Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase UA Club Card and lounge admission question

Old Jan 17, 14, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles

I have a UA Club Chase credit card and have an upcoming trip in May where I am traveling with my wife and who will be then 20 month old daughter....

I am transiting through FRA where I will use the LH lounge. However, UA Club membership allows one guest. Will it be an issue taking my wife and my daughter given that it will be 3 of us not 2?
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Bonvoy Ambassador | WN A-List | Avis First | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by compuser1973 View Post
I have a UA Club Chase credit card and have an upcoming trip in May where I am traveling with my wife and who will be then 20 month old daughter....

I am transiting through FRA where I will use the LH lounge. However, UA Club membership allows one guest. Will it be an issue taking my wife and my daughter given that it will be 3 of us not 2?
Given that the *A policy is:
Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
Customer is entitled to one guest
I'd suspect the LH lounge dragons in FRA will adhere strictly to this policy depending on their definition of "Guest".
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by B6UA View Post
Given that the *A policy is:
Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
Customer is entitled to one guest
I'd suspect the LH lounge dragons in FRA will adhere strictly to this policy depending on their definition of "Guest".
And in my experience, LH lounge dragons, usually a contract worker who is checking credentials, do adhere to policy rather strictly.
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold

I am not sure if your Chase Club card would grant you entry in the LH lounge as the Chase Club card guarantees entry into UC's. Unless your chase card explicitly says Star Alliance Lounge on it (Like it would on a standalone UC membership card), you might not be allowed to enter. When I recently accessed the LH lounge in FRA with my UC Membership card, they checked it for star alliance lounge symbol. You might want to call and verify about entry into *A lounges just with the Chase Club Card
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 View Post
I am not sure if your Chase Club card would grant you entry in the LH lounge as the Chase Club card guarantees entry into UC's. Unless your chase card explicitly says Star Alliance Lounge on it (Like it would on a standalone UC membership card), you might not be allowed to enter. When I recently accessed the LH lounge in FRA with my UC Membership card, they checked it for star alliance lounge symbol. You might want to call and verify about entry into *A lounges just with the Chase Club Card
OP gets a real United Club Lounge card with that credit card. It will let him in many of the *A lounges. Though not all of them.
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
OP gets a real United Club Lounge card with that credit card. It will let him in many of the *A lounges. Though not all of them.
Oh in that case, you should be good to go. The FRA LH staff should be able to accomodate you and your family. I dont think they would really mind a child as I have seen many families come in together.
Old Jan 18, 14, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
The membership terms do say *A lounges - so know I can get FRA lounge. Now hoping they don't create a stink for having a 20 month old in addition to "one guest"...
Old Jan 18, 14, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
FWIW, I was told yesterday at EWR UA club in C concourse that they will allow children under 2 years free in addition to a second guest.
Old Jan 18, 14, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by aglp2k View Post
FWIW, I was told yesterday at EWR UA club in C concourse that they will allow children under 2 years free in addition to a second guest.
That works for United Clubs, but may not work for LH lounges.
Old Jan 19, 14, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
family members (children) are allowed with member and 1 adult guest… FRA didn't even blink.
Old Jan 19, 14, 11:31 am
RJ1

The membership terms do say *A lounges - so know I can get FRA lounge. Now hoping they don't create a stink for having a 20 month old in addition to "one guest"...
I was at the LH lounge in MUC recently with my UC card. They definitely do not allow more than one adult guest, but hopefully you will not have a problem with your child.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: