Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All C/F revenue/award space zeroed out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I can get FC fares DEN-IAH up to 2-26-2014. After that...zeroed out. Yikes.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
think positive folks .... zero-ing out paid F and award F means tons of space for TODs and CPUs /s
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Looking at flights on Friday, a number of flights have F per flight status, but all the F fare buckets are zeroed out.
Agreed. GF is flying ORD-LAX tomorrow. Flight status for upgrades shows: Capacity 20, Booked 11. However all the first class related fare buckets show as zero when searching for the flight.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
This may be related to the ~$900 P fares HNL-SAP in this thread.
Those fares (HNL to SAP/SAL) have been around for at least a week. If you look closely they're actually not P fare basis even though they book into P, and there is a strong chance that they will not earn 150% PQM based on the "additional terms" in UA's mileage earning page (added in December 2013).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Agreed. GF is flying ORD-LAX tomorrow. Flight status for upgrades shows: Capacity 20, Booked 11. However all the first class related fare buckets show as zero when searching for the flight.
I see FC availability on that route through 2-26, just as I do DEN-IAH. After that date...nada.

ETA Looks like UA661 legitimately has no FC space tomorrow, if that's the one you're looking at. The other nonstops all have availability.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
How can UA expect to function when its IT system results in stuff like this happening? I have flights to book, and if this isn't fixed by noon, UA will be losing some of my $$$ to AA.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
No F/J for any attempted March bookings. SNAFU.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm trying really hard not to panic, but yesterday I put my parents on the EWR-HNL non-stop and my plan was to get them their return ticket today. All F is blocked out for every date I've checked. Yesterday everything was available.

The seat chart initially showed plenty of seats for a standard award, and now they've been completely greyed out. I was going to purchase the tickets (refundable) just in case they're truly sold out - but there isn't a seat for purchase for the entire week I'm looking

I'm sure this is just a glitch... but until they fix it, like I said, I'm trying really hard not to panic.

And no, as 80 somethings, they want the non-stop in F, so a connecting flight is not something they will consider. As a matter of fact, when I only got a 1 way award I promised them I would book the return after they let (to save the redeposit fee, just in case).
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'm trying really hard not to panic, but yesterday I put my parents on the EWR-HNL non-stop and my plan was to get them their return ticket today. All F is blocked out for every date I've checked. Yesterday everything was available.

The seat chart initially showed plenty of seats for a standard award, and now they've been completely greyed out. I was going to purchase the tickets (refundable) just in case they're truly sold out - but there isn't a seat for purchase for the entire week I'm looking

I'm sure this is just a glitch... but until they fix it, like I said, I'm trying really hard not to panic.

And no, as 80 somethings, they want the non-stop in F, so a connecting flight is not something they will consider. As a matter of fact, when I only got a 1 way award I promised them I would book the return after they let (to save the redeposit fee, just in case).
Do you have enough miles on another carrier to do a back-up booking in case it takes awhile for UA to fix things?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:13 am

No.. plus there are no other non-stops to EWR. HA has a non-stop to JFK, and I guess I could book that as a backup.

But they're elderly and looking for that lay flat seat....
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold

Being forced to slum it in Economy is definitely worth panicking about.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:15 am

It is when you're in your 80s and only went because of that first class seat.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Being forced to slum it in Economy is definitely worth panicking about.
Classless
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
No.. plus there are no other non-stops to EWR. HA has a non-stop to JFK, and I guess I could book that as a backup.

But they're elderly and looking for that lay flat seat....
Don't panic. Every flight that's zeroed out is greyed out on the seat maps, even if the flights are wide open. I have 2 bookings in F in 2 weeks that I've confirmed this on.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Thank you Like I said, everything was open (looked normal) yesterday.

I just checked HA and they're sold out in F as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.