Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
San Francisco United Arrivals Lounge closure
Due to airport construction, the United Arrivals Lounge at San Francisco will close on December 1, 2019, at 12 p.m. If you’re traveling in United Polaris® business class on a long-haul international flight and have an eligible same-day ticket, you can visit the United Polaris lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. See our access policy and list of lounge locations for more information.

United Arrivals Lounge: 12 showers, decent breakfast, but only open to inbound international GlobalFirst or BusinessFirst premium passengers in the morning:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...ls-lounge-sfo/
Our Arrivals Lounge in San Francisco, located in Terminal 3 on the baggage level, is a retreat where United Polaris first and business class customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Customers may not bring guests into the arrivals lounge/
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Outside of security
Accessing from the International Terminal
Originally Posted by Kacee
The foolproof instructions are "head towards UA baggage claim in T3 on the ground level and it's on your left."

It's quicker if you take the "connections" exit from customs, but either way works.
Alternatives
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Aieside in International G terminal

Amex Centurion Lounge: one shower (possible wait), complimentary access for Centurion and Plat Amex cardholders, $50 for all other Amex cardmembers:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/the...on-lounge-sfo/ -airside

Freshen Up. Paid facility. Landside, International Terminal.
Freshen Up
Thread talking about Freshen Up
Outside of security

Closed lounges
Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge: two basic showers, but only open to departing international passengers holding Star Gold status or traveling in a premium class of service:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...is-lounge-sfo/

United Global First lounge - Closed as GFL/IFL nut available for premium cabin partner international / UA Polaris long-haul SFO departure passenger while the UA Polaris lounge is under construction.
Print Wikipost

SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does business class from MEX count? I’ll be continuing on to PVG in Polaris but have a five hour connection and may want a shower.

MEX is considered as domestic for the purpose of lounge access. So, no.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Does business class from MEX count? ....
No, arrival needs to be marketed as Polaris Business or First. You will have access to the old IFL which is now used as a Premium / Polaris Long Haul departure lounge.

Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Incorrect, USA-Mexico is considered as international and would qualify for UC access as such, just not Arrivals Lounge
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Does business class from MEX count? I’ll be continuing on to PVG in Polaris but have a five hour connection and may want a shower.
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Since the former Global First lounge is now being used as the Departing J Class / Polaris Lounge, and it formerly had showers, that may be an option?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
The former Global First Lounge no longer has showers.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
UA Arrivals Lounge is only available in the morning?

I'm looking at a TATL in J which arrives in SFO around 16:30. I'm thinking if I could hang out there, maybe even shower, then I could head to the South Bay after the rush hour is over.

But I'd also need a place to store my reclaimed and carryon baggage.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
UA Arrivals Lounge is only available in the morning?

I'm looking at a TATL in J which arrives in SFO around 16:30. I'm thinking if I could hang out there, maybe even shower, then I could head to the South Bay after the rush hour is over.

But I'd also need a place to store my reclaimed and carryon baggage.
The UA Arrivals Lounge is only available in the morning.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
If you're continuing on in Polaris, take a shower in the Polaris Lounge. The showers are lovely.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA Arrivals Lounge is only available in the morning? ...
admission hours Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

.... But I'd also need a place to store my reclaimed and carryon baggage.
street side bag store @ SFO Open Everyday 6am – 11 pm
Before security, on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kannai
If you're continuing on in Polaris, take a shower in the Polaris Lounge. The showers are lovely.
SFO would be the final arrival destination per the other poster, so no go for the PL or any other UA lounges at the time of arrival.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So it's basically for people arriving on a TPAC flight because all the TATL flights arrive in the afternoon or later.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
So it's basically for people arriving on a TPAC flight because all the TATL flights arrive in the afternoon or later.
Tel Aviv is an exception, but otherwise, yes.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No it's for passengers arriving in the morning before hotel check-in.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Tel Aviv is an exception, but otherwise, yes.
So if I arrive from TLV and my next flight is domestic. Would you recommend this lounge?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
So if I arrive from TLV and my next flight is domestic. Would you recommend this lounge?
It is great if you want breakfast and a shower. If you want a drink, you can use the Polaris Lounge because you are arriving in business class.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It's a personal preference, but the Polaris showers are pretty horrible - lack of ventilation, no individual temperature controls, and the breakfast spread in the IAL is actually much better than what is served in Polaris.

IAL shower rooms are spacious, very bright, have individual temperature controls (for people like me who want the room ice cold). I prefer to clean up and have breakfast in the IAL, then go to Polaris and sit downstairs quietly with some tea before moving on to my connection, as that area is the least crowded and the quietest lounge space in the UA terminals. Alternatively, if you have pre-check, just stay in the IAL until 45 mins before your connection if you arrive during the quiet period (after the initial early morning rush).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.