Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3 March Winter Storm (DC and NYC Area Travel Waivers) and Impact to UA's Operations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Link to current travel waivers: http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx
Print Wikipost

3 March Winter Storm (DC and NYC Area Travel Waivers) and Impact to UA's Operations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CzeSEN
The snow is supposed to end by Monday mid-afternoon. Sure, 3/3 is going to be a mess. But Tuesday shouldn't be too bad, except for more frequent (consequential) overbookings...
It should include tomorrow was my suggestion.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
It should include tomorrow was my suggestion.
My bad. You're absolutely right. Makes me wonder what people at UA were thinking when they deliberately decided not to include tomorrow, considering that both AA and US have issued waivers earlier and included 3/2.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Because you are talking about the "new UA". Texas think. Hell, even Lorenzo would have issued a weather waiver, after issuing a few pink slips.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:40 pm

Website not waiving change fee

Hey guys

I have an upcoming flight from DFW to CHO through IAD. As many of you already know there will be a winter storm hitting IAD on March 4th and there is a waiver up right now. Because both of the DFW-IAD and IAD-CHO flights are on Express, they get hammer hard in this kind of condition. I want to get another routing (maybe through CLT on US). I am trying to change on to a DFW-IAH-CLT-CHO flight. But the website is trying to charge me for the fare difference, which should be waived. I called customer support trying to get that routing or even a simpler one DFW-CLT-CHO flight soley with US, but the agent is saying they cannot book me onto US if my flight is not cancelled. Is there anyway I can avoid going through IAD?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
waiver is in place as far as I can see ... but Boston is not included
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Did you ask the agent to book you on the UA routing you found? What did they say?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
Did you ask the agent to book you on the UA routing you found? What did they say?
She simply said they cannot book me on US until the flight is cancelled.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cfischer
waiver is in place as far as I can see ... but Boston is not included
Just had a quick look at the forecast - why would it be?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to another airline is not included in a waiver, you can only re-route on UA metal.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had a quick look at the forecast - why would it be?
it keeps changing. Yesterday they had 8+ inches; guess that has changed right now. The entire NE corridor is going to be a mess and most BOS planes have EWR/IAD routes coming or going ... makes sense IMO to include.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Did you ask the agent to book you on the UA routing you found?
There are no UA options. UA only flies to CHO via affected airports.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
There are no UA options. UA only flies to CHO via affected airports.
Ah, good point - missed that part

Very low likelihood of them moving you to US even if the flight is cancelled due to weather, the standard (which seems reasonable) response is "*A only".
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Very low likelihood of them moving you to US even if the flight is cancelled due to weather, the standard (which seems reasonable) response is "*A only".
For the next 4 weeks, US is still part of *A.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:01 pm

Ah, good point - missed that part

Thanks for the input. But US is still *A until March 30th, so in case of a WX I might be able to get one of their flight.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Until you press them, as the CoC states otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.