Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 24, 19, 7:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 27, 19, 5:10 pm

it says general member? any idea who I should call?
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by 621mango View Post
it says general member? any idea who I should call?
I think you are confusing credit card spend with PQD. The miles you receive from spending on the Mileage Plus credit cards are award miles. To reach each Premier status level, you have to accumulate Premier Qualifying Miles AND Premier Qualifying Dollars. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...s/premier.html
Old Sep 30, 19, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by wilp888 View Post
I think you are confusing credit card spend with PQD. The miles you receive from spending on the Mileage Plus credit cards are award miles. To reach each Premier status level, you have to accumulate Premier Qualifying Miles AND Premier Qualifying Dollars. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...s/premier.html
yes, I was confused indeed, thank you for clarifying.
Old Sep 30, 19, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wilp888 View Post

Actually 25k spend waives pqd. The op may be confusing pqms with spend.
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:09 pm

Unhappy PQD Waiver for 2019?

I can't find any mention of the PQD waiver with a $25k spend any more. The United FAQ only lists 2017, and I found other sources confirming it for 2018, but nothing for 2019. Chase's website doesn't mention it either (can't post actual links yet).

Any thoughts on how to verify it for 2019 before applying for the card?
Old Oct 5, 19, 4:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ahmadr View Post
I can't find any mention of the PQD waiver with a $25k spend any more. The United FAQ only lists 2017, and I found other sources confirming it for 2018, but nothing for 2019. Chase's website doesn't mention it either (can't post actual links yet).

Any thoughts on how to verify it for 2019 before applying for the card?
Welcome to FT!, ahmadr

There has never been an advance announcement. It is usually mid-January before there is any indication.

The consensus has been it will continue until there is an actual announcement to discontinue.

Some prior year threads

What's happening to the PQD credit card waiver in 2015? (2015 waiver "confirmed")
Will PQD waivers (MP credit cards) continue in 2018? & 2019

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 5, 19 at 4:10 pm
Old Oct 5, 19, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Welcome to FT!, ahmadr

There has never been an advance announcement. It is usually mid-January before there is any indication.

The consensus has been it will continue until there is an actual announcement to discontinue.

Some prior year threads

What's happening to the PQD credit card waiver in 2015? (2015 waiver "confirmed")
Will PQD waivers (MP credit cards) continue in 2018? & 2019
I guess that by mid-January, UA is secure in their belief that DL will keep their waiver in place.
Old Oct 31, 19, 10:21 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Anyone having issues with the Chase spend tracker at https://mystatus.united.com/? Last year, this used to update very frequently (like as soon as purchases were posting) but mine has been stuck at the same dollar amount for over a week now, even though I've been actively spending on the card and new purchases have been posting.
Old Oct 31, 19, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by STS-134 View Post
Anyone having issues with the Chase spend tracker at https://mystatus.united.com/? Last year, this used to update very frequently (like as soon as purchases were posting) but mine has been stuck at the same dollar amount for over a week now, even though I've been actively spending on the card and new purchases have been posting.
Agree it is stuck - hopefully the back-end database integration with Chase is better than that lagging webpage. I'm hoping some pending charges come through by this Friday to put me over, since Friday appears to be the sweep day.
Old Dec 16, 19, 10:20 am

How frequently does Chase update spending in the United system

So far, I have spent more than 25,000 dollars on my United MileagePlus Explorer card. However, my United account only shows 22,900. I am not sure when Chase will update my spending in the system. I have an upcoming flight this weekend and I was hoping I can take advantage of the Pluspoints upon reaching the platinum status.
Any idea? Thank you.
Old Dec 16, 19, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAFlyer01 View Post
How frequently does Chase update spending in the United system
Weekly but be aware it is based on calendar spend, not billing cycles

The PlusPoints may take a day or two to post.
Old Dec 16, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Weekly but be aware it is based on calendar spend, not billing cycles

The PlusPoints may take a day or two to post.
Didn't realize it was weekly after all these years. I always just checked at the end of each billing cycle and newer followed it that closely. How do they then correct then for fraud? Last summer I had my card compromised and several thousand dollars which eventually was removed but it took several months. I must say I never saw a downward correction but I will go back and look at my accounting again as maybe a correction was slipped in.
Old Dec 16, 19, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420 View Post
.... How do they then correct then for fraud? Last summer I had my card compromised and several thousand dollars which eventually was removed but it took several months. I must say I never saw a downward correction but I will go back and look at my accounting again as maybe a correction was slipped in.
Probably the same as for refunds, it is a running total for the year -- refunds are subtracted from the total when process
Old Dec 16, 19, 3:39 pm

Thanks. Good to know. Is it always on the same day (Monday, Tuesday?) of each week or it may vary?
Old Dec 16, 19, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by UAFlyer01 View Post
Thanks. Good to know. Is it always on the same day (Monday, Tuesday?) of each week or it may vary?
From this thread's wiki
When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Search this Thread