Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
San Francisco United Arrivals Lounge closure
Due to airport construction, the United Arrivals Lounge at San Francisco will close on December 1, 2019, at 12 p.m. If you’re traveling in United Polaris® business class on a long-haul international flight and have an eligible same-day ticket, you can visit the United Polaris lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. See our access policy and list of lounge locations for more information.

United Arrivals Lounge: 12 showers, decent breakfast, but only open to inbound international GlobalFirst or BusinessFirst premium passengers in the morning:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...ls-lounge-sfo/
Our Arrivals Lounge in San Francisco, located in Terminal 3 on the baggage level, is a retreat where United Polaris first and business class customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy breakfast and use our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Customers may not bring guests into the arrivals lounge/
Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Outside of security
Accessing from the International Terminal
Originally Posted by Kacee
The foolproof instructions are "head towards UA baggage claim in T3 on the ground level and it's on your left."

It's quicker if you take the "connections" exit from customs, but either way works.
Alternatives
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Aieside in International G terminal

Amex Centurion Lounge: one shower (possible wait), complimentary access for Centurion and Plat Amex cardholders, $50 for all other Amex cardmembers:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/the...on-lounge-sfo/ -airside

Freshen Up. Paid facility. Landside, International Terminal.
Freshen Up
Thread talking about Freshen Up
Outside of security

Closed lounges
Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge: two basic showers, but only open to departing international passengers holding Star Gold status or traveling in a premium class of service:
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...is-lounge-sfo/

United Global First lounge - Closed as GFL/IFL nut available for premium cabin partner international / UA Polaris long-haul SFO departure passenger while the UA Polaris lounge is under construction.
Print Wikipost

SFO Arrivals Lounge - closing 1 Dec 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Just flew the SYD-SFO on April 5th, end up landing at 7:14 or so.
Breezed through security with global entry and my mate was pretty quick without global entry as well.

Waited for my second piece of check-in luggage for a good 15 minutes after the first piece, the by time I got out and to the arrival was around 8:02 am and there were already two pax inside having breakfast snacks. I presume they're from TPE since I saw flight on the luggage carousel display.
So perhaps they do open before 8am?

Asked for a shower and the very nice gentlemen already had the "eco-bag" ready and explained that the amenities in the bag.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by docbert
Yup. Bad move by United that will almost certainly have me flying QF the next time I go to Australia 10:30am departure (too early to make connections from interstate flights within Australia), and 7am arrival into SFO.
Definitely a bummer having earlier departures now.

Originally Posted by smfnrt
Just flew the SYD-SFO on April 5th, end up landing at 7:14 or so.
Breezed through security with global entry and my mate was pretty quick without global entry as well.

Waited for my second piece of check-in luggage for a good 15 minutes after the first piece, the by time I got out and to the arrival was around 8:02 am and there were already two pax inside having breakfast snacks. I presume they're from TPE since I saw flight on the luggage carousel display.
So perhaps they do open before 8am?

Asked for a shower and the very nice gentlemen already had the "eco-bag" ready and explained that the amenities in the bag.
Good news. Thanks for the update!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Landed from SYD a couple of minutes after 7 am - through customs and immigration by 7:20 thanks to Global Entry (this included rechecking a bag to YVR).

Lounge locked tight at 7:25 a.m. Waited in the corridor until 7:55 a.m. when I was let in "early" and told to wait for the dragon to arrive and verify my access. About half a dozen pax were waiting by that time.

Another imbecility of United's big bureaucracy - failure to adjust hours of the arrivals lounge with the actual schedule of flights.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was in the Arrivals Lounge this morning, and asked about opening times specifically regarding the new Sydney flight timing.

The lady at the counter didn't seem to know what I was talking about regarding the Sydney flights and she was surprised they were now arriving before 7am.

She did however say that although their opening time was still 8am, they "had an exception" for the days that the TLV flights were running, and would be opening at 6am on those days - which would be Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.

So if you're coming in from SYD on those days, you're good. Otherwise I guess not at the moment...
Old May 21, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Am I correct that I cannot use the arrivals lounge if I have a United Club membership but am flying economy? Thanks.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
Am I correct that I cannot use the arrivals lounge if I have a United Club membership but am flying economy? Thanks.
Correct. Arrivals Lounge has no affiliation whatsoever with the UC.

Admission is for incoming Global First and Business First customers.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Correct. Arrivals Lounge has no affiliation whatsoever with the UC.

Admission is for incoming Global First and Business First customers.
Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
For what it's worth, the agent at the Arrivals Lounge told me this morning that there are no changes planned when Polaris is introduced and GF goes away. It will still be there for arriving international J pax and GS on any fare.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by wxguy
For what it's worth, the agent at the Arrivals Lounge told me this morning that there are no changes planned when Polaris is introduced and GF goes away. It will still be there for arriving international J pax and GS on any fare.
OK, that sounds like the current policy. Any idea what the changes might be?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by uanj
OK, that sounds like the current policy. Any idea what the changes might be?
wxguy stated that "no changes" are planned when Polaris launches. So the change that might be is no change!

As someone who stood outside the locked SFO Arrivals lounge for an hour bright and early after arriving from Sydney earlier this year, because United couldn't be bothered to change the lounge's opening hours to match the schedule of its arriving TPAC flights (SYD moved up after the time changes in April), I think that "no change" is a pretty safe bet.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
As someone who stood outside the locked SFO Arrivals lounge for an hour bright and early after arriving from Sydney earlier this year, because United couldn't be bothered to change the lounge's opening hours to match the schedule of its arriving TPAC flights (SYD moved up after the time changes in April), I think that "no change" is a pretty safe bet.
On the positive side, when I was in there recently the breakfast spread was pretty decent, including several hot items. Plus drinkable coffee now.

They really need to open it up for that SYD arrival though!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
On the positive side, when I was in there recently the breakfast spread was pretty decent, including several hot items. Plus drinkable coffee now.

They really need to open it up for that SYD arrival though!
I should be using it tomorrow morning, and will have SYD arrival in a few weeks, will ask if they've got it sorted yet for Oz arrivals...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I should be using it tomorrow morning, and will have SYD arrival in a few weeks, will ask if they've got it sorted yet for Oz arrivals...
The TLV flight goes daily from October (except for a few day like Yom Kippur), and they were opening the arrivals lounge early on days that those flights were flying, so...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
The TLV flight goes daily from October (except for a few day like Yom Kippur), and they were opening the arrivals lounge early on days that those flights were flying, so...
I wonder if the SFO Arrivals Lounge will actually open later on Yom Kippur, or whether once the Oct. change for TLV kicks in, the lounge will just open earlier every day and it will be very quiet there early on Yom Kippur?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:02 pm

The following page states that the opening hour is from 6:30am daily:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

Is the information obsolete ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.