Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Both lounges open at 1 PM (as of 9/2/18), TSA at Terminal B is not open until 12:30 at the earliest.

SAS Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B60

Lufthansa Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B68

Both are located at satellite B3:

Going to LH or SAS lounge from various points:
From Terminal B International arrivals: walk to B3 security;
From Terminal B's United Gates: walk out of B1 security and enter B3 security;
From Terminal A: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
From Terminal C: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
(Note: there are two shuttles; only taking the shuttle to Terminal B and ask the driver to drop off at B3's LH lounge entry; not the United gates at B1).

Return to Terminal A or C: Airtrain train only.

The following was copied from west_end_NYC post.

I made my first visit trip to the EWR Termimal B Senators lounge last Friday as I had an extra hour to burn (notes: calculate your total journey time from different entry points; too risky with short layover time at EWR) before an 8:35PM flight out of Terminal C. I found the process of acccessing the lounge and getting over to Terminal C quite seamless:

- TSA at Terminal B scanned my UA paper boarding pass and reviewed my ID - no questions asked and was immediately let through.

- Note there is no TSA Pre-Check at Terminal B for the international gates so had to remove shoes, etc, and clear through the full body scanner. There was only a short line so only took ~10 minutes to clear through security.

- Proceeded to the LH lounge and showed my MP Gold card and UA BP at the check-in desk and again, no questions asked, and was invited to head into the Senators lounge to the left of the desk.

- Nice food spread including two entree choices, sandwich choices, and self-serve wine, beer and liquor with several varieties. Not quite the quality of the new Amex Centurion lounges I have visited but far better than anything available at the EWR UC, particularly noting it was all complimentary.

- The journey over to Terminal C was much easier than I anticpated and considerably faster than the 1 hour transit time referenced in earlier posts. I took the Airtrain one stop to Terminal C. Door-to-door from the LH lounge to the UC right past security took just 15 minutes (the C-3 Pre-Check line was not very long).

Notes: allow plenty of time for your return journey because time for passing security at Terminals A and C varies greatly, depending upon the time of day. Terminal A does not have a full PreCheck.

Print Wikipost

Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by transportprof
And tell us about your return to Terminal C. I presume you were able to avoid the AirTrain on that direction.
Nope, AFAIK the AirTrain is always required when traveling B>C. But PreCheck in C took literally 15 seconds.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Nope, AFAIK the AirTrain is always required when traveling B>C. But PreCheck in C took literally 15 seconds.
The bus will drop you off at B but it will nt pick up there.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The bus will drop you off at B but it will nt pick up there.
Right, that's what I was trying to convey! Not that I'm an expert, after my fumbling yesterday.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I am flying UA in J from EWR-FRA in 2.5 weeks. Any point in heading over to the LH line? Checking a bag so would have to go to GS checkin at EWR anyway. How long does it take to get from B to C by AirTrain? And the return trip. Consensus seems to be about 15-20 minutes. Is it worth it?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Is it worth it?
If you have a >3-hour layover I'd say so, as I mentioned a few posts back. The significant downside is that if there's a full flight departing from Terminal B and you're stuck behind them, as I was, the wait for security can be daunting. I think my experience was far outside the norm, but you can be sure I'll use the FlightBoard app to gauge when flights are departing next time I try it.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I have PreCheck so would hopefully be a little faster.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I have PreCheck so would hopefully be a little faster.
There's no PreCheck at EWR Terminal B. I'd take a read through the thread if I were you. Sums up the downsides of such an excursion nicely.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
There's no PreCheck at EWR Terminal B. I'd take a read through the thread if I were you. Sums up the downsides of such an excursion nicely.
There is a bus from C to the proper area f B ... so you can use the Pre line at C and get to B., You do have to exit the secure area and reclear after your visit as there is no bus back to C (or A) from B.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
There is a bus from C to the proper area f B ... so you can use the Pre line at C and get to B., You do have to exit the secure area and reclear after your visit as there is no bus back to C (or A) from B.
But as mentioned in the thread above, there's no guarantee the C>B bus dragon will let you on.

I feel like we had this discussion in mid-December.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Please refer to Wiki on this thread that I just added. Most of your questions are answered there. Enjoy the trip to LH/SAS lounge.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:42 am

What's your experience wrt. needing actual plastic Gold card (vs using boarding pass or virtual card in the phone app)?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:13 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
I beleive the lounge opens at 1:30pm but the C>B bus does not stop there until 2:30pm. If you need to clear security at B-3 try go through after the El Al flight has boarded. There is a slow time for that concourse between El Al's flight and the Europe flights around 4:00pm.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by br2k
What's your experience wrt. needing actual plastic Gold card (vs using boarding pass or virtual card in the phone app)?
I'm *A and use my e boarding pass whenever using the Lounge in FRA, I would assume it would work in the US as well? (I also carry my UA *A card along with my UC card just in case--but have yet to have to produce it.)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by mauld
I'm *A and use my e boarding pass whenever using the Lounge in FRA, I would assume it would work in the US as well? (I also carry my UA *A card along with my UC card just in case--but have yet to have to produce it.)
LH lounge agents are notorious for asking for the physical *G card but in my experience, the EWR LH lounge does not ask for the card, just your boarding pass.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:38 pm

UA still have not sent me a card this year (and by the looks of it - never will). So, got to use something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.