FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Delayed-Operations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1571596-delayed-operations.html)

gusd Apr 24, 2014 7:15 am

Delayed-Operations

I tried searching for this, but was unsuccessful.

I haven't seen this one before. I am watching UA132 these days, as I will be on it soon and will have a short connection in MUC. Yesterday, the flight arrived over 3 hours late, the reason was "Delayed-Operations" The inbound from MUC had arrived early.

Does anybody know what this delay means? I presume it has something to do with UA's operations, rather than airport operations, as those would be under "airport conditions preventing departure", right? But what kind of operations issue would cause a 3 hour delay at a hub?

Thanks

mduell Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

Originally Posted by gusd (Post 22752955)
I haven't seen this one before. I am watching UA132 these days, as I will be on it soon and will have a short connection in MUC. Yesterday, the flight arrived over 3 hours late, the reason was "Delayed-Operations" The inbound from MUC had arrived early.

What day and flight are you asking about?

Flight status does not reflect your 3 hour delay claim for UA132 yesterday:

Code:

0132/23APR
P IAD/OUT    550P  L00.35  EST OFF  607PAWAITING FLT
P IAD/OFF    604P
P MUC/ON    800A
P MUC/IN    808A  L00.18  ☨

gusd Apr 24, 2014 9:42 am

It arrived yesterday, so it left on 4/22, it is UA132 IAD-MUC.

Thanks

In the meantime, UA132 has been constantly delayed each day, this time with the reason "Aircraft preparation" And the incoming aircraft is consistently considerably early. Is it that hard to turn around a 764 in IAD?

WineCountryUA Apr 27, 2014 4:22 pm

7 day average UA132
55 minutes late departure, 38 minutes late arrival

In past 2 weeks -- two 3 hour or so delays, rest of the time, early, ontime or <30-40 minutes.

PV_Premier Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I am by no means certain but a few things that i could imagine being coded as an operations delay would be
  • catering
  • weight and balance
  • gate availability
  • baggage loading
  • etc

some of those might fall into the black box of "airport conditions", this list is really just a guess

gusd Apr 27, 2014 8:40 pm

I've been on this flight several times, and it used to be on time most of the time, arriving MUC early. So I got used to having 65 or 70 minute connections in MUC and even having time to grab breakfast in the lounge:) I hope this is not going to change.

mduell Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

My IAD-IAH (on the 763) was listed as Delayed-Operations when they were waiting for some flight planning related to a reroute to avoid thunderstorms.