Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
You've already flown 50,000 miles in this calendar year?
It isn't that uncommon, is it? I logged 56,319 in January.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by trm2
It isn't that uncommon, is it? I logged 56,319 in January.
That puts you on track for about 675,000 in the year. That's extremely uncommon.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I am a good shopper. The point here is that I have done my part in meeting the new elite qualification requirements and UA is not doing its part by updating my status "on a weekly basis." If UA can temporarily give status to people doing challenges, why do they claim they don't have the ability to give me "temporary" gold status, based on verbal confirmation from Chase and pending my next credit card posting?

Yes, I already messaged UA Insider. I truly hope he can resolve this issue.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by groobie
I am a good shopper. The point here is that I have done my part in meeting the new elite qualification requirements and UA is not doing its part by updating my status "on a weekly basis." If UA can temporarily give status to people doing challenges, why do they claim they don't have the ability to give me "temporary" gold status, based on verbal confirmation from Chase and pending my next credit card posting?

Given that it is only Mid-February, it seems that its a bit early to get all spun up over this. Why do you even care about the waiver, it seems that you are on-track to far exceed the 100k miles & $10k 1K requirement?

Last edited by kenn0223; Feb 14, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Given that it is only Mid-February, it seems that its a bit early to get all spun up over this. Why do you even care about the waiver, it seems that you are on-track to far exceed the 100k miles & $25k 1K requirement?
No waiver for 1K, and you can see why.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:36 pm

While I agree with the general theme, I really don't think you're the best poster child for this...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
No waiver for 1K, and you can see why.
Ya, that was my point. If the OP has already racked up 50k miles they should hit 100k by April and (as someone else noted) be close to 600k miles by the end of the year. Even if you're flying the cheapest fares around you'll surpass the PQD retirement for 1k easily. So why worry about the credit card waiver?

There is a long list of IT issues that impact a lot more people that UA should be focusing on over this. (Ex. making the on-line flight change system more usable during IRROPS).
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:45 pm

Ya, that was my point. If the OP has already racked up 50k miles they should hit 100k by April and (as someone else noted) be close to 600k miles by the end of the year. Even if you're flying the cheapest fares around you'll surpass the PQD retirement for 1k easily. So why worry about the credit card waiver?

There is a long list of IT issues that impact a lot more people that UA should be focusing on over this. (Ex. making the on-line flight change system more usable during IRROPS).
OP wants his status NOW.

I find this particular OP's MO odd. Apparently no (or only Silver) status on UA but then flies 50K miles in a month, at less than 2 cpm, on an airline with a concerted focus on getting rid of such folks.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AADULtArer

Ill wager the OP has no intention of maintaining this pace.

This will be moot in 2015 when the waiver amount will go up and Gold bennies trimmed anyway

Last edited by LaserSailor; Feb 14, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
MRing aside, I would too be pissed if I had 50k PQM but had zero status with United until my next CC statement posts. Particularly true if I had another 25k miles booked between now and that time that I then have to fly as a nobody or a silver instead of a gold...

Not saying there are a ton of people out there in this situation, but up to 30 days until status updates is too long.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:31 pm

I can certainly appreciate that some people don't like how I earned these miles. But I did earn them. I have looked and can't find any place on the UA website that says that the waiver is based on when my CC posts - that would be on a monthly basis for everyone. I only see where it says that it updates weekly.

Yes, it's mid-February. But later in the year, others will be in the same situation. And it would benefit them to understand that UA's position is that they will not be granted the credit card waiver until posting. This will allow them to proactively plan their credit card purchases so as not to be in the position I am in now.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I can certainly appreciate that some people don't like how I earned these miles. But I did earn them. I have looked and can't find any place on the UA website that says that the waiver is based on when my CC posts - that would be on a monthly basis for everyone. I only see where it says that it updates weekly.....
It could be UA checks with Chase weekly but Chase may be only adjusting the needed info they exchange with UA based on your monthly closing date. That is how Chase has historically handled RDM & PQM updates (and requests for early crediting of those have routinely been denied). Given this is an automated process, it is quite understandable UA will not response to verbal inputs.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:01 pm

Have you tried calling Chase and have them change your CC statement closing date to as soon as possible, to get the spend reported to UA sooner?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by gylf
Have you tried calling Chase and have them change your CC statement closing date to as soon as possible, to get the spend reported to UA sooner?
This is a pretty brilliant idea.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by gylf
Yes, I actually did try that. Rep asked her supervisor. They couldn't do it because my cc had just posted, and by law they have to give me a 25 day interest-free window to pay it off.

UAInsider is looking to see if there's anything he can do, which I do appreciate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.