Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United's website not showing recent activity (recurring bug)

United's website not showing recent activity (recurring bug)

Old Mar 12, 14, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by LaserSailor View Post

Only on FT do people check their balances hourly.....
It was actually 1 hour, 38 minutes, and 59 seconds ago that this "You have not earned or used miles recently." appeared!

Same thing happened about 2:18 (& 13 seconds) a.m. last week on a weekday.

Added --- It's back up and working properly as of 4 mins and 43 secs ago!
I can now go back to bed!!

Naw, I lied --- Got a MR today and headed to LAS as we speak!!!

Last edited by LilAbner; Mar 12, 14 at 4:48 am Reason: Now working properly
Old Mar 12, 14, 6:40 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
Originally Posted by mdobbins View Post
You can see your United activity on delta.com? How cool is that ?!

Soon all airlines will be tAACO DeLl
Old Mar 12, 14, 8:31 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dulcamara View Post
As of this morning (Denmark time) .bomb says I "have no recent activity".
The numbers for my account are correct saving for a missing Brussels Air flight. Only the recent activity screen has the error.

Anyone else getting this?
Happens often when you're on the website after your cookie expires. Logout, login. Issue fixed (usually).

Right now it appears to be a larger system-wide issue.
Old Mar 12, 14, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
There is definitely a problem with the website.
Old Mar 12, 14, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD View Post
There has been a "problem" with the website for about two years now. The manifestations vary. This is a really minor one.
Old Mar 12, 14, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott PLT, UA 1K.
yeah i'm noticing that the recent activity is showing up empty. it does happen on occasion i noticed, don't worry, it'll show up in a couple hours or so. it's definitely a recurring glitch that's annoying, but data doesn't get lost or anything, just the website display barfing on itself i presume.

Originally Posted by davidviolin View Post
Hasnt happened to me on Delta.com... hmm...
little OT but i actually just logged onto my delta account just now coincidentally because i'm about to book a DL flight ($700 OW CLT-EWR on UA versus $286 OW CLT-LGA on DL... really? and SPG crossover, woo hoo!) and i just went onto the "my profile" page and holy crap, it's like someone vomited boxes all over my screen. i haven't used delta in a year and i guess i forgot what the site was like, but i never thought i'd say that UA's dated "my account" page is far less of a visual headache than DL's. it's like someone decided that every little link required some sort of stock photo behind it for every little thing.
Old Mar 12, 14, 11:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD View Post
Just one? (and yup, not showing for me as well)
Old Mar 12, 14, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Another one of Jeff's "a change you will like"? Will he charge us to call in and ask our history ?
Old Mar 12, 14, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Platinum
Having the same problem on both of our accounts...."no recent activity"but have had several recent flights and cc miles post last week.
Old Mar 12, 14, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Recent MP activity on .bomb

Repeat the mantra of masses: I hate UAL.com

I have logged on to .bomb, trying to check if recent flights have posted to my account. Sounds reasonable, right?

When I log in, click on "my account", it brings up:
Kevinsac
Acct number UA123456
Star Alliance Gold
Mileage balance 1,989,333
Mileage expiration 9/30/2015

Premier status qualification information
YTD Premier qualifying miles: 11,380
YTD Premier qualifying segments: 6.5
YTD Premier qualifying dollars: $8,211
4 flight segment minimum: 4 of 4
Lifetime flight miles: 1,911,172

Regional Premier Upgrades: 4
4 Regional Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 1/31/2015
Global Premier Upgrades: 7
1 Global Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 4/30/2014
6 Global Premier Upgrade(s) Expiring 1/31/2015
But when I click on "View Recent Activity Since Last Statement" (the last statement date was 12/31/13 ... so all of the above YTD should show up, each flight itemized, right???) it says:
You have no activity for this period
I have been trying to do this for days. I simply want to check on each individual flight: was it properly credited, what dollar amounts were credited, did I earn the COS bonus, etc.

So, I call tech support. Their number is no longer published; it is considered private. But 1K can transfer my call to them.

After spending 15 minutes trying to explain what I need -- not real difficult, IMHO -- I am told the new (improved???) process at United is that:

1. Statements are issued once a quarter.
2. Thus, effective 2014, the individual listing of flights will not be posted to .bom and "my account" until the end of each quarter. Therefore, I (and every other MP member) need to wait until early- to mid-April before I can check the accuracy of the account.

Is this correct or is this BS? I'd like to HUCA ... but considering the time wasted to get this answer, I'd like not to waste more time on something that (I think) used to be readily available on .bom and still should be.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 12, 14, 3:17 pm

Programs: united mileage plus
This just happened today. I just returned from a trip. I checked yesterday and saw the outbound flights credited. I got the email about the March statement (thought that was strange since March is not even half over) and clicked through to see info about the new Chengdu flights. I decided to log in and see if the return flight had posted and got a message saying I had no activity for this period. The drop down calendar now ends 12/31/2013. I thought the site was having issues. Now it sounds like they have made another bad customer service. This is totally unnecessary and unhelpful.
Old Mar 12, 14, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1/MM SPG gold, CEO: Grandmother of 4
Originally Posted by fdflys View Post
This just happened today. I just returned from a trip. I checked yesterday and saw the outbound flights credited. I got the email about the March statement (thought that was strange since March is not even half over) and clicked through to see info about the new Chengdu flights. I decided to log in and see if the return flight had posted and got a message saying I had no activity for this period. The drop down calendar now ends 12/31/2013. I thought the site was having issues. Now it sounds like they have made another bad customer service. This is totally unnecessary and unhelpful.
just checked mine........same thing, thought it was a fluke and would check it again. ugh!!
Old Mar 12, 14, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 MM
What the heck?

My Account activity was in my file at UA last week: checking now there's no record of our flights in Jan and Feb 2014???

This is terrible, and a massive de-grade in terms of customer care. What happens on the day of (ha ha ha) April 1st, when suddenly everyone's account for the last three months is posted?

Thousands of customer service calls to Mileage Plus, lines busy, customers angry...then miles/pdq's not posting until July 1? If something is "wrong" in February, we have to wait till April to sort it out, and then hope all is well in the July postings?

Old Mar 12, 14, 4:00 pm

The site function to view the past activity since 1/1/2014 is broken (for less than 24 hours) and people are freaking out? All the miles are still there. While it's annoying, it isn't a critical function (i.e. preventing you to check-in, preventing booking, view current res, etc).

Maybe if this lasted 3-4 days, I would start getting annoyed (i.e. checking PQDs/PQMs/PQSs postings, etc).
Old Mar 12, 14, 4:09 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 MM
Originally Posted by edcho View Post
The site function to view the past activity since 1/1/2014 is broken (for less than 24 hours) and people are freaking out? All the miles are still there. While it's annoying, it isn't a critical function (i.e. preventing you to check-in, preventing booking, view current res, etc).

Maybe if this lasted 3-4 days, I would start getting annoyed (i.e. checking PQDs/PQMs/PQSs postings, etc).
That's the point. If its a .bomb glitch, to be fixed, then most people probably won't have an issue. But if the info is only going to posted quarterly, thats a major annoyance.
I guess opinion is divided as to which it will be.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: