Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate, Consolidated "Warm Nuts on UA" thread

Old Feb 19, 14, 12:54 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No extra nuts anymore on the last few int'l long haul flights I've taken in business. You still get the 2/3 full ramekin (I love that word) but that's it, unless some other passengers turn them down and the flight attendant cares about service.

Sorry to be the one to report this bad news as we all know how much Flyertalkers like their warm nuts!
Old Feb 19, 14, 1:19 am

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
I've gotten refills regularly on AA domestic........

The cheapening of the premium product on UA is getting really insane now.
Old Feb 19, 14, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by demkr View Post
I've gotten refills regularly on AA domestic........

The cheapening of the premium product on UA is getting really insane now.
The problem is that the seat is so critical United will still fill the business cabin despite this "change you'll like." If there is zero change in revenue but additional cost savings, it would be somewhat irresponsible for UA not to make this change. Unless people are really going to start flying other airlines to maximize their enjoyment of warm nuts.
Old Feb 19, 14, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Warm nuts in Int'l biz: no more refills

And they are broken nuts too. Just go with paper ramekins like mini Dixie cups to reduce weight further.
Old Feb 19, 14, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by boolean64 View Post
The problem is that the seat is so critical United will still fill the business cabin despite this "change you'll like." If there is zero change in revenue but additional cost savings, it would be somewhat irresponsible for UA not to make this change. Unless people are really going to start flying other airlines to maximize their enjoyment of warm nuts.
People are already changing to other airlines because they're tired of the unrepentant cheapening of the UA product. And UA will eventually fall behind on hard product, because DL and AA are moving to all aisle access lie flat seats.
Old Feb 19, 14, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I flew LHR-EWR on Monday and received a refill upon request. When I finished the refill, the FA came by and asked if I wanted more.
Old Feb 19, 14, 5:58 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Last time I flew to OGG I was asked if I wanted more. Not sure if others turned them down
Old Feb 19, 14, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
No extra nuts anymore on the last few int'l long haul flights I've taken in business. You still get the 2/3 full ramekin (I love that word) but that's it, unless some other passengers turn them down and the flight attendant cares about service.
On my PS flight a week ago it wasn't even 1/2 full...
Old Feb 19, 14, 6:15 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by fjfv19 View Post
I flew LHR-EWR on Monday and received a refill upon request. When I finished the refill, the FA came by and asked if I wanted more.
^ same here on multiple flights.
OP: did you ask for more? Did FA deny?
Old Feb 19, 14, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, MR LT Plat, Hertz PC, TR Diam
Originally Posted by fjfv19 View Post
Same deal here, on ORD-HKG a few days ago but I requested only one refill and it was done with a smile.

I'll report what happens on the way back.
Old Feb 19, 14, 7:06 am

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
On my PS flight a week ago it wasn't even 1/2 full...
FAs get hungry too...
Old Feb 19, 14, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
There was a discussion about this on the Let's Eat thread.

Latest update was that nuts were catered already in ramekins for BusinessFirst. No loose nuts in bin to accommodate requests for refills.

If someone turned down theirs, it MAY be used to fulfill requests for seconds, or possibly set out for mid-flight "snacks".

They do seem to supply GlobalFirst with extras, so perhaps some are being poached from here as well?

Anyway, not like the days of old when they would wander down the aisle with the big pan and silver ladle, offering up seconds to everyone....
Old Feb 19, 14, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
There was a discussion about this on the Let's Eat thread.

Latest update was that nuts were catered already in ramekins for BusinessFirst. No loose nuts in bin to accommodate requests for refills.

If someone turned down theirs, it MAY be used to fulfill requests for seconds, or possibly set out for mid-flight "snacks".

They do seem to supply GlobalFirst with extras, so perhaps some are being poached from here as well?

Anyway, not like the days of old when they would wander down the aisle with the big pan and silver ladle, offering up seconds to everyone....
There were confusions on the other thread and the summary is:

1 - pmUA did have nut refills before in C
2 - pmCO never got nut refills in BF
3 - the refills are only in GF now
4 - no one is going nuts

Talking about FAs eating nuts...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...vers-them.html
Old Feb 19, 14, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by username View Post
Wow, I missed that story. That's nuts.
Old Feb 19, 14, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
I was on SFO-PHL a few weeks ago and the FA actually came by with ramekins full of nuts on a try and offered more to each passenger. I turned it down since the nuts were cold (eventhough the ramekins were warm). That was a first for me though though

Search this Thread
Search Engine: