SFO-PER with Stopover

Old Jan 22, 14, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL Gold Million-Mile
SFO-PER with Stopover

I am pricing a SFO-PER round trip for February 2014 on ual.com.
The price comes up as US$1886 with SFO-SYD on UAL.
The SYD-PER part is on Qantas.

I would really like to spend a few days in SYD on the way home so I tried "Multiple Destinations" but then the fare jumps to north of US$10K!
For the SYD-PER-SYD legs the system routes me via AKL on Air NZ.
It would be (far) less expensive for me to fly clear back to SFO then again to SYD!

Is there any way on ual.com for me to include a stop over for a few days in SYD during PER-SFO at a total cost in the neighborhood of $1886?
Old Jan 22, 14, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by bervol View Post

I would really like to spend a few days in SYD on the way home so I tried "Multiple Destinations" but then the fare jumps to north of US$10K!
It would be (far) less expensive for me to fly clear back to SFO then again to SYD!

Is there any way on ual.com for me to include a stop over for a few days in SYD during PER-SFO at a total cost in the neighborhood of $1886?
the fare rules wont allow that long of a stop over. Your best bet is to book SFO-SYD and SYD-PER separately. This is probably the cheapest option.

Or book on NZ and fly SFO-AKL-PER; then open jaw SYD-AKL-SFO on the way back which should be a legal routing. Might cost a little more than UA; im guessing ~$2200.
Old Jan 22, 14, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Col Ronson View Post
the fare rules wont allow that long of a stop over. Your best bet is to book SFO-SYD and SYD-PER separately. This is probably the cheapest option.
I think this is complicated by the fact that *A doesn't provide any intra-Australia service. Perhaps a travel agent can construct a ticketing option that achieves what you want without the crazy fare increase. There's probably some way to construct this as a SFO-SYD roundtrip with SYD-PER legally nested inside.
Old Jan 22, 14, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bervol View Post

Matrix is pricing out an itinerary at $2100 in Feb, but you'd need to call UA or a travel agent to have them book it. Or you could book SFO-PER//SYD-SFO on UA for the same price as SYD-PER/PER-SYD and spend AU$234 with JetStar to go PER-SYD.
Old Jan 22, 14, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by alex_b View Post
Matrix is pricing out an itinerary at $2100 in Feb, but you'd need to call UA or a travel agent to have them book it. Or you could book SFO-PER//SYD-SFO on UA for the same price as SYD-PER/PER-SYD and spend AU$234 with JetStar to go PER-SYD.
+1. This should definitely be bookable by calling UA. It's a United S class fare SFO-PER-SFO and it allows stopovers.

Fare 1: Carrier UA SKE0ZCM0 SFO to PER (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code S, Q
Covers SFO-SYD (Economy), SYD-PER (Economy)
$648.50 Base fare is $548, $100 stopover fee per fare rules

Fare 2: Carrier UA SKE0ZCM0 PER to SFO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code Q, S
Covers PER-SYD (Economy), SYD-SFO (Economy)
$548.50

Total is just under $2100.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: