Dual FF programs on UA booking

Old Mar 28, 14, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, AA CK
Dual FF programs on UA booking

Hi

Quick question for you experts. I'm Star Alliance Gold but just relocated to the US and have signed up for a MP account as better to start earning miles on that program as opposed to my Air New Zealand account considering my location.

In my UA MP profile I have both FF numbers. Question is does this default to MP account for miles accrual but also give me Premier Access using my SA Gold account?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 14, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ *E
I wonder the same thing -- it would be nice to be able to sign-in to the United mobile app and see all my bookings while still using my NZ status
Old Mar 28, 14, 3:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZiggyNZ View Post
Hi

Quick question for you experts. I'm Star Alliance Gold but just relocated to the US and have signed up for a MP account as better to start earning miles on that program as opposed to my Air New Zealand account considering my location.

In my UA MP profile I have both FF numbers. Question is does this default to MP account for miles accrual but also give me Premier Access using my SA Gold account?

Thanks
Default is everything on the UAMP number, so no premier access. But if you enter your *G number and print out boarding passes which will say "Premier Access" on them, you can then proceed to change it back to your UAMP number, and miles will credit to UAMP. I never check bags so I don't know if you'd encounter an issue here. Unless you have the physical card, they will insist to change it to your NZ number to allow you into the lounge, but will change it back upon request.
Old Mar 28, 14, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Unless you specify at each reservation, it should default to UA MP number
Old Mar 28, 14, 3:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by samjnz View Post
I wonder the same thing -- it would be nice to be able to sign-in to the United mobile app and see all my bookings while still using my NZ status
Just click "View Reservation" under "My Account" on the United app and on the bottom, check "Save to home screen." Also, if your reservation at any point becomes associated with your MP number, it will display in your United app forever, even if you change the FF number afterward.
Old Mar 28, 14, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, A3-Gold, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Gold
There's no want to accrue miles in MP and use status of another program. The best work around would be to have your NZ number in the reservation, then after checking in and airside, change your FF account online to your MP account online. I've done this for using MP status and crediting to A3.
Old Mar 29, 14, 12:10 pm

In my experience you can change your FF number as late as the next day and whatever number is on the reservation when the miles post is the program the miles will post to. This has happened to me using my UA/TK numbers in the past.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: