Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You can get to it if transiting within T2, but not if arriving to UK, in which case you go through immigration/customs. Arrival to UK was purpose of arrivals lounge landside - certainly was a nice benefit.
Wouldn't I be able to just go through as if I'm transiting and go to the club? I don't believe you need to present an onward boarding pass to go through the transit area as you might not have it it (booked on a separate ticket).
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rshelton
Wouldn't I be able to just go through as if I'm transiting and go to the club? I don't believe you need to present an onward boarding pass to go through the transit area as you might not have it it (booked on a separate ticket).
Last time I transited they almost didn't let me through because I hadn't been able to get my boarding pass for the next leg at my origin, and my phone was so close to dead I could barely show my itinerary to the agent. Without that, I'd apparently have had to do immigration, check in land-side and clear security again. So the answer seems to be that you don't necessarily need an onward boarding pass, but you do need to be able to provide some degree of evidence that you have a T2 connection.
VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It is wise to always carry a paper copy of one's ticket receipt.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Does anyone know if the showers are available since the LHR UA lounge has reopened?
Yes

Originally Posted by mjg59
Last time I transited they almost didn't let me through because I hadn't been able to get my boarding pass for the next leg at my origin, and my phone was so close to dead I could barely show my itinerary to the agent. Without that, I'd apparently have had to do immigration, check in land-side and clear security again. So the answer seems to be that you don't necessarily need an onward boarding pass, but you do need to be able to provide some degree of evidence that you have a T2 connection.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It is wise to always carry a paper copy of one's ticket receipt.
Yes exactly. I just did a transit on separate tickets. I usually hate to do it but I was left few options if I wanted a PZ>0 flight. I was worried about TRC and OLCI failing me again but I lucked out and was able to get a BP. The guy in front of me in line did not have a BP but was able to show an itinerary. I went to the UA desk anyways because I wanted a paper BP, but they don't seem to show up until 3hrs prior to the first flight so I would have had to wait anyways since you need a BP to get into the lounge. (or maybe my arriving BP would have been sufficient? I'm not clear if the rule is the same for LH, SG, AC)

And reporting back from my previous post about which lounge is best for food: The PP restaurant is the best food since its freshly made and you have a wide menu to choose from. UA had the best general buffet selection. LH was a good second. SG for asian variety. AC fine but not worth it with all the other options
Here are photos from my visit two weeks ago in the morning:

Last edited by eng3; Mar 6, 2022 at 7:29 am
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Here's some pics from the LHR UC yesterday, 7 March. Food was the same exact spread they had the last time I was there a few days before Christmas. Right after I took these pics they came thru and re-filled much of the selection, however I didn't go back and take more pictures. You get the idea...

Also, some pics of the current state of construction directly below the lounge. They've made good progress since I was last there. I have no idea what their schedule is but I'm betting it'll be done in a matter of months. It was a very nice day in Southern England and they were pouring some concrete.

Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA
No cottage pie?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: United
United LHR Arrival Lounge

Is there any information on when the Arrival Lounge at LHR will reopen? We are flying there in May, a shower would make the four hour drive after landing more tolerable.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jdwflyod
Is there any information on when the Arrival Lounge at LHR will reopen? We are flying there in May, a shower would make the four hour drive after landing more tolerable.
I’m going to push on this tomorrow morning when I fly out of LHR with the premium
services manager. Will report back.
Jdwflyod likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by greenpau
I’m going to push on this tomorrow morning when I fly out of LHR with the premium
services manager. Will report back.

David
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like the TFL train from between LHR and Paddington (nee Heathrow Connect) will start running again in June as part of the new Elizabeth line. Which will operate first - Elizabeth Line or Arrivals Lounge? My bet is on Elizabeth Line with the BA.2 variant of Covid (not British Airways.2) as (newest) excuse not to open the lounge. Would be nice if they opened simultaneously.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Looks like the TFL train from between LHR and Paddington (nee Heathrow Connect) will start running again in June as part of the new Elizabeth line. Which will operate first - Elizabeth Line or Arrivals Lounge? My bet is on Elizabeth Line with the BA.2 variant of Covid (not British Airways.2) as (newest) excuse not to open the lounge. Would be nice if they opened simultaneously.
Given that Elizabeth line is being demonstrated already, and given no statement has been made at all for UA arrivals lounge, seems like a safe bet (not UA).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I wish they would reopen the old GF/GS lounge. The condition and crowding in the UA Club at LHR is pretty bad. Dirty (tables with dishes left behind), crowded, coffee machine broken. Not a good look for UA. Hoping it reopens soon.

Edited to add: I was speaking with a premium/GS agent while waiting to board and asked about the lounge reopening. She said they have no update as to a date and that when it does happen that it won’t be the same. She said the food will match the UA Club and there will not be servers to bring drinks as in the past. She also had no idea about the Arrivals Lounge and said they keep asking and being told there is no set date.
Jdwflyod likes this.

Last edited by EWRFlyerAL; Mar 21, 2022 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I wish they would reopen the old GF/GS lounge. The condition and crowding in the UA Club at LHR is pretty bad. Dirty (tables with dishes left behind), crowded, coffee machine broken. Not a good look for UA. Hoping it reopens soon.

Edited to add: I was speaking with a premium/GS agent while waiting to board and asked about the lounge reopening. She said they have no update as to a date and that when it does happen that it won’t be the same. She said the food will match the UA Club and there will not be servers to bring drinks as in the past. She also had no idea about the Arrivals Lounge and said they keep asking and being told there is no set date.
This is a bit concerning, UA has a bucketload of flights planned for LHR this summer.....
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uanj
This is a bit concerning, UA has a bucketload of flights planned for LHR this summer.....
Had a good chat this morning with the Premium Services Manager and the answer is the same as above - no clear timeline on Arrivals lounge. Apparently they were looking for paid (versus upgrade) business travel to be at a certain level before reopening - but with the current internal panic on fuel prices that is impacting any decision on moving ahead.

They do expect the crowding in the UC to subside once other lounges move to a regular operating schedule and other airlines return to their normal terminals. I really miss the GS Lounge but am anticipating it may not return - or if it does, as part of a Polaris Lounge format. Unsure.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by greenpau
Had a good chat this morning with the Premium Services Manager and the answer is the same as above - no clear timeline on Arrivals lounge. Apparently they were looking for paid (versus upgrade) business travel to be at a certain level before reopening - but with the current internal panic on fuel prices that is impacting any decision on moving ahead.

They do expect the crowding in the UC to subside once other lounges move to a regular operating schedule and other airlines return to their normal terminals. I really miss the GS Lounge but am anticipating it may not return - or if it does, as part of a Polaris Lounge format. Unsure.
Thanks for spending the time to talk and posting back here on behalf of the FT community. Bummer on the lack of a timeline.

David
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.