Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
I have only experienced the former GF lounge at LHR in the mornings and it has always been extremely quiet and well staffed.
iluv2fly and Silver Fox like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I gave up on going to the LH lounge, always seems crowded to me. Now, even if I’m flying to EU, I always go to the UC. Even when crowded I can find a good seat, and the food is top notch.
There are times when it is fairly quiet and before EU flights, the other three lounges are quite a bit away from the action.

The UC wouldn‘t be my overall first choice. Some of the frequent UA flyers I know like it, because it is so much better than any UC back home.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
Did you come to an understanding as to the access rules now in effect for the former GFL?
GS traveling in polaris (paid or upgrade or award) can bring a guest.

Originally Posted by PBAudit
I am currently at the former GFL and asked the agent about the new rules. She said that a GS traveling in Polaris class can now bring in 2 adult guests...
and so it goes. i was told just one guest.

Originally Posted by physioprof
The key is to not go near or even look at the United Club front desk clerks when entering the LHR former Global First lounge. Just exit the stairway or elevator and immediately turn right and make a beeline for the VIP lounge desk before the United Club desk people can try to stop you and start making up fake rules.
yup. i realize this now. i am there relatively infrequently and, frankly, i had forgotten this. i thought that there was only one check-in desk and they sent you 'round the corner to the former GFL. but, no, you are correct: two separate check-in desks!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So do you need to be GS or just in Polaris?
Only GS can use the former GFL at LHR.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by physioprof
Only GS can use the former GFL at LHR.
What is that lounge called now? GS lounge? Does it officially exist?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
What is that lounge called now? GS lounge? Does it officially exist?
LHR is one of a number GFLs that have been converted into (for the time being) in VIP (/GS) lounges. For those airports planned for Polaris Lounges, I would suspect those lounges would eventually disappear.
UA First lounges/GFL have closed now that GF/PF is gone -- what happens to the space?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:21 pm

Situation at London Heathrow?

I will be flying Thai Airways from London Heathrow in first class on April 6, 2019, and I have a Star Alliance gold card. Does a United first class lounge exist at London Heathrow? If yes, can I get in with my Thai first class ticket? If no, is there any other (good) lounge I can visit, that I woundn't have access to with my gold card alone?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drvb
I will be flying Thai Airways from London Heathrow in first class on April 6, 2019, and I have a Star Alliance gold card. Does a United first class lounge exist at London Heathrow? If yes, can I get in with my Thai first class ticket? If no, is there any other (good) lounge I can visit, that I woundn't have access to with my gold card alone?

The LHR UC is one of the great clubs in the network. You can use that. Alternately, there are several *A lounges in the terminal that you can access. Check the Star Alliance Lounge Finder for best results - https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder. There are AC, LH, UA, and SQ lounges to choose from.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
The LHR UC is one of the great clubs in the network. You can use that. Alternately, there are several *A lounges in the terminal that you can access. Check the Star Alliance Lounge Finder for best results - https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder. There are AC, LH, UA, and SQ lounges to choose from.
So, a person travelling in first class and a person travelling on a €40 Scandinavian Airlines-ticket get access to the same lounges at Heathrow?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
So, a person traveling in first class and a person traveling on a €40 Scandinavian Airlines-ticket get access to the same lounges at Heathrow?
If you have the qualifying factors, yes. Having a *G from a participating airline in the alliance pretty much removes the barrier to entry. The only time it would matter is at the LH lounges - a business class ticket without status gets you access to LH Business lounge, whereas a business/ economy ticket with *G credentials gets you access to the Senator lounge. Not everyone can afford to buy/ fly business class on company or own dime. But earning *G status does come with perks that you can enjoy.
Silver Fox and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
You can access the F section of the SQ lounge, which is nice - a la carte menu in addition to buffet, solid wines and champagne, etc.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123

I'm flying SFO-LHR later this month and connecting to a separate ticket after 3-3.5 hours on LH to MUC and BRI. Do I have access to UC and all the *A lounges? I am a *A Gold.

Then flying back, LHR-SFO on Polaris. Would be the same lounges in Terminal 2A?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
I'm flying SFO-LHR later this month and connecting to a separate ticket after 3-3.5 hours on LH to MUC and BRI. Do I have access to UC and all the *A lounges? I am a *A Gold. ...
Yes, *G on a departing *A flight (at LHR) in any fare class has *A lounge access.

Then flying back, LHR-SFO on Polaris. Would be the same lounges in Terminal 2A?
Yes

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2019 at 12:10 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So which ones are the "best?"

I have no recollection of UC. Did try the GFL once.

LH Lounge was good, with the sliding doors to the back room where there weren't that many people.

UC vs. LH Lounge?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
So which ones are the "best?"

I have no recollection of UC. Did try the GFL once.

LH Lounge was good, with the sliding doors to the back room where there weren't that many people.

UC vs. LH Lounge?
To each his own but for me it's a wash. The LH Senator section is usually not as crowded as either the LH C section or the UC, but the food and drink are about equal to the UC. Also, unless you have time for both, the UC will be way more convenient to the UA gates. When I have time I like to hit the LH Senator section first for a bit and then head to the UA VIP lounge.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.