Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL-GUM island hopper in F: no power?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Yes, you should go. I was Peace Corps in the Marshall Islands for two years, and taught school in Guam for three, so am familiar with those flights. The islands are all very different, and I think of the Chruk lagoon which you see when landing as really lovely. You used to be able to buy handicrafts at the airports where you landed and I assume that's still true. It's a rare experience, so go!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Great insights from everyone on this experience. One potentially appealing thing would be the ability to buy local crafts in the airports or mail postcards home with the help of the vendor. How many of the intermediate airports make this possible? (Obviously with the exception of KWA where I wouldn't even get off the plane, but maybe at Majuro, Kosrae, Pohnpei, and Chuuk?)
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I always assume the power isn't going to work and pack accordingly, including an extra battery for my laptop. If you're mainly looking for tablet/phone power, get one or two of these:

http://www.amazon.com/15000mAh-Porta...=anker+battery

I have one, fully charges my Note 3 *FOUR* times. Will get your iPad at least once. Isn't bad for space or weight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.