Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinion Miles Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
The whole experience has been terribly frustrating.

As others have pointed out, one fills out a preliminary questionnaire and then you get taken to a survey. After doing more preliminary questions, one is told that one does not qualify.

If they have too many frequent flyers filling out surveys, why do they reach out to this group?

I am going to quit. I have better ways to get 50 miles every so often.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Finally, a nice 2-minute survey. Just a few quick questions. Most of the surveys are duds for me.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:34 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
New privacy policy

In case anyone has missed it I got an email from Opinion Miles Club a few days back telling me about an updated privacy policy for 2017 which looks like it gives them much more scope to sell data on to third parties. I've now cancelled my account, too intrusive to be worth if for the occasional 50 miles it gets me. The new policy is here.

The email text was

Dear Member,
We have updated our privacy policy. Effective January 1, 2017, the privacy policy available through the link below shall govern Opinion Miles Club’s use of your personal data collected through our mobile applications and related websites (collectively “Services”).

The changes to the policy include, but are not limited to, additional uses of your personal data for marketing purposes by both Opinion Miles Club and third parties and additional third parties with whom Opinion Miles Club may share your personal data.

Please review the policy carefully and if you do not agree to the terms, please delete our application(s) from your phone and/or please terminate your panel account(s).

Your continued use of the Services after January 1, 2017 shall be deemed your consent to the updated privacy policy.

We look forward to your continued participation in our research panels.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Thereby confirming that they are just scammers.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:40 pm
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Exactly. It was annoying how often surveys failed despite asking such detailed pre-qualification questions, but I made a thousand air miles eating up quiet time in the office, so not bad.

But now all of those detailed questions without a survey take on a whole new meaning, looks like they where just data mining all along.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: co,aa,del,united
Saved a expiring 55k Act. with 2x surveys ,50 and 25 miles.Cancelling now
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
I just quit today too.

I did earn some miles over the years, but the combination of the new privacy policy and the frustration of routinely taking time to fill out the introductory question section only to be rejected after the completing the second set of background questions finally made me call it quits.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:21 pm

Cancelled mine as well.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by tkc98110
I'm pretty sure you can use a VPN service like WiTopia to give yourself a US-based IP address. I will let you know if it works the next time I'm overseas!
Can anyone follow up on this? Is there a known VPN that works for Opinion Miles and their other names like Miles for Thoughts and Opinionrewards? I have tried several and none seem to work for me.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:36 am

Alaska has sent out an email for 400 miles to signup. Just did it... one survey to get 400 points. Just as painful as before.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I quit taking their surveys quite some time ago.

They are the same company that operates "Peanut Labs" surveys on e-miles and MyPoints; Survey Points Club for Amtrak; and probably other partners as well. I generally avoid their surveys wherever they appear, because of their time-wasting nature.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I quit taking their surveys quite some time ago.

They are the same company that operates "Peanut Labs" surveys on e-miles and MyPoints; Survey Points Club for Amtrak; and probably other partners as well. I generally avoid their surveys wherever they appear, because of their time-wasting nature.
After I sussed out their scammy nature, I gradually mutated my profile every survey to shoot for the higher point surveys. I found out which demographic combos were most valuable to them and exploited them for a while.

Eventually, they must've caught on and fired me.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
UA MileagePlus # Does not match Log-In ??

Getting very frustrated with OpinionMilesClub......I've actually accrued a lot of miles over the past year (with tons of long boring surveys) but since yesterday I keep having a sign in problem asking for my MP# and then stating it does not match my Membership information or E-mail. Nothing has changed on my end. Their 800# just bounces me to a voicemail. I did send an e-mail but they responded with a generic - we will try to answer you in 72 hours. ?? Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:10 pm

Sign in

Originally Posted by FlyingNone
Getting very frustrated with OpinionMilesClub......I've actually accrued a lot of miles over the past year (with tons of long boring surveys) but since yesterday I keep having a sign in problem asking for my MP# and then stating it does not match my Membership information or E-mail. Nothing has changed on my end. Their 800# just bounces me to a voicemail. I did send an e-mail but they responded with a generic - we will try to answer you in 72 hours. ?? Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem. I had my sister in CA check and she has the same problem. I have called and emailed and they keep telling me I have put in the wrong information. I have been able to bypass it by going into an email I received months ago and clicking to take that survey. I can take surveys, but can not see my account. You can try that, but it you need to contact them, you have to go to an old email they sent you from their customer service and send it that way. I think it is a glitch in the system. My nephew found a blog online that says if you can get through to them they fix it, but you can't get through. Good luck.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by knowns
I am having the same problem. I had my sister in CA check and she has the same problem. I have called and emailed and they keep telling me I have put in the wrong information. I have been able to bypass it by going into an email I received months ago and clicking to take that survey. I can take surveys, but can not see my account. You can try that, but it you need to contact them, you have to go to an old email they sent you from their customer service and send it that way. I think it is a glitch in the system. My nephew found a blog online that says if you can get through to them they fix it, but you can't get through. Good luck.
----
Hey, thanks for your experience and information. I finally received a response today (September 25th)....I'm going to try what they suggest and will post what has happened in a few minutes.

"Hello XXXX,

Our system was experiencing technical issues during the period that you were attempting to access your account. We apologize for any inconvenience and can advise you that the problems have since been resolved.

To change your password, simply log into your survey account and click the “Change Password” link on your dashboard. If you cannot remember your password, please go to the survey site and click the forgot password link on the log in screen. Your password will be mailed to your email.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems or if you have further questions. Thank you."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.