FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United's website not showing recent activity (recurring bug) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1559656-uniteds-website-not-showing-recent-activity-recurring-bug.html)

DELee Mar 10, 2012 2:53 pm

MileagePlus Activity Since My Last Statement: Working or Broken?

Maybe its just me but I don't quite get the logic of the new "MP Activity Since My Last Statement".

Here's what I see (or what I saw on 03/07/12 - no change as of this posting):

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...ff/acctsum.png

(Yeah, I know that my MSY-LAX flight from 03/04/12 still hasn't posted but I'll wait for a few more days - that's not the point though.)

Questions:
  1. Why is activity from 12/31/2011 posted in this "since my last statement"? Shouldn't it be posted in the 01/01/2011 -12/31/2011 statement?
  2. Since the UA Migrated Premier Miles and UA Migrated Premier Segments show up here as "Airline Activity", does this really mean that my 2011 "Premier Qualifying" activity is used to calculate my 2012 elite level?
  3. If this is really activity "since my last statement", assuming the 02/06/2012 date means something, then why isn't my activity both airline and non-airline between 02/06/2012 and 03/07/2012 showing on this summary?

David

DELee Mar 11, 2012 12:19 am

Broken: Now no "recent activity"

Wow. What a difference a few hours makes. Now I'm nada for nada over the past few days...

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...noactivity.png

Should I keep waiting? Time to call? Arrrgggh!

David

p.s. You may want to check your activity page...I didn't think that things could continue to get worse.

UA-NYC Feb 16, 2014 8:37 am

Can you click any of these links?

Here's a weird one - none of the fields in the "most recent account activity" box (in My Account) are clickable...not "view activity since my last statement", not the drop down Mileage Plus Statements field, not "transfer miles to friends or family". And now that I look at it, I can't click on anything in My Travel Options nor TravelBack (I CAN click on fields in "Premier status qualification information" and "My reservations").

What's weird is that I manage our extended family's accounts, and one other has the same issue, but four others have NO issues whatsoever in clicking links. Note I have the same issue in both IE as well as Chrome, so it's not a browser issue.

Anyone else w/the same issues?

iluv2fly Feb 16, 2014 9:24 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 22358290)
Here's a weird one - none of the fields in the "most recent account activity" box (in My Account) are clickable...not "view activity since my last statement", not the drop down Mileage Plus Statements field, not "transfer miles to friends or family". And now that I look at it, I can't click on anything in My Travel Options nor TravelBack (I CAN click on fields in "Premier status qualification information" and "My reservations").

What's weird is that I manage our extended family's accounts, and one other has the same issue, but four others have NO issues whatsoever in clicking links. Note I have the same issue in both IE as well as Chrome, so it's not a browser issue.

Anyone else w/the same issues?

Same exact experience on my work computer (also manage others' accounts). It works on my laptop, however.

mahasamatman Feb 16, 2014 9:43 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 22358503)
(also manage others' accounts)

Be careful - you do realize this is a violation of MP rules, right?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-misuse-4.html

iluv2fly Feb 16, 2014 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 22358584)

Not to go off-topic, but I ensure that miles are posted and upgrades are properly deposited/redeemed. Perhaps "manage" is not the right word here. No financial gain or benefit whatsoever.

UA-NYC Feb 16, 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 22358584)

I'm well aware too - we're all related, and it's not like I'm taking all their upgrades/miles and upgrading myself & booking mass award tickets or anything. And three of us are MMs and have the other three as our companions.

That thread points to a very different type of "management"

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 22358598)
Not to go off-topic, but I ensure that miles are posted and upgrades are properly deposited/redeemed. Perhaps "manage" is not the right word here. No financial gain or benefit whatsoever.

This :-: - maybe "monitor" is the better word :D

And back to my OP - I shot UAI a note about the issue, will report back with any update.

I do remember finding an end-around path on the site to be able to see my activity, but now I'm clicking all the drop-down links and can't seem to find it...

dulcamara Mar 11, 2014 11:37 pm

United's website not showing recent activity (recurring bug)

As of this morning (Denmark time) .bomb says I "have no recent activity".
The numbers for my account are correct saving for a missing Brussels Air flight. Only the recent activity screen has the error.

Anyone else getting this?

edcho Mar 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by dulcamara (Post 22507893)
The numbers for my account are correct saving for a missing Brussels Air flight. Only the recent activity screen has the error.

I am showing this as well -- probably a glitch. Try again in a few hours :).

WineCountryUA Mar 12, 2014 12:02 am

.... Anyone else getting this?

It happens a times. Happened to me last week and again tonight.

One case where this happens is when generating an archive statement. UA was doing this quarterly last year and monthly in 2012. Not sure if this is a precursor this time or just a glitch as reports have speculated.

davidviolin Mar 12, 2014 12:58 am

Same here. No recent activity.

Kacee Mar 12, 2014 1:05 am

I get this all the time. It fixes itself relatively quickly.

davidviolin Mar 12, 2014 1:06 am

Hasnt happened to me on Delta.com... hmm...

mdobbins Mar 12, 2014 2:36 am

Originally Posted by davidviolin (Post 22508104)

You can see your United activity on delta.com? How cool is that :cool: ?!

:D

LaserSailor Mar 12, 2014 2:54 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins (Post 22508341)

Nice parry and skewer....:D

It's like clockwork every quarter, your account reverts to last quarter activity for a few hours, but mileage total is correct.

Only on FT do people check their balances hourly.....

LilAbner Mar 12, 2014 3:41 am

Originally Posted by LaserSailor (Post 22508383)

Only on FT do people check their balances hourly.....

It was actually 1 hour, 38 minutes, and 59 seconds ago that this "You have not earned or used miles recently." appeared! :(

Same thing happened about 2:18 (& 13 seconds) a.m. last week on a weekday.

Added --- It's back up and working properly as of 4 mins and 43 secs ago!
I can now go back to bed!!

Naw, I lied --- Got a MR today and headed to LAS as we speak!!!

LaserSailor Mar 12, 2014 5:40 am

Originally Posted by mdobbins (Post 22508341)

Soon all airlines will be tAACO DeLl

bmvaughn Mar 12, 2014 7:31 am

Happens often when you're on the website after your cookie expires. Logout, login. Issue fixed (usually).

Right now it appears to be a larger system-wide issue.

ZZYZXROAD Mar 12, 2014 8:29 am

There is definitely a problem with the website.

Kacee Mar 12, 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD (Post 22509489)

There has been a "problem" with the website for about two years now. The manifestations vary. This is a really minor one.

bob_the_d Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am

yeah i'm noticing that the recent activity is showing up empty. it does happen on occasion i noticed, don't worry, it'll show up in a couple hours or so. it's definitely a recurring glitch that's annoying, but data doesn't get lost or anything, just the website display barfing on itself i presume.

Originally Posted by davidviolin (Post 22508104)

little OT but i actually just logged onto my delta account just now coincidentally because i'm about to book a DL flight ($700 OW CLT-EWR on UA versus $286 OW CLT-LGA on DL... really? and SPG crossover, woo hoo!) and i just went onto the "my profile" page and holy crap, it's like someone vomited boxes all over my screen. i haven't used delta in a year and i guess i forgot what the site was like, but i never thought i'd say that UA's dated "my account" page is far less of a visual headache than DL's. it's like someone decided that every little link required some sort of stock photo behind it for every little thing.

goalie Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD (Post 22509489)

Just one? ;) (and yup, not showing for me as well)

TonyBurr Mar 12, 2014 11:47 am

Another one of Jeff's "a change you will like"? Will he charge us to call in and ask our history ?

Mollyann500 Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Having the same problem on both of our accounts...."no recent activity"but have had several recent flights and cc miles post last week.

kevinsac Mar 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Recent MP activity on .bomb

Repeat the mantra of masses: I hate UAL.com

I have logged on to .bomb, trying to check if recent flights have posted to my account. Sounds reasonable, right?

When I log in, click on "my account", it brings up:
Kevinsac
Acct number UA123456
Star Alliance Gold
Mileage balance 1,989,333
Mileage expiration 9/30/2015

Premier status qualification information
YTD Premier qualifying miles: 11,380
YTD Premier qualifying segments: 6.5
YTD Premier qualifying dollars: $8,211
4 flight segment minimum: 4 of 4
Lifetime flight miles: 1,911,172

Regional Premier Upgrades: 4
4 Regional Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 1/31/2015
Global Premier Upgrades: 7
1 Global Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 4/30/2014
6 Global Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 1/31/2015
But when I click on "View Recent Activity Since Last Statement" (the last statement date was 12/31/13 ... so all of the above YTD should show up, each flight itemized, right???) it says:
You have no activity for this period
I have been trying to do this for days. I simply want to check on each individual flight: was it properly credited, what dollar amounts were credited, did I earn the COS bonus, etc.

So, I call tech support. Their number is no longer published; it is considered private. :rolleyes: But 1K can transfer my call to them.

After spending 15 minutes trying to explain what I need -- not real difficult, IMHO -- I am told the new (improved???) process at United is that:

1. Statements are issued once a quarter.
2. Thus, effective 2014, the individual listing of flights will not be posted to .bom and "my account" until the end of each quarter. Therefore, I (and every other MP member) need to wait until early- to mid-April before I can check the accuracy of the account.

Is this correct or is this BS? :mad: I'd like to HUCA ... but considering the time wasted to get this answer, I'd like not to waste more time on something that (I think) used to be readily available on .bom and still should be.

Thoughts?

fdflys Mar 12, 2014 2:17 pm

This just happened today. I just returned from a trip. I checked yesterday and saw the outbound flights credited. I got the email about the March statement (thought that was strange since March is not even half over) and clicked through to see info about the new Chengdu flights. I decided to log in and see if the return flight had posted and got a message saying I had no activity for this period. The drop down calendar now ends 12/31/2013. I thought the site was having issues. Now it sounds like they have made another bad customer service. This is totally unnecessary and unhelpful.

steppie Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by fdflys (Post 22511704)
This just happened today. I just returned from a trip. I checked yesterday and saw the outbound flights credited. I got the email about the March statement (thought that was strange since March is not even half over) and clicked through to see info about the new Chengdu flights. I decided to log in and see if the return flight had posted and got a message saying I had no activity for this period. The drop down calendar now ends 12/31/2013. I thought the site was having issues. Now it sounds like they have made another bad customer service. This is totally unnecessary and unhelpful.

just checked mine........same thing, thought it was a fluke and would check it again. ugh!!

mmack Mar 12, 2014 2:28 pm

What the heck?

My Account activity was in my file at UA last week: checking now there's no record of our flights in Jan and Feb 2014???

This is terrible, and a massive de-grade in terms of customer care. What happens on the day of (ha ha ha) April 1st, when suddenly everyone's account for the last three months is posted?

Thousands of customer service calls to Mileage Plus, lines busy, customers angry...then miles/pdq's not posting until July 1? If something is "wrong" in February, we have to wait till April to sort it out, and then hope all is well in the July postings?

:mad:

edcho Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm

The site function to view the past activity since 1/1/2014 is broken (for less than 24 hours) and people are freaking out? All the miles are still there. While it's annoying, it isn't a critical function (i.e. preventing you to check-in, preventing booking, view current res, etc).

Maybe if this lasted 3-4 days, I would start getting annoyed (i.e. checking PQDs/PQMs/PQSs postings, etc).

mmack Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 22511994)
The site function to view the past activity since 1/1/2014 is broken (for less than 24 hours) and people are freaking out? All the miles are still there. While it's annoying, it isn't a critical function (i.e. preventing you to check-in, preventing booking, view current res, etc).

Maybe if this lasted 3-4 days, I would start getting annoyed (i.e. checking PQDs/PQMs/PQSs postings, etc).

That's the point. If its a .bomb glitch, to be fixed, then most people probably won't have an issue. But if the info is only going to posted quarterly, thats a major annoyance.
I guess opinion is divided as to which it will be.

kevinsac Mar 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 22511994)
The site function to view the past activity since 1/1/2014 is broken (for less than 24 hours) and people are freaking out?

No Ed, I am not freaking out. :rolleyes:

I think I did the reasonable thing. After checking today and failing to find what (I think) previously has been available, I called tech support to ask. And they gave me info that ... it appears ... is wrong.

I simply was posing a question to what I found on the web site today -- and to pose a question based on a new "policy" about which I was told.

bmwe92fan Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Mine just came back - missing for the day...

goalie Mar 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan (Post 22512326)
Mine just came back - missing for the day...

Not for me :(. When I click on "activity since last statement", I am brought to the "Missing Mileage Credit" page :rolleyes:

Infinite1K Mar 17, 2014 10:40 am

You have not earned or used miles recently.

Went to check my Mileage Plus account on both United.com and via the iPhone app and both come back with a message that I've not had any activity which is wrong.

Anyone else seeing this when they login to their account?

Pat89339 Mar 17, 2014 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K (Post 22538813)
Went to check my Mileage Plus account on both United.com and via the iPhone app and both come back with a message that I've not had any activity which is wrong.

Anyone else seeing this when they login to their account?

Yes. Last week it lasted for three days and right now it is back. Grrr. :mad:

IADFlyer123 Mar 17, 2014 10:54 am

Dont worry...Its the same stupid error that UA's systems keeps showing every few days. Your miles and your data is safe :)

blokay Mar 17, 2014 10:57 am

But a few miles added?

Can't see mine either - but the balance has grown - a bunch. Maybe I should book a few intl F's real quick.....:D

valor155 Mar 17, 2014 11:32 am

Originally Posted by blokay (Post 22538894)
Can't see mine either - but the balance has grown - a bunch. Maybe I should book a few intl F's real quick.....:D

DO IT!!! ^

Madone59 Mar 17, 2014 12:12 pm

I've got it too. I am looking for my annual MP Select card bonus - don't want to miss that one.

halls120 Mar 18, 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 22538821)
Yes. Last week it lasted for three days and right now it is back. Grrr. :mad:

Yes, it seems to be back once again.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22508101)
I get this all the time. It fixes itself relatively quickly.

Well, I guess it depends on one's definition of "quickly." My account has been showing "no recent activity" for almost 2 days now.