Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinion Miles Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
I took a flyer and joined this today too - and while some of the info requests started to border on uncomfortable, I certainly wasn't asked any banking info. We'll see.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I've been a member for about 14 months now, and have earned a bit over 3,000 miles from it. Better than nothing, but too many time-wasting surveys where you answer a bunch of questions and it then says "this is not the right survey for you." Over half of the surveys have been like that. (I checked my account statement and this is what it shows.)

If you're a busy person, this is not a worthwhile pursuit for you, except once in a while to keep your UA miles from expiring (assuming you don't actually fly UA and don't do other activities to keep your miles alive).
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I've been a member for about 14 months now, and have earned a bit over 3,000 miles from it. Better than nothing, but too many time-wasting surveys where you answer a bunch of questions and it then says "this is not the right survey for you." Over half of the surveys have been like that. (I checked my account statement and this is what it shows.)

If you're a busy person, this is not a worthwhile pursuit for you, except once in a while to keep your UA miles from expiring (assuming you don't actually fly UA and don't do other activities to keep your miles alive).
Generally the same experience though I do feel the % of 'this is not the right survey for you' occurrences has declined. Pretty perfect for a desk jockey like me who multi-tasks between a survey and actual work. I do find the time estimates tend to be on the low side, so consider yourself warned.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You are the lucky ones because my daughter and I find we are rejected 75% of the time. It is very annoying. I like erewards better and that is saying a lot. Sometimes it makes me crazy because Opinion Miles gleans so much info without paying. I find also that they are more intrusive than erewards.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by Karen2
You are the lucky ones because my daughter and I find we are rejected 75% of the time. It is very annoying. I like erewards better and that is saying a lot. Sometimes it makes me crazy because Opinion Miles gleans so much info without paying. I find also that they are more intrusive than erewards.
To be successful and lower the rejection percentage, I think one need to change their strategy of conducting the survey.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
When a survey comes and I have a few minutes, my expectation is that it will not be the right survey for me. I am surprised when I actually get to take the survey. Then, a lot of times, it is a survey that asks for too much personal information or is not of interest to me, so I quit.

However, when I do complete an occasional survey, the miles are usually posted the next day - faster than United flights!

Last edited by goalie; Jun 23, 2015 at 9:48 am Reason: removed quote of previously deleted post
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:31 am

I dropped Opinion Miles Club

Just shy of 5000 miles earned, I dropped Opinion Miles Club today. Here's why:

Reasons 1-4 represent problems with Opinion Miles Club and/or the companies they represent: and have been documented in this thread from inception. Yet, are we seeing any meaningful action taken by them to rectify these???

1. False hopes. An email claiming, for example, a 12 minute survey for 50 miles, becomes 25 minutes for 50 miles after answering those random market research/profile questions.

2. More False Hopes. An email claiming a 30 minute survey for X miles "but because you are a valued member.... you will earn more." Only to find at the end of the survey "the more" equals about 30 more.

3. More More False hopes: Ahhh, that moment when you click to the next page of the survey then get "the page could not be displayed" and there's not a thing you can do to correct the situation

4. After providing detailed opinions on a variety of proposed advertisements, then to be told they have enough respondents for the survey already. Huh?

5. Ratio of surveys which I qualify for. Not great.

If 1-4 were corrected, 5 becomes less of an issue. One simply can't qualify for most surveys.

The immediate posting of miles is excellent. But the technical aspects of the site do not seem to be a priority for Opinion Miles Club.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have actually been pretty lucky with limited amounts of the "this survey is not right for you" and other issues as listed above. I also tend to do these when I am "multi-tasking" with other, non-priority web use.

A new one recently for me is at the end of the survey and I get some type of error message that they detected unusual behavior and my survey is not recorded. I have received this twice now.

To their credit, a quick message via their webpage and they have credited my miles within 48 hours, but just another inconvenience.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:44 am
Suspended

Opinion Miles Club

I get approved for all the surveys giving out 25 miles. Lol
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:04 am

Opinion Miles Club

A couple of times a week, I get an e-mail inviting me to take a survey and earn 50 United Mileage Plus miles or so. I did a few of them, but have given up in frustration. It goes like this:

The e-mail says "Earn 60 miles. Take this 12 minute survey."

So I click to open the survey, there are a bunch of prelimiary questions before the actual survey starts. This takes at least 5 minutes. Then the survey opens and it says "Earn 50 miles" and that the survey will take about 20 minutes to complete.

OK, I have some time to kill while finishing my morning coffee. Do I read any of these magazines? No. Do I have any of these music services? No. Did I buy a lawn mower in the past two years? No.

Twenty minutes later, the messages pops up "This isn't the right survey for you. Click here to take another survey."

Half an hour and no miles. I unsubscribed (not knowing that I ever did subscribe) and they still send me the invites, which I've now directed to me e-mail spam folder to help me resist temptation.

Does anyone have consistently good experiences with these surveys, or is it just another scam?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:23 am

I'd say I have consistently good experiences, and certainly WAY better than when the program was first rolled out (and I would have an experience similar to the one you described). Some things to note:
1) The miles/time offer in the email is usually expired by the time you click on it, so you're served up another offer.
2) You almost always have to answer that one page of random questions, and yes oftentimes it's the same questions.
3) It's now pretty rare for me to start down the survey and end up at a dead end (the dreaded 'sorry this survey isn't right for you' page).

As a data point, yesterday I got thru 3 surveys in a roll successfully. Today after the page of questions I was served up a 60 miles / 30 minutes survey and passed on it.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:32 am

The good, the bad and the ugly (most the last two) of Opinion Miles Club are described at length in another thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ng-survey.html
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
I've never gotten anything for doing anything for Opinion Miles Club years ago & wouldn't recommend it probably resells your personal information for someone else's profit merely giving you junk mail which they can justify as they can legally claim a "business relationship" with you thus avoiding the anti-junk mail regulations.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Totally worthless and not worth a lick of your time. The fact you can go several minutes and then be told the survey isn't for you is infuriating.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The fact you can go several minutes and then be told the survey isn't for you is infuriating.
I used to take them until this happened to me a few times, and I said forget it. They are a waste of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.