Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty Flight in E+, Seat Blocking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:42 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Empty Flight in E+, Seat Blocking?

I'm contemplating a SDC to a different flight coming up tomorrow, and have been watching it for a few days...It's VERY lightly loaded in everything but E-.

Yesterday, F showed all seats open except for 4. (737-900 with 20 F seats).

E+ had all seats open except for 5 showing as occupied.

E- didn't have a seat to be had...It's FULL.

Today, F has filled up a little bit, maybe 1/2 taken (upgrade list shows about 10 names on it)...

The first 2 rows of E+ are completely available, as are the 2 exit rows at the end of E+.

All of this is very normal and expected, but what threw me was that the 5 middle rows of E+, the middle seat in each row is taken on both sides of the aircraft.

No one (to my knowledge) would select a middle seat, let alone 10 times over (5 rows X 2 seats) when there are so many aisles and windows available...

On rare flights like this, are they now blocking middle seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.