Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] -- For you: Complimentary upgrades and 20,000 Premier qualifying miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GregMM
  • Offer apparently targeted at UA elites who flew US last year and credited miles to MileagePlus (possibly targeted only at those who bought premium tickets on US and credited to MP). You can only register for a promotion for which you were targeted, so this will only help if you were targeted but for some reason didn't get or lost the email.
  • No offer for people whose primary address is non-US
  • 4 RPU + 4 UC passes
    http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTW
  • Some 1Ks get 4 RPUs + 20K PQM
    http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTY
  • Some 1Ks get 4 RPUs only, no PQM
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTU
  • Platinums get instant upgrade to 1K till 05/31 with 35K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+4RPU)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTT
  • Golds get instant upgrade to Platinum till 05/31 with 18K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+2RPU)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTS
  • Slivers get instant upgrade to Gold till 05/31 with 12.5K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+15,000 bonus award miles also)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTR
Print Wikipost

[Targeted] -- For you: Complimentary upgrades and 20,000 Premier qualifying miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ani90
Does this mean then that those who got this email and who fly 35,000 PQM by end of May are exempt from PQD requirements??? Seems the MP system is now free falling into confusion. Do you buy bulk tickets as well?
this is only for 2014 - PQDs are for 2015 qualification

overall this seems to be quite limited in terms of recipients - i wouldn't freak out over some extra RPUs floating around and elited competing for upgrades

would love to get smth myself though
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
There is no PQD requirement for status expiring January, 2015.
Thanks for clarification.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Quote:

Originally Posted by ani90

Does this mean then that those who got this email and who fly 35,000 PQM by end of May are exempt from PQD requirements??? Seems the MP system is now free falling into confusion. Do you buy bulk tickets as well?

There is no PQD requirement for status expiring January, 2015.
Good point. So that means even if you use the promo for Plat or 1K you still have to qualify the old fashioned way (which is now the new PQD+PQM way) for status that lasts through Jan of 2016.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by azepine00
overall this seems to be quite limited in terms of recipients
Really? Of all the targeted offers I've seen this year, this one seems to have the highest report rate.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by FreFly
If you are correct, then "the best customers of United" are those who flew US last year. I wonder which airline one has to cheat on UA with this year to become the best customer.
Interesting point...I'm in PHL and although I flew UA much more than US last year, I have been happy to fly US non-stop to many destinations and earn MP miles.

Hard to speculate what algorithm they use in determining who to target with what.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Come to think of it, I did have a few trips on US credited to UA last year, including a r/t in C to FRA. Besides, I'm based in PIT which is technically not a US hub anymore but they still have a big operation here. So the US line seems to be plausible.

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Got a 4 RPU offer, no PQM. This year I had two paid trips (leftovers from last year), one paid C on hold (my TA booked as a placeholder but I'm thinking of switching to AA/CX because they are much cheaper), and four F/C award bookings, so I'm not sure how they guessed I'm leaving .
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
If you are correct, then "the best customers of United" are those who flew US last year. I wonder which airline one has to cheat on UA with this year to become the best customer.
There is no way in ANY WAY that anything in this offer is meant to reward a flyer or say thanks to a flyer. This is only about manipulating the flyer in some way or another.

This airline does not do anything EVER that is not only in their own best interest
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Gold with the Platinum upgrade plus 2 RPUs until May 31 2014. If I get 18K miles by then, Platinum extended until end of year. It actually looks good for me as I have 2 flights to LHR, 1 to SFO, plus a couple of shorter flights in that time frame.

I'm not sure what triggered this, but I do split my time between PHL and EWR, so often used US as an alternative to UA. And in fact, will miss those cheaper fares a lot. I also will spend far more than 5K to retain my Gold status. Most of my flights are to Europe or the west coast from EWR.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
United. First they are asking us to spend $10k+ and now they are giving away 1K like candy or 4 RPUs for selected 1Ks. What a joke Seriously considering retAAliating
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a fling with US and I told UA about it. I did not cheat on UA You should probably do it with an airline that has the youngest narrowbody fleet to get UA really jealous
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by cfischer
United. First they are asking us to spend $10k+ and now they are giving away 1K like candy or 4 RPUs for selected 1Ks. What a joke Seriously considering retAAliating
Absolutely pathetic and insulting.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
There is no way in ANY WAY that anything in this offer is meant to reward a flyer or say thanks to a flyer. This is only about manipulating the flyer in some way or another.

This airline does not do anything EVER that is not only in their own best interest
No truer words have been written on FT! Hammer...Nail...Head!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K - National Executive.
I got the same email. I registered. We will see if its legit. NOTE: the 20,000 miles is only for 2015 status and CANNOT be used for an award ticket.

"2. The registered member will also receive 20,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) valid toward the 2015 Program year. Premier qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply."

Last edited by GergoryWilson; Jan 24, 2014 at 7:31 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
It's fair for them to ask, more or less every offer like this in the past had a code even when you had a link to click
Love your "Programs:" information lol
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GergoryWilson
I got the same email. I registered. We will see if its legit. NOTE: the 20,000 miles is only for 2015 status and CANNOT be used for an award ticket.
Yes, that is the definition of PQM and in the title of this thread.

I think this also means no rollover will be in the works this year - someone at UA would say "how about those 20,000 we handed out"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.