Does FQTV and FQTS still exist?

Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Does FQTV and FQTS still exist?

I'm specifically referring to the ability to input two FF numbers (one for status, another for crediting miles). The last post I see referring to this is back in 2011, premerger, where some people said that it was still possible to do this, while some people said it wasn't.

Phone agents have told me twice it's not possible, though I did manage to change my frequent flier number at the gate on a recent flight and still retain (most of) my benefits.

It's finally time I jump off the United bandwagon.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by emyh
Does FQTV and FQTS still exist? ...
for post merger UA, no.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I do this all the time with SQ; FQTV = UA and FQTS = SQ, which is how I got 1K and PPS.

What's the benefit of doing in w/ UA? Would they give Global Services just on spend even if you earned your miles elsewhere?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
What's the benefit of doing in w/ UA? Would they give Global Services just on spend even if you earned your miles elsewhere?
Use A3 *G and earn UA miles?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Was looking to use United status while switching to Asiana..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.