Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:48 am

Does anyone have an update on the UC hot water status? Open for business? Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:22 pm

Allow me to answer my own question: a big NO…club is still closed. I asked the GS rep when I got my printed boarding passes this morning if the club was open. He replied, “ No sir”. I asked why the hot water issue had not been resolved. He replied, “This is England, sir”.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
From what I got late last night, it will still be closed today , Dec 14th. Ask for a voucher and visit some of the other allowed lounges, if they aren’t full.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Rocketman1
... I asked why the hot water issue had not been resolved. He replied, “This is England, sir”.
Maybe Bert Large / Ian McNeice is their plumber
Old Dec 15, 2022, 3:13 am

LHR UC closed today Dec 15 as well.

Used air Canada lounge. Three shower stalls with toilet.
Clean showers
lounge experience was great for me.
food is basic but fine.

stepped in to SQ lounge. Looked very over crowded.
No Seats. Left immediately.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:55 am

The United lounges are opened again. Both the regular and GS. Security was a bit of a mess. Took 30 minutes to get through Fast Track but I think the line was building rapidly.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Rock214
The United lounges are opened again. Both the regular and GS. Security was a bit of a mess. Took 30 minutes to get through Fast Track but I think the line was building rapidly.
Schools breaking up today is not going to help that ease any time soon.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:55 am

UA Club and 'GS Overflow Club' open today - Dec 17

Very quiet in the GS section at 7:55 AM...
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Bit off thread here but are the two LHR Hiltons convenient to United at Terminal 2?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:45 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
The Hilton Garden Inn at T2/T3 is the closest Hilton property and most convenient. A bit of a wind through the Carpark but still close in. The true Hiltons are somewhat a journey, as is pretty much everything at LHR.

The closest Hilton branded hotel Is at T4 and is connected to the terminal via a covered walkway.

DEN
manstein58 likes this.

Last edited by DEN; Dec 20, 2022 at 8:44 am Reason: Added T4 info
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: UA GS
Sitting in the GS Lounge at LHR now for what will likely be my last time, ironically cause my move to London this limited my flights on UA and I’ll probably drop to 1K.

My favorite lounge in the system mainly because of how quiet it is.
Dyce and manstein58 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by villox
Sitting in the GS Lounge at LHR now for what will likely be my last time, ironically cause my move to London this limited my flights on UA and I’ll probably drop to 1K.

My favorite lounge in the system mainly because of how quiet it is.
Not sure if you're aware, but 1K members have recently been invited into the 'GS Lounge' (which is no longer a strictly 'GS Lounge', and more of an overflow lounge for Polaris/1K passengers, especially when traveling solo). So, maybe your visit won't have been your last time after all!
villox, st530 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
will be interesting to see how the LHR club will handle the throngs of folks transiting during the holidays this year.

David

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 22, 2022 at 8:06 pm Reason: cleanup after other post moved
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Not sure if you're aware, but 1K members have recently been invited into the 'GS Lounge' (which is no longer a strictly 'GS Lounge', and more of an overflow lounge for Polaris/1K passengers, especially when traveling solo). So, maybe your visit won't have been your last time after all!
On my last visit the agent said to me that "you may use the 1K section of the lounge" and pointed left. Sorry for those GS who feel that area belongs to them....
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Also interested to hear how UA flyers fare during the next few days and if they use the UC as a refuge from the strike: Travel Waiver: London Industrial Action (December 22, 2022 - December 30, 2022)

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.