Wiki Posts
Search

All C/F revenue/award space zeroed out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Panic attack over. Thanks to all who calmed me down

Seats are available as they were yesterday.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
The crisis seems to be over, and may have worked to my advantage. Just found an elusive GF award ORD-BRU-BCN that hasn't previously appeared in my daily checks. Score.
And here I was thinking that 20% off business class fare for a companion was actually taking widespread use.

Negative.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:40 pm

Still no dice for my trip above, neither matrix nor .bomb.

I guess they're working forward, hopefully they'll get to April soon.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat and MM
Certain Markets still out...

DEN - PHL for instance with F0 on all days in April/May... will be a while before it is sorted out.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
SFO<->BOS for a flight in April - UA.com will quote the price, but no F seats available on any flight... So still having problems!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:50 pm

Seems like none of you are realizing how this relates to the Big Smisek's plan to cut $2B in costs.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:53 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Hmm.. yea, on second thought.. It's still not working completely. Same itin, but in April, still Fzeroed.. also to a different city. BLARG.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DBCme
Seems like none of you are realizing how this relates to the Big Smisek's plan to cut $2B in costs.
Could it be - "we've observed a sharp decrease in demand for seats in C andF, clearly there's no customer demand, we can rip them out and put in more E-"??
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:09 pm

Still waiting for EWRs J and F classes to open up.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:19 pm

Could it be - "we've observed a sharp decrease in demand for seats in C andF, clearly there's no customer demand, we can rip them out and put in more E-"??
It's sounding good... now for the press release:

"UA is monitoring customer buying trends and feedback which are suggesting customers prefer an all-economy class airplane in a global airline. Welcome, Ted - International edition."
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:26 pm

"UA is monitoring customer buying trends and feedback which are suggesting customers prefer an all-economy class airplane in a global airline. Welcome, Ted - International edition."
and with our luck they'll complete this mod in less than a quarter... including putting the extra doors back on the 739
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

Getting better. How about:

"UA is pleased to announce a change you will like. After extensive monitoring of customer buying trends and feedback suggesting customers prefer an all-economy class airplane in a global airline, we are enhancing our service by offering a new uniform customer experience in single cabin aircraft. No more confusing variety of options or lack of clarity among Global First, Business First, and Business. Instead, we're wiping the slate clean and introducing Ted - International edition. You won't even need to decide whether to turn left or right upon entering the aircraft, everything will be right. Irked by being shooed into the Lavatory in 'your own cabin'? No more, all lavatories will be equally open to all."
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:35 pm

Getting better. How about:

"UA is pleased to announce a change you will like. After extensive monitoring of customer buying trends and feedback suggesting customers prefer an all-economy class airplane in a global airline, we are enhancing our service by offering a new uniform customer experience in single cabin aircraft. No more confusing variety of options or lack of clarity among Global First, Business First, and Business. Instead, we're wiping the slate clean and introducing Ted - International edition. You won't even need to decide whether to turn left or right upon entering the aircraft, everything will be right. Irked by being shooed into the Lavatory in 'your own cabin'? No more, all lavatories will be equally open to all."
Psh... who needs lavs at all? By monitoring customer behavior we've found the under-seat space is unused... thus all seats will be replaced with buckets.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
My reservations BOS-IAD in June are showing as normal F on my account. Go to book the same again and it's eco only, as all the flights on the same route that day.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:45 pm

On the award front, this isn't anything new (since mid-December 2013), especially TRANSCON. Check out ANA's 1 way in business LAX-NYC (there are a few US flights and a couple of 1-stop flights sprinkled in there), it's like this every single week of the year, even T-1 week :

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.