Wiki Posts
Search

NY to Japan on UA metal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
NY to Japan on UA metal

Given the recent deval I was wondering if there is a way to fly premium to Japan from NYC on miles and avoid the huge markups (for example are there any UA metal flights from NYC airports to Japan?). Are there any other alternatives to avoid the large markup on premium flight service to Japan?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: JGC
UA flies from EWR to NRT. You can also connect via places like SFO, LAX, DEN, ORD, etc...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Freelancer
ANA flies JFK to NRT. Not sure how many miles you have but the *A partner award in C is only 10K miles more each way.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Awards in F/C to NRT on UA metal are pretty easy to come by. If you aren't interested in *A partner redemptions, the devaluation wasn't *too* bad.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Happy Hour
ANA flies JFK to NRT. Not sure how many miles you have but the *A partner award in C is only 10K miles more each way.
Yeah the North America to Japan J award didn't get too badly brutalized, from 60,000 to 65,000 on UA metal (8.25% higher) and 75,000 on *A (25% higher). It's the F awards that really got killed.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:23 pm

If you're headed for NRT there's nothing wrong with the EWR-NRT non-stop on the sCO 777. There's a long, long never-to-be-settled debate about the BF seat but I really like that plane and the fact that there's slightly more storage than the sUA 777 with even a place to put your shoes under the pod in front of you.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:49 pm

You can try plugging in your route and check this box "United Airlines Flights Only
(Includes United Express carriers.)" under advanced search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.