Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS Reception & Security Lanes experiences at EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS Reception & Security Lanes experiences at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Its supposed to be open. Old one is closed as of this am. Maroon coats prevented me from getting to the GS check in and I had to use the Corporate Select check in. Staff there were useless in directing me or getting me to the new GS check in. Also all exterior signage still directs to the old one. Old one has the "Global Services" ripped off the wall, and the doors are shut. They have some work to do here.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:32 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Details on new GS Reception at EWR

Hi everyone,

The new Global Reception at EWR is indeed now open. Details can be found at a press release we just issued.

As the release mentioned, EWR Global Reception is located adjacent to the C-2 security checkpoint, and has four check-in positions, a seating area and direct access to a new set of security lanes, including PreCheck. If arriving EWR by car/taxi, the best way to get to Global Reception is to be dropped off at Door 4 on the upper level (which is now all Premier Access). Take the escalator down to the C-2 security checkpoint on the mid-level/mezzanine area, where the Global Reception is located. There's also signage at the GS check-in area indicating where the new one is located.

To access Global Reception, you must be a Global Services member, traveling with a GS, or departing EWR in United Global First.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS
I stumbled upon it and went through today. Very nice, and a breeze through security.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So, are the new security lanes GS/GF-only?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
So, are the new security lanes GS/GF-only?
Today, yes, from discrete scanning of my neighbors. Early football traffic definitely hitting EWR.

There are a lot of people here who don't seem to have any necks...

Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Photos please when available!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:01 pm

How can they stop anyone from using the security lanes sound those are run by the TSA? Obviously a Global Services check in is fine, but I imagine the TSA agents will be less busy then an average agent and I have no desire to subsidize TSA agents manning GS only lanes.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:29 pm

It's not actually a dedicated GS lane. It's more like a dedicated GS entrance to a lane. I was the only one in the GS check in area for a few minutes, and when I went through the doors to security, there was a fair number of people already there and coming in from another direction. You are inserted into the line right where the TSA agent is, so you're not actually waiting in any line, but it's not an entirely dedicated GS security area (like the Virgin setup at LHR).

The global GS program manager was at check in and introduced himself. Made mention of new services coming soon. Very nice, enthusiastic guy that was appropriately gracious and thankful for the business.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by AA-NYC
It's not actually a dedicated GS lane. It's more like a dedicated GS entrance to a lane. I was the only one in the GS check in area for a few minutes, and when I went through the doors to security, there was a fair number of people already there and coming in from another direction. You are inserted into the line right where the TSA agent is, so you're not actually waiting in any line, but it's not an entirely dedicated GS security area (like the Virgin setup at LHR).

The global GS program manager was at check in and introduced himself. Made mention of new services coming soon. Very nice, enthusiastic guy that was appropriately gracious and thankful for the business.
Took them this long into the merger process to get something like this set up at EWR?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

The new Global Reception at EWR is indeed now open. Details can be found at a press release we just issued.

As the release mentioned, EWR Global Reception is located adjacent to the C-2 security checkpoint, and has four check-in positions, a seating area and direct access to a new set of security lanes, including PreCheck. If arriving EWR by car/taxi, the best way to get to Global Reception is to be dropped off at Door 4 on the upper level (which is now all Premier Access). Take the escalator down to the C-2 security checkpoint on the mid-level/mezzanine area, where the Global Reception is located. There's also signage at the GS check-in area indicating where the new one is located.

To access Global Reception, you must be a Global Services member, traveling with a GS, or departing EWR in United Global First.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Being a Continental base, there are very few flights that offer Global First ex EWR. Based on this language, I'm guessing Domestic first connecting to Global (say at Chicago) won't be able to use this line, unless GS?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Being a Continental base, there are very few flights that offer Global First ex EWR. Based on this language, I'm guessing Domestic first connecting to Global (say at Chicago) won't be able to use this line, unless GS?
If it's same day GF, I'm thinking you probably can
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by AA-NYC

The global GS program manager was at check in and introduced himself. Made mention of new services coming soon.
Such as?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Photos please when available!
Here's UA's promotional photo

Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
......departing EWR in United Global First.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: One Pass
Mid July 2014 Round Trip Global First Flights:
9 Departures and 9 arrival (for connections)

EWRAMS X1
EWRFRA X1
EWRBRU X1
EWRCDG X2
EWRLHR X4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.