Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Both lounges open at 1 PM (as of 9/2/18), TSA at Terminal B is not open until 12:30 at the earliest.

SAS Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B60

Lufthansa Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B68

Both are located at satellite B3:

Going to LH or SAS lounge from various points:
From Terminal B International arrivals: walk to B3 security;
From Terminal B's United Gates: walk out of B1 security and enter B3 security;
From Terminal A: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
From Terminal C: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
(Note: there are two shuttles; only taking the shuttle to Terminal B and ask the driver to drop off at B3's LH lounge entry; not the United gates at B1).

Return to Terminal A or C: Airtrain train only.

The following was copied from west_end_NYC post.

I made my first visit trip to the EWR Termimal B Senators lounge last Friday as I had an extra hour to burn (notes: calculate your total journey time from different entry points; too risky with short layover time at EWR) before an 8:35PM flight out of Terminal C. I found the process of acccessing the lounge and getting over to Terminal C quite seamless:

- TSA at Terminal B scanned my UA paper boarding pass and reviewed my ID - no questions asked and was immediately let through.

- Note there is no TSA Pre-Check at Terminal B for the international gates so had to remove shoes, etc, and clear through the full body scanner. There was only a short line so only took ~10 minutes to clear through security.

- Proceeded to the LH lounge and showed my MP Gold card and UA BP at the check-in desk and again, no questions asked, and was invited to head into the Senators lounge to the left of the desk.

- Nice food spread including two entree choices, sandwich choices, and self-serve wine, beer and liquor with several varieties. Not quite the quality of the new Amex Centurion lounges I have visited but far better than anything available at the EWR UC, particularly noting it was all complimentary.

- The journey over to Terminal C was much easier than I anticpated and considerably faster than the 1 hour transit time referenced in earlier posts. I took the Airtrain one stop to Terminal C. Door-to-door from the LH lounge to the UC right past security took just 15 minutes (the C-3 Pre-Check line was not very long).

Notes: allow plenty of time for your return journey because time for passing security at Terminals A and C varies greatly, depending upon the time of day. Terminal A does not have a full PreCheck.

Print Wikipost

Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Allow time to reenter security....which is a task in itself at EWR
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:27 am

Incoming LH F to domestic UA F. Long connection (5 hours), any chance based on the star alliance access rules (I'm not star gold) that I can enter the LH lounge?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Incoming LH F to domestic UA F. Long connection (5 hours), any chance based on the star alliance access rules (I'm not star gold) that I can enter the LH lounge?
Not under *A rules, but LH rules will allow you access to the SEN lounge with an arriving BP in F.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:32 am

Hmm, is that an LH rule?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Yes, please see here (second column, first row): http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Hmm, is that an LH rule?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:07 pm

Hello all, The LH / SAS lounges appear to NOT have showers.
Is there any lounge with a shower in EWR? (pax flying UA Polaris in a couple of weeks..long layover).
I dont think the Polaris lounge at EWR has opened yet.

The UA lounge that had showers is now closed as it is being rebuilt as the Polaris lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello all, The LH / SAS lounges appear to NOT have showers.
Is there any lounge with a shower in EWR? (pax flying UA Polaris in a couple of weeks..long layover).
I dont think the Polaris lounge at EWR has opened yet.

The UA lounge that had showers is now closed as it is being rebuilt as the Polaris lounge.
Same question - anywhere I can shower at EWR? It's 9:30am and I have 2.5 hours before my flight. GS flying international in Y (although I think there's an 60% chance I'll be in J in the next 2 hours but probably not early enough to use if I need for access). I've been flying for 20 hours, 14 more to go and I think for those around me, a shower is a good idea.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
Same question - anywhere I can shower at EWR? It's 9:30am and I have 2.5 hours before my flight. GS flying international in Y (although I think there's an 60% chance I'll be in J in the next 2 hours but probably not early enough to use if I need for access). I've been flying for 20 hours, 14 more to go and I think for those around me, a shower is a good idea.
Unfortunately the answer is "NO" shower access through the Star alliance system. I believe Virgin club has showers...but you will not get access.
The EWR situation is absolutely pathetic in this aspect...considering its a major UA hub.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Can I use LH lounge in EWR?

Flying PIT-EWR-CDG on Friday, with a near 9 hour layover in EWR. Is it possible to access the LH lounge? If it requires going through security twice, it's probably worth it with so much time. If not, is UA lounge the only option?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Flying PIT-EWR-CDG on Friday, with a near 9 hour layover in EWR. Is it possible to access the LH lounge? If it requires going through security twice, it's probably worth it with so much time. If not, is UA lounge the only option?
There should be a consolidated thread for this, but:

Yes, you can use the LH lounge as a *G and you'll have access to the marginally better Senator section. If your PIT flight lands in Terminal C, then you can hop on the bus at gate 71 and ask to be dropped of at B3 so you won't have to clear security again until you get back to C.

If you land in A, you'll need to clear security at B which can be a slow and annoying process. Given the state of the clubs in C, if you're determined to stay at the airport, the LH lounge is your best option (or SAS next door if you get bored). With 9 hours, you're honestly better off heading to the city, though.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Search EWR LH lounge. There is a thread on this topics. You only need to go through security once; after you go back to uA gates. You can take a shuttle to Terminal B to visit the LH lounge.
Have fun.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
There should be a consolidated thread for this, but:

Yes, you can use the LH lounge as a *G and you'll have access to the marginally better Senator section. If your PIT flight lands in Terminal C, then you can hop on the bus at gate 71 and ask to be dropped of at B3 so you won't have to clear security again until you get back to C.

If you land in A, you'll need to clear security at B which can be a slow and annoying process. Given the state of the clubs in C, if you're determined to stay at the airport, the LH lounge is your best option (or SAS next door if you get bored). With 9 hours, you're honestly better off heading to the city, though.
Unfortunately I need that time to work, so that's why I was hoping for best lounge access during that time. Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Unfortunately I need that time to work, so that's why I was hoping for best lounge access during that time. Thanks!
But at what time are you arriving in EWR? Check that the LH Lounge is open when you arrive.

Last time I was there it opened at 1:30 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
But at what time are you arriving in EWR? Check that the LH Lounge is open when you arrive.

Last time I was there it opened at 1:30 PM.
I just noticed that as well. We arrive at 9:40am (leaving again at 6:30pm), so it looks like UC until then (unless we come into A and AC is better?).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I just noticed that as well. We arrive at 9:40am (leaving again at 6:30pm), so it looks like UC until then (unless we come into A and AC is better?).
If you arrive in A, the UC in A is quite good for your wait until the LH Lounge opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.