Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to attract premium travelers back to UA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to attract premium travelers back to UA.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Food food food

They need to fire the head of their food department and start fresh. The people who run the food/catering of UA are like GM/ Chrysler/Ford. They need to bring in an Elon Musk/Tesla sort of thinking. They need fresh blood in the catering department.

UA food changes have been evolutionary, not revolutionary. The problem is that when you start with such a bad product, evolution is not the answer.

If I were Smisek, I would replace the entire staff of food/catering planners etc. That is UA's achilles heel in the premium sector.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
How?

1. Fix operations
2. Fix operations
3. Fix operations
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
They need to fire the head of their food department and start fresh. The people who run the food/catering of UA are like GM/ Chrysler/Ford. They need to bring in an Elon Musk/Tesla sort of thinking. They need fresh blood in the catering department.

UA food changes have been evolutionary, not revolutionary. The problem is that when you start with such a bad product, evolution is not the answer.

If I were Smisek, I would replace the entire staff of food/catering planners etc. That is UA's achilles heel in the premium sector.
So you would just walk into the catering department with your fairy wand and just fire people? I would suspect the probme lies in the fact that the catering budget is getting cut, so this means things have to be cut. The problem lies much higher up... Employee's are finally seeing the problem they want Jeffery gone.... I'm sure a lot of people want to see him gone..
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by BearX220
Reliability trumps everything else. Most of my friends who have stopped booking UA do it not owing to lack of limes, or TODs, but because you can't count on your flight even operating or your connection working. When you go to the airport to fly UA today you have no idea what's about to happen to you. Fix that, explicitly and visibly, and it'd be a start.
This is 1a in my book which has pushed me to move my 130+ segments a year to AA & WN. 1b? Lack of flight availability at decent times for business connections at a competitive price. (AMEX travel/Concur traveller)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Fix IRROPS Handling

I continue to be floored by the lousy customer service from some staff. They simply don't value their customers or their time.

I had a delayed inbound the other day. I asked the GA to please call the gate for me, I'll make it (had 15 minutes, it wasn't far). In lazy CO IAH style, she said, "Oh they know y'all are comin'!" and didn't pick up the phone. I missed the flight by seconds because of this.

Fine, get rebooked on the next one with space (3 hours) and wait it out in the club. While waiting, notice that an earlier one (by 2 hours) opened up and went Y3. I ask at the club desk to move to that one since I'd misconnected, and the agent refuses saying she can only do standby. I couldn't believe that. I verified she saw they're selling 3 revenue seats and then simply demanded it -- I'm a misconnected 1K, there's space for sale, put me on the flight now.

For some reason, she didn't want to touch it, she called someone, and they did it no problem.

This CO style attitude during IRROPS really needs to get fixed.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:42 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
I won't even consider coming back to UAX. When UA starts flying mainline aircraft again, I'll start to look, but even then, there is a miriad of other problems that need to be addressed before earning my $25K+ of annual revenue again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.