Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bradley Charles
Does anyone know how they calculate the MileagePlus Chase Spend on mystatus.united.com. I can not get it to add up to what is showing as my net spend from chase.com.
It is on a true calendar year basis and not billing periods. and it is generally reported on a weekly / sometimes bi-weekly basis.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is on a true calendar year basis and not billing periods. and it is generally reported on a weekly / sometimes bi-weekly basis.
i find mine aregenerslly updated to the Sunday the week before.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold
United Visa PQD Wavier for both primary and additional?

Hey friends,

Thinking about getting the United Explorer Visa. Will the PQD Wavier extend to both my wife and myself (knowing that one is primary card holder, one is additional), or do we both need to be primary's and get separate accounts???
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Primary only.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ericjkelly
Hey friends,

Thinking about getting the United Explorer Visa. Will the PQD Wavier extend to both my wife and myself (knowing that one is primary card holder, one is additional), or do we both need to be primary's and get separate accounts???
PQD waiver is only for primary only. So you’d both need separate accounts to get the waiver, and then would need to spend $25K on each card for both of you to get it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe

PQD waiver is only for primary only. So you’d both need separate accounts to get the waiver, and then would need to spend $25K on each card for both of you to get it.

YIKES We spend alot.....but not that much
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:01 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Do you fly separately a lot? Because if you don't. Whoever has status extends those benefits to whoever is on the same itinerary as them.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:28 pm

Chase spending PQD waiver questions

1. Found the answer!

2. Does the balance have to be paid off for it to be reported?

3. If my current billing period ends on Jan 7th 2019 but I spend 25k before Dec 31st, will it qualify for the waiver?

4. If I purchase something for $25 K on Dec 28th and then return it on January 8th, would Chase/United remove my waiver consdering that it would be the following year?

I only have 6k in PQDs but 80k PQMs and want to get the waiver so I can go up to Platinum.

Last edited by UAEWR; Dec 25, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by UAEWR
4. If I purchase something for $25 K on Dec 28th and then return it on January 8th....

Not sure about most questions, sorry.
But that scenario you describe in #4 sounds quite, err..., not-very-nice.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
1. Found the answer!

2. Does the balance have to be paid off for it to be reported?

3. If my current billing period ends on Jan 7th 2019 but I spend 25k before Dec 31st, will it qualify for the waiver?

4. If I purchase something for $25 K on Dec 28th and then return it on January 8th, would Chase/United remove my waiver consdering that it would be the following year?

I only have 6k in PQDs but 80k PQMs and want to get the waiver so I can go up to Platinum.
Before you go out of your way to spend $25K on some non-organic purchase (or in some MS fashion), ask yourself if benefits would out-weight the costs/risks - what are your travel patterns in 2019? What are you looking to get out of Plat not available as a Gold? Are you okay with getting one mile vs. higher return from other credit cards? If your username indicate EWR as your O&D, take note there are many many travelers with higher status levels.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro

I’d assume not, though I’ve never seen any DPs. But UA/Chase probably aren’t very concerned simply because it’s not a sustainable strategy. You’d now be $25k in the hole for 2019, so if you want to get the PQD waiver again you’ll have to spend a full $50k next year.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat
The only thing I'm sure of is my Tracker updates on Fridays :P

For me, the Tracker updates early Friday morning. In fact, I've recorded my spend on mystatus for the past year.

My gut feeling was that each update includes charges made 10 to 3 days prior. I recently tried to parse out which transactions are included in each update but I found it was not a simple task. For example, one week it thought I spent only $29 but the only 2 transactions that added up to that amount posted on the same day and were surrounded by other charges! Another week had $0 change but the preceding 2 weeks were full of charges. I thought maybe they were using transact dates instead of post dates but that wouldn't account for these discrepancies either.

Even more puzzling, when I added up my total YTD spend in Mint as of Dec 27, I was ~$300 short of the Tracker's figure. It's not returns or the annual fee either (those were accounted for in Mint). I have an AU but all of their transactions would make more than a ~300 deficit.

Mysteriously, the latest update (Dec 28) shows new spend of $334 but there was no way I could have spent that much in a 7 day period, especially since I stopped using my card after Dec 20 to get a better reading. So maybe Chase has back some of the "lost" spending?

Anyways, my recommendation is to meet the spend early and go by the official number. Usually I wouldn't bother trying to cut it so close (in terms of time, not spend; last year I finished with $25008) but I don't have any other MSRs (spend reqs for credit card sign up bonuses) so I wanted to optimize my spend. No use in spending an extra $1000 that could count toward next year's spend.

Update: Finished at 25004. Had to email Chase since the tracker site didn't show last year's spend.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:45 am Reason: Changed 400 to 300, updated
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:38 am

Can't seem to find the chase spend tracker on my status..
when I log in it shows

Your 2018 year-end snapshot

And by PQD only showing me $5,349
I believe my mom hit the spend on the CC.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Can't seem to find the chase spend tracker on my status..
when I log in it shows

Your 2018 year-end snapshot

And by PQD only showing me $5,349
I believe my mom hit the spend on the CC.
Mine showing the year end snapshot also...PQD ($500 short) but I hit the spend waiver in Oct.

Account summary on the regular MP summary should show the line ‘Credit Card spend PQD waiver’ with either met or not met. At least I still see that on the app. Of course, that’ll change when the zeros show up again in a few hours.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe

Mine showing the year end snapshot also...PQD ($500 short) but I hit the spend waiver in Oct.

Account summary on the regular MP summary should show the line ‘Credit Card spend PQD waiver’ with either met or not met. At least I still see that on the app. Of course, that’ll change when the zeros show up again in a few hours.
Thanks for the tip.
Worked but showing "not met"
Statement with Chase closed on the 21st with 7k bill.
Account was 4k short of the waiver so I'm hoping it'll still show

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.