Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR AirTrain to be Suspended for 75 Days Starting May 1 (Now Open as of 3 July 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
We want to make sure you're aware that Newark Airport's AirTrain service will be shut down from May 1 through July 15 for much-needed repairs.

During this closure, complimentary shuttle buses supplied by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will serve as an alternate mode of transportation between the airport and lots P2 and P3 (daily parking and rental car areas), as well as the P4 garage (including valet and hotel courtesy vans). Bus service will also be available between the airport and Newark Penn Station for customers taking rail service to and from Manhattan and other areas.

Please keep this in mind when planning your travel, and allow extra time to get to and from the airport.
For passengers on flights arriving at Terminal C (gates 70 and higher): The bus station is located between terminals B and C, and is accessible via the mid-level check-in floor. If you have no checked baggage, do not go to the baggage level. After exiting security, simply follow the orange signs.

[Someone please confirm if hotel shuttles are still at P4 during the construction.]

Related threads on events impacting EWR either now or in the near future:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1581516-guide-walking-ewr.html

Runway construction/ closure at EWR - 4L/22R closure, April 4?- June 1, some reductions til June15, and closed again Sept 20-30, 2014

Pulaski Skyway Shutdown - At least a 2 year "traffic nightmare" to Holland Tunnel
        Print Wikipost

EWR AirTrain to be Suspended for 75 Days Starting May 1 (Now Open as of 3 July 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
        I'm glad these are back. I thought that signs directing toward the temporary buses were poor and the buses were not thrillingly maintained: air conditioner leaking all over seats throughout the middle of the bus. Here's hoping the AirTrain holds up this time.
        Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
        Nice work PANYNJ!

Thanks for the update. Getting from Newark to Lower Manhattan can be a 2 hour drive if you land at the wrong time. I will just train it to Newark until the Pulaski Skyway is reopened in bound to the city, for the next 2 years....

Runways done for now
        Skytrain back on

2 out of 3 ain't bad
        Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:39 pm
        Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
        I never thought I would say this, but I was very happy to ride the AirTrain yesterday after my arrival from FRA. We did make a brief and unexpected stop between B and A but otherwise, I saw no operational issues (other than full cars and slow operating speed, which is nothing new).

I'll close this thread now as it has served its purpose. Please use the New York City Forum for any additional questions/discussion about using the AirTrain at EWR.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
        United MileagePlus Forum

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 5, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.