Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/Star Business Deals to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
it's bookable out of HPN if you'd rather do that than BDL
Yeah tried it...crap single cabin RJ to ORD and a 5 hour layover each way...no thanks. BDL a bit better overall for me.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is anyone still booking these? I am wondering if the fare was pulled completely or on certain routes. I pulled up my reservations in the GDS and ran a $B quote and the price more than doubled - luckily I have my original fare stored and could ignore the query.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Is anyone still booking these? I am wondering if the fare was pulled completely or on certain routes. I pulled up my reservations in the GDS and ran a $B quote and the price more than doubled - luckily I have my original fare stored and could ignore the query.
Fare was updated to be the "correct" $1250 base each way rather than $250. It is dead.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Fare was updated to be the "correct" $1250 base each way rather than $250. It is dead.
So was this a mistake fare or a ST/DL match, as has been suggested?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The fares are gone ex-Hawaii. They're now generally $2500 higher, r.t.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Those more knowledgeable than I should chime in, but it appears to be a mistake fare that originated on DL, and then somehow there was an automatic (?) match in UA's system, but it took UA longer to realize what was up. But yeah, base fare changing from $250 to $1250 seems clearly to be a mistake fare. It does seem to be gone. A less-than-24-hour wonder.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Those more knowledgeable than I should chime in, but it appears to be a mistake fare that originated on DL, and then somehow there was an automatic (?) match in UA's system, but it took UA longer to realize what was up. But yeah, base fare changing from $250 to $1250 seems clearly to be a mistake fare. It does seem to be gone. A less-than-24-hour wonder.
From the Mileage Run forum:

Originally Posted by nickab
I like this theory, even though it's speculation. One clarification though -- it was actually all of the European Star Alliance. I saw the same $500 r/t base fare filed by AC, LH, LX, UA, OS, and SN.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by mdobbins
I was able to book three of them this morning from IND to (1) AMS, (2) CDG, and (3) FCO. All were between $1470 and $1560 ai. Looks like I'm going to be spending quality time in Europe this summer!
I got the same three cities, all from HNL:

1. HNL-EWR-AMS-IAD-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.057/PQM
2. HNL-EWR-FCO-IAD-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.053/PQM
3. HNL-EWR-CDG-SFO-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.062/PQM

Again, much thanks to the OPs: mattp1987 and MusicLoverInGA in this forum and 355F1 over in the MR forum ^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was able just now to ticket the itinerary I reserved last night. So if it is a mistake, UA is nonetheless still honoring reserved but not yet ticketed itineraries.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I got the same three cities, all from HNL:

1. HNL-EWR-AMS-IAD-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.057/PQM
2. HNL-EWR-FCO-IAD-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.053/PQM
3. HNL-EWR-CDG-SFO-HNL, all lie-flat, $0.062/PQM

Again, much thanks to the OPs: mattp1987 and MusicLoverInGA in this forum and 355F1 over in the MR forum ^
The thought to try to book roundtrips from HNL fleetingly crossed my mind, but the positioning flights to HNL would have been more expensive than the business fares to Europe!

I second the ^ to mattp1987, MusicLoverInGA and 355F1!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was able just now to ticket the itinerary I reserved last night. So if it is a mistake, UA is nonetheless still honoring reserved but not yet ticketed itineraries.
I too just ticketed mine that I held last night. BPT-AMS and then BPT-CDG. Might even have to write a TR on the BPT-IAH segment on the UX bus service
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Kacee
I have a fare lock on my itinerary still, no issues.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yeah tried it...crap single cabin RJ to ORD and a 5 hour layover each way...no thanks. BDL a bit better overall for me.
I booked the one with the whole day in ORD on the outbound since my girlfriend and I have friends there, although I have the pleasure of the E145 torture tube to make the 4-across middle section of the 777 feel more luxurious. On the return, I have CDG-EWR-ORD-HPN. I hope I make that connection in EWR to the ORD flight...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:09 pm

A match to what? Delta didn't have much published at that price at all, really. And definitely not for long.

The base was $250. Now it is in the $1200-1350 range. Maybe they did it on purpose, but I certainly don't think it was meant to last a long time. And typically if you're having a sale on purpose you have marketing to go with it. United has each of the prior years when similar offers were made. This one had none.

I've heard one report that this was on purpose. I'm not so sure I believe it.
Originally Posted by Bonehead
From the Mileage Run forum:
UA is responsible for filing fares starting on this side of the Atlantic for all members of the A++ ATI group. That's whey they all show the same fares all the time.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle

UA is responsible for filing fares starting on this side of the Atlantic for all members of the A++ ATI group. That's whey they all show the same fares all the time.
Interesting. Obviously, I knew something like this was going on, but cool to know the specifics
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
These fares are going to kill my GPU chances for a trip to AMS in July… I've got to come up with a creative routing that will up my odds (maybe through LHR or FRA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.