Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I link 2 one-way reserations so they are a round trip and then have stopover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I link 2 one-way reserations so they are a round trip and then have stopover?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I have to use 2 mileage plus accts for EUG-India round trip. I would love a stopover, but it's not allowed on one-way award. But I just read on a blog that I can link my 2 one-ways, then make a change within 24 hours after reserving. Any suggestions to make this work smoothly?
Also is a stopover and open jaw both allowed (EUG-DEL; CCU-EUG)?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elabut
....But I just read on a blog that I can link my 2 one-ways, then make a change within 24 hours after reserving. ....
No sure what this means,
BUT you can not merge 2 OWs to make a RT.

You can add to an existing OW new segments and change into a RT BUT that requires new space availability (and not an existing OW).
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

that's disappointing> I guess the rules won't change if I merge 2 ow
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elabut
that's disappointing> I guess the rules won't change if I merge 2 ow
As already mentioned, there is no way to "merge" two separate tickets - no matter what kind of tickets they are. Also no way to book a round trip award with mileage coming from two separate accounts.

The way around the latter issue is to transfer mileage (this will cost) to one account, and then book the round trip award from there.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Isn't there a combine MP Account function on .bomb Thought I saw that before. I'm on my Blackberry now so its hard for me to locate the exact page ..
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Isn't there a combine MP Account function on .bomb
Yes, but only if they are the same person. I'm guessing that isn't the OP's situation.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the combine feature on the website just combined it for website viewing. You would still have two separate PNRs. At the airport, they'd still see it as two.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by eng3
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the combine feature on the website just combined it for website viewing. You would still have two separate PNRs. At the airport, they'd still see it as two.
You are correct. No different than renaming your trip. Its for display purposes only.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

yes, miles will come from 2 different people's accounts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.