Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] -- For you: Complimentary upgrades and 20,000 Premier qualifying miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GregMM
  • Offer apparently targeted at UA elites who flew US last year and credited miles to MileagePlus (possibly targeted only at those who bought premium tickets on US and credited to MP). You can only register for a promotion for which you were targeted, so this will only help if you were targeted but for some reason didn't get or lost the email.
  • No offer for people whose primary address is non-US
  • 4 RPU + 4 UC passes
    http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTW
  • Some 1Ks get 4 RPUs + 20K PQM
    http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTY
  • Some 1Ks get 4 RPUs only, no PQM
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTU
  • Platinums get instant upgrade to 1K till 05/31 with 35K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+4RPU)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTT
  • Golds get instant upgrade to Platinum till 05/31 with 18K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+2RPU)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTS
  • Slivers get instant upgrade to Gold till 05/31 with 12.5K miles challenge for entire 2014 (+15,000 bonus award miles also)
    link: http://news.united.com/servlet/formlink/f?JHQSTCTR
Print Wikipost

[Targeted] -- For you: Complimentary upgrades and 20,000 Premier qualifying miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ajklink
I was the same: Silver -> Gold and I met the 12,500 a month ago. Mine is showing Gold still (and my MP card in the app no longer shows "trial" and instead shows "valid thru 1/2015").
Thank you. The fact that your MP card in the app reflected a new end date (and mine still said "Trial Status" even after I qualified) had me a bit concerned and I didn't want to wait if this took time to resolve. I just called the Premier Priority Desk. The rep said there was some kind of glitch with my account and fixed it on the spot. I had to login and logout of my account to see the updated status. Now my card in the app shows Gold with a 1/2015 expiration date as well.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MattR23
The rep said there was some kind of glitch with my account and fixed it on the spot. I had to login and logout of my account to see the updated status. Now my card in the app shows Gold with a 1/2015 expiration date as well.
Glad to hear it was fixed, MattR23.

Still nothing on the 20K bonus miles for having met the 12,500 miles during the trial period though. I'll wait another few weeks (beyond 5/31) to see if they post and check back here to see whether others' have.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Mine stayed Gold and my app card also no longer says Trial status. I wish I could get them to send me a card or a luggage tag or something. That card in the app isn't going to do any good when I'm in a a country in an airport without wifi.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Mine stayed Gold and my app card also no longer says Trial status. I wish I could get them to send me a card or a luggage tag or something. That card in the app isn't going to do any good when I'm in a a country in an airport without wifi.
Take a screen shot...
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Take a screen shot...
That's a good idea, but I've been a couple places dealing with partner airlines where they didn't even really understand the app at all and I really wished I had the card then!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Another data point here...

I was platinum and got the 1K challenge back in February. I flew 37,000 United PQMs during the challenge period exceeding the 35,000 PQM threshold. My status reverted to platinum last night. I have an email into 1Kvoice to see what's going on and will report back.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by tonyflysco
Another data point here...

I was platinum and got the 1K challenge back in February. I flew 37,000 United PQMs during the challenge period exceeding the 35,000 PQM threshold. My status reverted to platinum last night. I have an email into 1Kvoice to see what's going on and will report back.
They also owe you 2 extra RPU's.

5. Registered members who successfully complete qualifying travel will also receive 2 Regional Premier® Upgrades after the promotion period ends on May 31, 2014.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:46 am

Here is the response I got from 1Kvoice this morning. Any reason to follow up or should I just wait? Seems like others got their new permanent status immediately.

------------------------------------------

Hello tonyflysco,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. Thanks for writing.

It normally takes 7-10 business days for the computer to recognize that you successfully completed the promotion and have earned 1K Premier Status. Thank you in advance for your patience.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:17 am

Status posted to 1K last night. Apparently took a day for the computers to process the status.

Here is the response I got from 1Kvoice this morning. Any reason to follow up or should I just wait? Seems like others got their new permanent status immediately.

Hello tonyflysco,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. Thanks for writing.

It normally takes 7-10 business days for the computer to recognize that you successfully completed the promotion and have earned 1K Premier Status. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Status posted to 1K last night. Apparently took a day for the computers to process the status.

Hello tonyflysco,

"1K Premier"
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Today I received the Premier Gold card and luggage tag in the mail from qualifying for this promotion. I wasn't sure whether I would or not, so it was a nice surprise. Expiration date on the card is 1/31/2015.

Incidentally, I'm now very close to the regular qualification criteria for Premier Gold. It's been nice to have it early.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:55 pm

I just got mine in the mail too. Wasn't expecting to get anything, and I'll definitely be losing it in 2015, so good to have for now. Someone stole my Silver tag in China, so hopefully this sticks around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.