Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Gift Registry Refund - 20 days?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
UA Gift Registry Refund - 20 days?

Has anyone ever had any success using the UA gift registry and getting a refund back to it in a timely manner.

Made a mistake with a booking 4 days ago using funds from it and cancelled it within 24 hours. The refund to registry when cancelling advises you it takes 20, yes 20 days to process the refund. It also says 7 days for a credit card refund but I've never seen that take more then a day or two.

Tried calling and emailing the mileage plus service center and they both informed me they can't help and the agent on phone couldn't even find any contact info for anyone I could speak to that might be able to help expedite it. Commented that the registry is not handled by UA CS.

20 days for refund to a fund within UA's own website on a booking that was cancelled within 20 minutes of being made - seems a little ridiculous.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:46 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jkburns1
Has anyone ever had any success using the UA gift registry and getting a refund back to it in a timely manner.

Made a mistake with a booking 4 days ago using funds from it and cancelled it within 24 hours. The refund to registry when cancelling advises you it takes 20, yes 20 days to process the refund. It also says 7 days for a credit card refund but I've never seen that take more then a day or two.

Tried calling and emailing the mileage plus service center and they both informed me they can't help and the agent on phone couldn't even find any contact info for anyone I could speak to that might be able to help expedite it. Commented that the registry is not handled by UA CS.

20 days for refund to a fund within UA's own website on a booking that was cancelled within 20 minutes of being made - seems a little ridiculous.
I am sorry to say than getting a refund in my case, when the ticket was stuck in the queue for several days and the only suggestion web support had was to cancel it, took 3 months and multiple emails to 1K voice with promises that it would be deposited in X days and it wasn't. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Good luck!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:40 pm

+1 Unfortunately, based on my experience, I think you will have to stay on them.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by DrinkingCoffee
+1 Unfortunately, based on my experience, I think you will have to stay on them.
Funny part is inquiries on refunds on UA website require a ticket #. I cancelled it fast enough that I never got a ticket number but it did take the funds for ticketing.

MP Svc Center both email and phone just tell me "sorry we can't help" let alone stay on it to.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
My UA Gift Registry was refunded to my account within a week after a 24 hr reservation cancellation. I am totally surprised after reading the comments on here, was expecting to call after 20 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.