FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   [Targeted] -- United Triple Award Miles thru [31-Jul-2014] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1571295-targeted-united-triple-award-miles-thru-31-jul-2014-a.html)

1015-1k Apr 23, 2014 12:03 am

[Targeted] -- United Triple Award Miles thru [31-Jul-2014]

Received this today. Curious who else is receiving it. Seems like I would be an unlikely candidate, but I'm not complaining...

--------------

For a limited time, earn triple award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

We are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to earn triple miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United:
• Register by May 31, 2014
• Book your travel by July 31, 2014
• Fly between May 1 and July 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing United for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

----------------
Standard fine print for these types of offers, although discount fares not included: only F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, and E. And only up to 50,000 bonus miles can be awarded, though it is not clear of that is on a per trip basis.

zrs70 Apr 23, 2014 12:06 am

Originally Posted by 1015-1k (Post 22745974)
Received this today. Curious who else is receiving it. Seems like I would be an unlikely candidate, but I'm not complaining...

--------------

For a limited time, earn triple award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

We are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to earn triple miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United:
• Register by May 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing United for your travel needs, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon.

----------------
Standard fine print for these types of offers, although discount fares not included: only F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, and E. And only up to 50,000 bonus miles can be awarded, though it is not clear of that is on a per trip basis.

Is there a registration code?

1015-1k Apr 23, 2014 12:14 am

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 22745983)
Is there a registration code?

No. Just a link in the email. Rule no. 1 is that only those receiving the email are eligible.

FlytheTail Apr 23, 2014 4:59 am

Looks like a very similar version of one of these:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...utcall-ua.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-survey.html

spin88 Apr 23, 2014 5:22 am

I find it very very interesting that this (1) went to a GS, and (2) that it covered the summer travel season (its through 7/31). That is both an unusual promo period and an unusual group to sent it to.

OP, have you flown substantially less recently?

My guess is that for this type of a promo, they are seeing fewer high end advance bookings into the summer and a further loss of HVFers, and so are giving away miles to try to gig some further purchases.

Not a good sign if you are of the view that United is doing well and improving its revenue picture.

luckypierre Apr 23, 2014 5:35 am

Interesting choice of United fliers.

lilpisher Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am

Got this as well - had the standard "Thanks for completing the survey" which I did a couple weeks ago. This was the first promo I've gotten from COdbaUA and my travel went from weekly to zero around the beginning of March.

I wonder if they are correlating the types of offers with survey results (i.e., determine if certain promos increase travel compared to anticipated travel).

Offer code appears to be: TDC440

DCA writer Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am

Got this offer as well. And I have flown less--not since late March, with one cancelled flight in April, one coming up in mid-May and nothing booked afterwards. (I do have a trip to SFO in late June that I need to book.)

I actually found myself looking up Hemispheres online to see what I was missing in this month's issue. Sick, huh?

belynch Apr 23, 2014 6:47 am

Targeted as well. First promo received from UA in recent memory.
Q2 travel way down YoY and QoQ, due to UA performance.

Received the survey a few weeks ago, which seemed to trigger the promo.

Won't change my buying behavior. I have hundreds of thousands of miles, can't use them, and really only care about getting places I'm trying to go with minimal headaches. UA fails at that.

1015-1k Apr 23, 2014 7:33 am

Originally Posted by spin88 (Post 22746733)
OP, have you flown substantially less recently?

No, if anything I've flown more recently. 90k pqm to date.

I tend to not book too far in advance for my premium travel.

And I didn't see any survey that others are mentioning.

mechteach Apr 23, 2014 8:04 am

I received a slightly different offer - fewer bonus RDMs, but a choice of an RPU or 2 club passes:

To enhance your travel experience this year, we are pleased to offer you a choice of two United Club one-time passes or a complimentary Regional Premier Upgrade. All you have to do is register by May 31, 2014, and you will see them in your account within 7–10 business days.

Also for a limited time, you have an exclusive opportunity to earn double miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United:
It's valid for tickets issued on 4/22 or later. Too bad we already booked our summer tickets to Europe on the cheap-o business class sale a few weeks ago, but I should still be able to get a few miles out of it.

bob_the_d Apr 23, 2014 8:12 am

i'm still bummed i haven't gotten any of these promos in the last year or so.

Billiken Apr 23, 2014 8:13 am

Valid for tickets after 22-April.
Begging for revenue...............

demosthenes1 Apr 23, 2014 8:16 am

I signed up, but with E being the lowest revenue class that qualifies, I doubt I'm going to benefit.

windycityf Apr 23, 2014 8:31 am

I received the double miles one today as 1k. I also already booked most of my summer travel with the cheap fares. But signed up just in case.