Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Does GS allow to acess GFL at LHR when traveling in business class on *A carriers?

All my flights out of LHR are on NH, SQ to Asia or intra-European flights to BRU/FRA/VIE/GVA. I have not flown UA back to US since moving to T2.

Just want know if my GS card would allow me to use the GFL.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Does GS allow to acess GFL at LHR when traveling in business class on *A carriers?

Just want know if my GS card would allow me to use the GFL.
Nope. The privilege applies only when flying United in Business Class.

See the detailed access rules at https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lhr/ (unfortunately united.com doesn't call out the special rules for GS at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:09 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Just enjoyed my 9 am hamburger in the GFL.

They just put lunch out. Very nice selection.

Be sure to sign the book. Look for some smiley faces in there.

Ironically, there is bit more of a selection for breakfast in the UC than in the GFL. But you can order a proper meal made pretty much to your specifications in the GFL. And I know that if you ask for something in the UC, they will go get it for you. ^

I would check out the lunch selection in the UC but my flight is now boarding. Perhaps I'll take the 3 pm flight one day to check everything out.

And Karen I manning the desk. Anyone who knows who she is knows she's top-notch.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have to say, I do like the UC food selection and the layout better than the GFL - and that is not to say that the GFL is not good because it is, but it is just a matter of preference for me. Plus I like sitting at or near the bar.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Pat+
Nope. The privilege applies only when flying United in Business Class.

See the detailed access rules at https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lhr/ (unfortunately united.com doesn't call out the special rules for GS at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx)

Reading the rules at loungereview.com, it sounds like I would not get access to the GFL as a GS arriving ORD->LHR, connecting to Swiss Air Business Class.

I have a hard time believing that. Domestic GFLs have always let me in when I was arriving on an intl BF flight. Even the SFO lounge has let me in without blinking (e.g. arriving in BF from FRA, connecting to a Y UAX flight).

Does any GS have experience with this at LHR?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Reading the rules at loungereview.com, it sounds like I would not get access to the GFL as a GS arriving ORD->LHR, connecting to Swiss Air Business Class.

I have a hard time believing that. Domestic GFLs have always let me in when I was arriving on an intl BF flight. Even the SFO lounge has let me in without blinking (e.g. arriving in BF from FRA, connecting to a Y UAX flight).

Does any GS have experience with this at LHR?
Well I can tell you that I have been allowed in after arriving from the US and connecting to a flight on OU (Croatian airlines) in Y - what I can't tell you is if it was because they recognized me or if it's the rule.... What I can say for 100 percent certainty is they make a proper Bloody Mary - nice and spicy! This one is from last Thursday - yummy....
Attached Images  
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Well I can tell you that I have been allowed in after arriving from the US and connecting to a flight on OU (Croatian airlines) in Y - what I can't tell you is if it was because they recognized me or if it's the rule.... What I can say for 100 percent certainty is they make a proper Bloody Mary - nice and spicy! This one is from last Thursday - yummy....
Nice! It seems like with our travel schedules (215K BIS for me last year) we are bound to cross paths at some point. I'll be at LHR in ~12 days and again in June and August.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Nice! It seems like with our travel schedules (215K BIS for me last year) we are bound to cross paths at some point. I'll be at LHR in ~12 days and again in June and August.
I'm sure we will catch up soon - I see ua1flyer and mr pillows quite a bit - my schedule is a bit crazy and a lot of my travel isn't on UA - so glad I saw the thread kacee started about the great fares to Budapest and Athens - turned it into a much needed holiday in early May! See you soon I'm sure!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I have been allowed into GFL when arriving as a GS in BF (only have 2-class planes out of IAH!) and connecting to SAS. Used shower and had the made-to-order brekkie. Was just a few months ago.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I have a trip to London in 2 weeks as a *Gold flying in Y - mainly interested in the food options and tarmac view, any suggestions on which of the Star Alliance lounges to visit?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I have a trip to London in 2 weeks as a *Gold flying in Y - mainly interested in the food options and tarmac view, any suggestions on which of the Star Alliance lounges to visit?
Food good all around, tarmac views not so much.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just enjoyed my 9 am hamburger in the GFL.
^ The burger is tasty. Just enjoyed one at 8AM this morning.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
^ The burger is tasty. Just enjoyed one at 8AM this morning.
They are great aren't they? Much better than anything you'll get on board - travel safe!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I think LH is best for tarmac views - not great but you see a chunk of 27R and a little bit wa couple of busy taxiways. As to food, LH shades it for breakfast and UA for lunch - even over SQ. haven't tried AC.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:27 pm

My brother and I are flying in to LHR next month from SFO. We get in early, and then have a connecting flight on British Airways elsewhere in Europe about five hours later. I'd love to be able to get a shower and some food at the United Club.

My question - Will I be able to get into T2 departures to get the Club with my BA boarding pass, even though it will be leaving from another terminal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.