Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Question Is there a *A Arrivals lounge at LHR?

I usually fly Skyteam to London as I love the VS Arrivals Lounge and Clubhouse. Looks like my next trip will be on *A.

Thanks for any information!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Return2flight
I usually fly Skyteam to London as I love the VS Arrivals Lounge and Clubhouse. Looks like my next trip will be on *A.

Thanks for any information!
Yes, to left as you exit T2 customs/immigration
Return2flight likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 28, 2022 at 5:08 pm Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No, there is no *A arrival lounge in LHR. If you are flying UA in Polaris you have access to a shared lounge. If you are on another *A carrier you may have access or not. AC has access but I believe e.g. SQ does not.
jsloan, drewguy, lsquare and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
cfisher is correct. I guess it's not for all *A passengers. Found dated blurb (2019) at executivetraveller.com describing admittance. Won't vouch for accuracy (weren't the GF cabins gone by 2019?) or completeness:
  • United Airlines' Polaris first class and business class customers arriving into London
  • United Global Services members arriving on United in any class of service
  • Air Canada business class passengers arriving into London
  • Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members arriving on Air Canada flights (+1 guest)
  • South African Airways' Voyager Platinum Life members arriving on SAA flights
London Heathrow T2 Star Alliance business class lounges - Executive Traveller
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
South African Airways' Voyager Platinum Life members arriving on SAA flights
I would take this off the list as SAA doesn't fly to LHR anymore.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by ani90
I would take this off the list as SAA doesn't fly to LHR anymore.
The short-lived United Polaris First Class can be taken off the list as well.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
As another data point, I and the people behind me were sent to the old GS lounge (we were all 1Ks flying in Business) whereas the people in front were not. The lounge was sold as “quieter”, which it is.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I am traveling to LHR for the first time since making GS - It appears the lounge will be open for arrival and departure.

Is there any difference between the GS portion and regular lounge other than noise? I never flew First prior to Polaris and haven't been a GS since the new lounge, so I'll go in just to see - but just wondering if there is a something else.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 24, 2022 at 10:59 am Reason: removed off topic query
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I am traveling to LHR for the first time since making GS - It appears the lounge will be open for arrival and departure.

Is there any difference between the GS portion and regular lounge other than noise? I never flew First prior to Polaris and haven't been a GS since the new lounge, so I'll go in just to see - but just wondering if there is a something else.

Side question - I am on the 8am flight out of LHR - riding the tube from Thames river area shouldn't be an issue on Sunday morning should it?
The GS lounge has self-service bar with top-shelf liquor. It used to have better buffet food than United Club, but recent reports are that the food options are nearly identical. It used to have an a la carte menu to order table service, but supposedly this is gone too. Note, importantly, that the United Club and GS Lounge are only available on departure; on arrival you can only access the separate arrivals lounge (which I think is contract & not operated by United).
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If arriving on United and connecting to another terminal, is it possible to access the United Club before going to T4?

I have a 6.5 hour connection to an economy ticket on Oman Air. Would be good for take a shower and kill some time.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Doppy
If arriving on United and connecting to another terminal, is it possible to access the United Club before going to T4?

I have a 6.5 hour connection to an economy ticket on Oman Air. Would be good for take a shower and kill some time.
Yes it is possible - depending on your class of service -- if you are arriving in UA in business class then yes you in theory have access to the United Club in T2B -- but depending on your class of service on Oman Air you should consider their options -- as you will have to change terminals in LHR and I can't speak to how they will treat that at transit security these days entering a terminal you will not depart from -- but you could tell them (if in business class on UA) it's the only way to eat and get a shower -- they may let you through....
Doppy likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: *
This thread is for United lounges at Heathrow. There are threads that focus on the issues of transportation which you may find more helpful. This wiki contains general information and appropriate links, but there are also more specific threads.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 24, 2022 at 11:02 am Reason: removed quote of deleted post
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:48 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's stick to UA related issues in this forum.
Going so far off-topic lowers the utility of the thread for those interested in the thread subject.
Non-UA related posts have been removed

LHR hotels, trains to London, transfers to non-*A carriers, other LHR/London .... are best address in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/

This thread is for discussion of using/accessing the UA lounges at LHR

For discussion of making connections / security procedures on UA tickets in LHR, please use Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 24, 2022 at 11:02 am Reason: Non-UA related posts have been removed
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Can anyone confirm what time the Heathrow lounge closes? I've found post-COVID times of both 4pm and 9pm quoted. Not sure if it's a case of them having extended opening hours in recent months - or scaling them back.

Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
Can anyone confirm what time the Heathrow lounge closes? I've found post-COVID times of both 4pm and 9pm quoted. Not sure if it's a case of them having extended opening hours in recent months - or scaling them back.

Thanks
On the United app it says that the UA Club is open 5am to 6pm. Cannot confirm, but the UA app is pretty accurate when it comes to UA Clubs, not *A lounges necessary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.