Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bye Bye Baileys? [False. Bailey's remains per UAInsider]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM

Upgraded yesterday CLE-IAH and ordered a Bailey's on the rocks pre-departure. FA told me they had been notified that Bailey's was being phased out, United would soon no longer have Baileys on board . Lucky for me there was still a bottle on board yesterday's flight.

She said Bailey's very popular, especially with a coffee. They will still have cognac, but in her 6 years as a FA no one has ever ordered a cognac period much less a cognac and coffee.

I didn't think to ask her if this was for domestic only. I did mention that $2B in cuts has to come from somewhere and she just laughed.

I'll miss having a Bailey's in coffee after a meal on domestic, and (if discontinued international) Bailey's on top of ice cream. This is a small change but one I don't like.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That's too bad. My wife's favorite drink is Bailey's and Amaretto. I wonder if they'll replace it with a "generic" or just bail (pun intended).
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
I certainly hope this isn't true
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:01 pm
RJ1

Darn. I always have Bailey's on the rocks after dinner to help me get to sleep on TATL flights.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
This one actually bugs me
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
well this was the last thing on UAL that I classified as "drinkable" therefore, if true (probably is) not surprised to see it go. United continuously surprises with how crappy they have become, and how low they will go. United is not even a sad joke at this point, its just a bad joke.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:12 pm

How does JD mix with coffee?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by BigJC
How does JD mix with coffee?
About as well as Tito's....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
What else did she tell you? I'm sure she speaks for the whole company. FT WOULD LOVE TO KNOW
Why the commentary? Informative posts don't deserve that kind of drivel in response
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:29 pm

On a related note to the OPs post, I was upgraded to first from cle-mco the other day on a 830am flight --ready for breakfast and found out that we were given "a warm scone." I flew this route last year with a full breakfast. Simply sad what United is doing and has done. Before you know it, first class will be nothing more than a wider seat.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No biggie for me. Baileys makes me gag.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
lets hope this is all UA has to cut to save $2 billion
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The only time I drink coffee is when it is accompanied by Baileys. It will be very disappointing if this report is accurate.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Bailey's gone? Probably I will get one in airport duty free shop before I board and share my bottle with everyone else...

Is one 750 bottle enough for 747 or 777 BF?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RJ1
Darn. I always have Bailey's on the rocks after dinner to help me get to sleep on TATL flights.
The Port wine is quite good and will do the trick also. I often end up asking for several refills, as it beats any of the reds UA serves.

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
I'll miss having a Bailey's in coffee after a meal on domestic, and (if discontinued international) Bailey's on top of ice cream. This is a small change but one I don't like.
I prefer the Amaretto on the ice cream, and every time I ask for it the FA looks surprised, as if I have 2 heads. Do they give you the same look when you ask to put Bailey's on it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.