Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA minimum spend requirement for spend (corner case)

Old Feb 22, 14, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K

Hey,

I looked through the threads and couldn't find the answer to this:

I know that for the new UA minimum spend requirements for status, anytime I'm on UA metal, my fare count even if booked via a different airline. I also know that my YQ charges from UA count.

But here is my question, if I book a trip that uses an UA fare in one direction and an ANA fare for the return (but entirely on UA metal for all segments), and it has YQ charges associated with both UA and ANA, do both of them count towards my spend requirement? And is this actually clearly documented anywhere?
Old Feb 22, 14, 10:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by VPescado View Post
.....if I book a trip that uses an UA fare in one direction and an ANA fare for the return (but entirely on UA metal for all segments), and it has YQ charges associated with both UA and ANA, do both of them count towards my spend requirement? And is this actually clearly documented anywhere?
In all the materials UA uses "carrier-imposed surcharges" not "UA surcharges."

Are you talking about a trip with a non-016 ticket with a ANA codeshare UA metal flight?
Old Feb 23, 14, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Are you talking about a trip with a non-016 ticket with a ANA codeshare UA metal flight?
Good question. I priced it out on ITA. The outbound is a UA Fare, the return is an ANA fare (with mostly UA flight numbers on UA metal, but one segment is an ANA codeshare for UA metal).

I expect I'll never be able to get something like that to price out on UA.com, and in my experience it's usually a coin flip for a trip like that which carrier's ticket stock will be used when booking on Expedia or similar.
Old Feb 23, 14, 1:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by VPescado View Post
.... one segment is an ANA codeshare for UA metal
I expect I'll never be able to get something like that to price out on UA.com, ...
yep, no codeshares of UA metal on united.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: