Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bmwe92fan
Wiki Link
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Arrival Lounge Hours 5 AM - 2 PM (open as of June 13, 2022)
United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. 9:00 p.m. daily
Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022)

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 22, 4:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seanp7 View Post
I went through May 14, 2022 and there was a cocktail menu (including an outstanding spiced tequila cocktail). It would be a real shame if the cocktail menus (and ingredients) were enhanced away...
Maybe OP was on the VIP side, I think since there's no full bar service there, maybe they've cut the "menu"? I know when I was there in April, cocktail menus were available and the bar was happy to make whatever I requested (negroni).
Old Sep 29, 22, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Visited the Arrivals Lounge yesterday for the first time since re-opening. Showers etc are still excellent (and that's what it's really about). It was busy but not excessively so - got a shower immediately and got the last table that was free but that seemed to be how it worked for everyone.

It did seem like the breakfast had been altered somewhat. Good pastries have been replaced by soggy UA style pastries. Bread was very basic and the toaster breaks world records for how slow it is! I ordered a egg/bacon/sausage "bowl" which was actually a plate, but the bacon had been cooked some hours before. The yoghurts etc. were excellent and varied.
lsquare likes this.
Old Yesterday, 5:46 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post

I ordered a egg/bacon/sausage "bowl" which was actually a plate,

Yes it certainly wasn't a bowl!!! But that said I wonder how anyone would be intending to put all that in a bowl....
Old Today, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I much prefer the buffet version. And as for baked beans in a dish....grrrrrrrr
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Today, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
They did used to have cocktail menus for sure. Definitely saw them in 2019. Did you try asking them to make you a cocktail? I miss my espresso Martinis!
I did ask, but standard cocktails were offered up (e.g. G&T), as opposed to more crafted offerings in the past.
Old Today, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA GS (3MM); Hilton Lifetime Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; AMEX Plat; Hertz Pres
I was in the arrivals lounge two weeks ago. You could still order off the menu (e.g. Salmon Eggs Benedict) but you needed to know to ask.

Search this Thread