Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:31 pm

For the Chase PQD waiver, does the spend count from the first day of the new year or after the first statement of the year? My statement is supposed to post 1/7 but I am not sure if that is considered to be the December, 2018 statement, even though it runs into 2019 for a week or so.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bman1002
For the Chase PQD waiver, does the spend count from the first day of the new year or after the first statement of the year? My statement is supposed to post 1/7 but I am not sure if that is considered to be the December, 2018 statement, even though it runs into 2019 for a week or so.
From what I've seen, it appears to be calendar year spend.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
From what I've seen, it appears to be calendar year spend.
Thank you! Glad to hear that.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Thanks for the tip.
Worked but showing "not met"
Statement with Chase closed on the 21st with 7k bill.
Account was 4k short of the waiver so I'm hoping it'll still show
anyway i can verify if this worked? only showing end of the year snapshot
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
anyway i can verify if this worked? only showing end of the year snapshot
Call UA - they should be able to verify. Yes, only see the year end snapshot now, which doesn't include the Chase waiver, and UAs regular site will only show 2019 info. now.

Otherwise, you’ll know if you wait until Feb. 1 (or if you get a status buy up offer). But given terms clearly list calendar year, you should be fine.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe

Call UA - they should be able to verify. Yes, only see the year end snapshot now, which doesn't include the Chase waiver, and UAs regular site will only show 2019 info. now.

Otherwise, you’ll know if you wait until Feb. 1 (or if you get a status buy up offer). But given terms clearly list calendar year, you should be fine.
thanks, I'll call.
appreciate the response
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: AA, IHG, SWA, SPG
Are current UA credit cards able to give you PQD waiver if you spend 25k in 2019?

Hello All,

Are there any UA credit cards, that one could get now, that will waive the PQD requirement for UA Gold or Silver?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I have a Chase United branded card that I pay an annual fee of $95 and the spend works all the way to platinum. I think I need to spend $25,000 a year on it. About the only thing I do not put on it is the mortgage.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by sixthree
Hello All,

Are there any UA credit cards, that one could get now, that will waive the PQD requirement for UA Gold or Silver?

Thanks!
I think there are currently 3 cards available which would count towards the PQD waiver if you spend 25k:

Chase United Explorer Card
Chase United Club Card
Chase United Travelbank Card
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Any Chase-issued United credit card with a US billing address will do it, or any combination thereof, including spending by authorized card holders.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes. Any ‘Mileageplus’ branded card (all from Chase) waives PQD.

Some will say TravelBank Card (no annual fee) doesn’t count. My real life experience is it does - both from my wife last year who only spent ~22K on her Select Card, her only ‘MileagePlus’ Card, and the rest of the waiver was from her TB card. And from both of ours this year - where wiaver spend on both mine and my wife’s mystatus portal exceed spending on each of our Select cards to date, not even taking into account data there is generally 1-2 weeks behind.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Continental OnePass

Some will say TravelBank Card (no annual fee) doesn’t count. My real life experience is it does - both from my wife last year who only spent ~22K on her Select Card, her only ‘MileagePlus’ Card, and the rest of the waiver was from her TB card. And from both of ours this year - where wiaver spend on both mine and my wife’s mystatus portal exceed spending on each of our Select cards to date, not even taking into account data there is generally 1-2 weeks behind.
Yep, I keep very close track of my spending and the Travelbank card definitely counts even though it isn’t branded as a MileagePlus card.

As a side note, in terms of the data presented on the MyStatus page I have found that the total updates each Friday including spending through the previous Sunday.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I can confirm the waiver still works (as it should!), I just hit the 25k last week, it updates weekly as mentioned above on the MyStatus. Now my premier app says waiver is met.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
And it's cumulative spend across all cards.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, IHG, SWA, SPG
Thanks all! This is a great perk. My work territory changed and UA would serve me better than AA now, so I am thinking of switching. Weighing all the options. This option brings mileage runs back for me if I need a few PQMs and not to worry about PQD. (I know the card does not waive 1K PQD requirement.) The 25k spend will not be a problem. Thanks again! This is kind of exciting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.