Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
How does this work?
If you use any MP branded Chase credit card and accumulate more then $25,000 of qualified purchases in a calendar year, you will be exempt from the PQD requirement for Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status. It does not apply to 1K qualification.
Note: PresidentPlus primary cardholders are inherently exempt and do not have a minimum spend requirement.

When is the UA site updated with latest Chase numbers?
Consensus (2017) is this is done weekly but unclear if the same day of the week for everyone (Many believe it is Friday with spend thru the previous weekend)

Over what time period is the spending measured?
The calendar year of the activity, not the billing period based.

What cards are included?
All Chase MileagePlus branded cards including the legacy cards.
Is the Chase TravelBank Card included? Appears yes
For those with multiple cards, it is cumulative spending across all eligible cards that is counted.

Where can I see my year to date spend?
Go to mystatus.united.com, sign in, find on the righthand side "See My Chase Spend" and click on the button
Only visible for those with an eligible card and subject to the PQD requirement (USA residents). When qualified for Plat and 1K is the next level, the PQD waiver no longer applies.

Does the waiver work for authorized cardholders?
No, only the primary account cardholder.
There is only one UA MP account associated with Chase credit cards.
Print Wikipost

Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:02 pm

I've had the card for 3 months now and am getting all the regular mileage accruals. They are just not getting me PQD waiver spending. I now have two tickets logged with United but they have no ETA/SLA.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I wonder if the second card is just taking time to get through the system to be added to spend?

To your first point, it's definitely, IME, not statement cycle. I don't know if the met/not met comes from the same place where the actual amount shows on the my status site - would
be logical to, but also knowing how these kinds of systems work in general, would not at all be surprised if the updates happen differently. That said, the Mystatus site, at least for me and my wife, seems to update sometime in the afternoon on Tuesday. From what I can tell, it doesn't update to real-time at that point - perhaps to a few days prior - I'd guess they batch it based on spending either by the end of the business week prior (Friday before) or weekend (Sunday). But that's just a guess.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat
PQD Waiver for 2017?

I am sorry, as I know this must have been answered on FT but I cannot find it anywhere. Will the United-linked CCard PQD waiver continue in 2017?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I am sorry, as I know this must have been answered on FT but I cannot find it anywhere. Will the United-linked CCard PQD waiver continue in 2017?
While that is probably a reasonable assumption, UA so far, has made not allowances concerning the 2017 qualification requirements. Announcements have been getting later and later annually and sometime very soft (stealth website updates in January).
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Hyatt, United, SPG, Marriott
How long did it take you guys to get your new status once you met your credit card spend waiver (assuming you had enough PQM/PQS already)?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 4:13 am

Not sure where to ask this question:

Spend "xx" dollars on 31-Dec-2016.
Statement closes Jan-2017.
Will the xx dollars be counted as annual spend for 2016 or 2017?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ft4lyf

I wouldn't wait that long.

First thing, there is a transaction date and a posting date (I think when it clears from pending) and almost certain it will calculate based on posting date. So spending on Dec. 31 would almost certainly count toward 2017. If you did it on the 28th or so, should post by the 31st and count.

But again, I wouldn't wait that long.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kentoji
How long did it take you guys to get your new status once you met your credit card spend waiver (assuming you had enough PQM/PQS already)?
Well I have been 1k for a longtime but won't be one this year. judging by when my 2 regionals were deposited when I met platinum requirements this year ($5100 PQD & 76k PQM), it was within couple of days since my cc waiver was done months ago.
If your cc spend is the one that happens after your PQM then chase send the info to UA once a week so it won't be that long of a wait
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Generally it is a bad idea to do anything that close to the calendar year because it will depend on how the merchant handles the transaction dating -- based on order, based on their processing (can be days later), if a shipped item based on when shipped, .... Credit card transaction are many times dated different than the purchase date. And the initial pending transactions date is not a reliable indicator.

Chase uses the calendar year based transaction posting
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...soldiated.html

Originally Posted by kentoji
See the above link but it can take a week or two for Chase to notify UA
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
2017. There's no way the transaction will post the same day it's made.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:46 am

Thanks all for the responses
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG, United
Chase spending posting to United lag?

I'm counting on the chase spending to get the PQD waiver for my *A Gold status for next year, and I see that my 10k mile bonus has already been credited, but my premier progress page still shows <$25k spending accrued. Also, I know I charged over $10k to my Chase card in my last billing cycle (ending Dec 7), and miles activity shows the correct amount in miles earned from card purchases, but Premier Progress only shows am ~8k increase in spending from the last time I checked.

The numbers don't add up.
Anyone have experience with this? or should I call Chase and ask?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by aznatama
I'm counting on the chase spending to get the PQD waiver for my *A Gold status for next year, and I see that my 10k mile bonus has already been credited, but my premier progress page still shows <$25k spending accrued. Also, I know I charged over $10k to my Chase card in my last billing cycle (ending Dec 7), and miles activity shows the correct amount in miles earned from card purchases, but Premier Progress only shows am ~8k increase in spending from the last time I checked.

What does the mystatus page report for Chase spend? Is that the premier progress you are mentioning? Is the $8K about right without the most recent billing (Dec 7)?

With the billing cycle only 2 days ago, it will take up to a week for that to report to UA.

After waiting some time for the systems to sync, if still not right, contact Chase via their online secure message system.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 9, 2016 at 11:17 am Reason: secure messaging
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG, United
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What does the mystatus page report for Chase spend? Is that the premier progress you are mentioning? Is the $8K about right without the most recent billing (Dec 7)?

With the billing cycle only 2 days ago, it will take up to a week for that to report to UA.

After waiting some time for the systems to sync, if still not right, contact Chase via their online secure message system.
The Mystatus page showed ~ 15k last week, and right after my spending miles and 10k bonus hit 2 days ago, the Mystatus page now shows ~23k. Looks like they updated, but missed some charges? I guess I'll check again next week and see if it updates correctly.

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by aznatama

The PQD waiver spending is not tied to your billing cycle no matter what Chase or United reps say. The value updates every Friday for me and includes the previous week.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OCedHrt
The PQD waiver spending is not tied to your billing cycle no matter what Chase or United reps say. The value updates every Friday for me and includes the previous week.
This. Has nothing to do with billing cycle.

It does seem to update weekly. I know for me last year it seemed to update on Tuesday afternoon - I haven't paid too much attention this year, but do know it showed me hitting the waiver on the mystatus tool within about a week of me hitting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.