Search

FareLock Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA*G, former BD*LG :-(
FareLock Schedule Change

Hi All,

I have a itinerary FareLock-ed but the schedule has changed to a "too-close-for-comfort" 18min connection in EWR on a MEL-LAX-EWR-DUB flight. Any delay would probably mean 24hrs in EWR... so I'm trying to work out my options:

1) Let the FareLock lapse and just book a better schedule
2) Buy the ticket and ask UA if I can get a better connection from LAX (or SFO)?

Option 1) is the most appealling/least hassle but the locked fare was at quite a good price. Option 2) sounds unlikely to work as website appears to want me to "accept the schedule change" therefore voiding any rights to a reroute + I can't really see any options anyway.

I usually do MEL-LAX/SFO-LHR so will probably go back to that and I'm happy to write-off the $10 but interested in what my options are....

Mods: Apologies I'm sure there is a farelock thread but I can't find it.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Book it. You don't have to accept the schedule change, and can call in with better options.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by netd
Hi All,

I have a itinerary FareLock-ed but the schedule has changed to a "too-close-for-comfort" 18min connection in EWR on a MEL-LAX-EWR-DUB flight. Any delay would probably mean 24hrs in EWR... so I'm trying to work out my options:

1) Let the FareLock lapse and just book a better schedule
2) Buy the ticket and ask UA if I can get a better connection from LAX (or SFO)?

Option 1) is the most appealling/least hassle but the locked fare was at quite a good price. Option 2) sounds unlikely to work as website appears to want me to "accept the schedule change" therefore voiding any rights to a reroute + I can't really see any options anyway.

I usually do MEL-LAX/SFO-LHR so will probably go back to that and I'm happy to write-off the $10 but interested in what my options are....

Mods: Apologies I'm sure there is a farelock thread but I can't find it.
Book it. You can't get locked into an illegal connection like that. It's just as if you had already bought the ticket. That's the whole point of Farelock. You paid to hold that fare. UA will reaccommodate you on a legal itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.