Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA could take a page from DL's play book.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

Sitting in window E- next to "my 600 pound life" candidate in delta reroute due to UA irrops. Thought I was going to need the AED to shock my heart back into starting when the FA came by each coach passenger and told them it was great to have them on board. I may be senile but I can't remember that ever happening on CO or U A in coach over my 35 year flying career. Band this could have been an anomaly. It takes so little to be mice and welcoming.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Being nice is about all DL and WN have going for them.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
On AA, the FAs routinely say "thank you for your business" when I'm flying, even in coach. Can't remember a United FA ever saying that to me as a 1K.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
It's funny, the FA on my Friday UX STL-CLE flight personally thanked all flyers on board who had status by name. She had a hand written list in the first drawer of the cart and as she paused at each row of the ERJ-145 she would thank us by name and thank us for our business and then ask our drink order.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ontherun
It's funny, the FA on my Friday UX STL-CLE flight personally thanked all flyers on board who had status by name. She had a hand written list in the first drawer of the cart and as she paused at each row of the ERJ-145 she would thank us by name and thank us for our business and then ask our drink order.
Likely have had that express jet FA before and she's outstanding.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Likely have had that express jet FA before and she's outstanding.
+1 there are a number of ExpressJet FAs out there, often, IME, on the ex-IAH routes.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:37 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by GeneralVeers
On AA, the FAs routinely say "thank you for your business" when I'm flying, even in coach. Can't remember a United FA ever saying that to me as a 1K.
A week ago on IAD-LHR in biz, the (excellent) Purser taking meal orders said "Oh, I see you're a 1K. Welcome back! We appreciate your business."
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
On my two AA int'l F flights last week, the whole menu was a la carte - the FAs told me I could have whatever I wanted, any combo, at any time. Very QR-like! ^

They also had a very cool silver mesh-like nonslip placesetting that went on top of the napkin, as well as an awesomely cool geometric-shaped water glass, modern plates & bowls, etc. - a nice change of pace from the 1990s-style look we get on UA.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by 1P
A week ago on IAD-LHR in biz, the (excellent) Purser taking meal orders said "Oh, I see you're a 1K. Welcome back! We appreciate your business."
While flying in F or BF I expect a greeting like that and have received it before. Though I expect the same greeting/treatment (at least relative to Y) if I were sitting in row 40 on the same flight, my guess is the latter happens far less.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I'll deal with surly flight attendants if in order to actually have my FF miles be worth something.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
United has been making photocopies of Delta's customer unfriendly playbook for the last year, but they always seem to skip over the positive.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ontherun
UX is Air Europa.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by GeneralVeers
The majority of the time, UA/UX FAs say "Thank you" to me when I am leaving the plane. Obviously they are thanking me for my business.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by Hadrian35
Being nice is about all DL and WN have going for them.
This.

I can't stand some of the DL FAs who were with DL before the 'merger' that come through the entire cabin 'thanking Medallion members for their business.'
(Contrast that with some CX pursers I encountered when I was a Diamond member who come to me personally during the flight and thank me for my business and address me by name (sure they memorized my name beforehand therefore not carrying a sheet of paper but it's a personal greeting and thanks which makes it more special).)

Last edited by mjcewl1284; Feb 9, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cargojon
I'll deal with surly flight attendants if in order to actually have my FF miles be worth something.
Guess you are not flying UA any more in that case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.