Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Invitation to SFO Terminal 3E

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I uploaded all the photos I took onto my Flickr (including bathroom shots ). Hope you enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115581786@N08/
Very nice! I hope my Thursday departure is out of the new area. Does anyone know which flights are where? I'm on 1528 to BOS, leaving at (ugh) 6am.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
Nice event yesterday. Packed with lots of families. Nice touch to have the many children-centric stations (origami folding station, tattoo, mural painting) etc.

So does this mean that all the UA T1 flights immediately move back to T3 now?

And where is the new United Club going to be located at 3E ? Didn't see a whole lot of empty space.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by CMK10
The new concourse looks amazing, like the kind of place you don't even mind not having lounge access at ^
That is a great point I had not thought of yet--you are absolutely right!

Tim
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Nice event yesterday. Packed with lots of families. Nice touch to have the many children-centric stations (origami folding station, tattoo, mural painting) etc.

And where is the new United Club going to be located at 3E ? Didn't see a whole lot of empty space.
The United Club is going to be just to the left of where you entered the terminal. There is also supposed to be a GS desk just inside the entrance as well.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sfonorth
Nope...I think May was tossed around as a target date for that.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Very nice! I hope my Thursday departure is out of the new area. Does anyone know which flights are where? I'm on 1528 to BOS, leaving at (ugh) 6am.
The first scheduled departure out of the new boarding area is scheduled for this Tuesday FLT 276 to JFK @7:05a
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:20 am

The definitive T3E, and T3, thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-than-t2.html

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
New terminal at SFO: hard hat tour (photos)

http://thebat-sf.com/2013/12/02/new-...Traveler%29%29

–Chris McGinnis

"The new Boarding Area E will open on Tuesday, January 28th say airport officials and the design-build team of Hensel Phelps and Gensler.

United’s flights that currently operate out of Terminal 1 will move to Terminal 3 between February and May. (Currently, passengers checking in at Terminal 3, but with flights departing United Terminal 1, must take shuttle buses under the airport to get to their flights.) Boarding area E will be used for United’s mainline flights—United Express flights will use Boarding Area F."

Club Situation:

"A new United Club will open (estimated summer 2015) in the newly expanded concourse area that connects Boarding Area E with the rest of Terminal 3. (See diagram above.) However, construction has not begun, so it’s going to be a while. In the meantime, United Club members will be able to use a temporary United Club located on the mezzanine level between the current main security checkpoint and Boarding Area E. (This vacant space was a previous Red Carpet Club if anyone can remember back that far…United says that renovation of the space should begin soon, and should open by June 2014.)"

Isn't this where people have been speculating that a Centurion Lounge would be?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope...I think May was tossed around as a target date for that.
May is the timeframe.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I was a bit surprised to see a flight actually posted on the displays at the new gate 69. I didn't think they were operating T3E. It took me a while to realize that the new gate was displaying live data on its signs even though operations were taking place at the old gate 69.

I enjoyed getting to see the new p.s. layout. Too bad I don't fly to NYC enough to actually get to fly it!

Originally Posted by CMK10
The new concourse looks amazing, like the kind of place you don't even mind not having lounge access at ^
Agreed. As you can see in kirkwoodj's photos, it's open, bright, and most definitely not cookie cutter. I wonder what they'll put in for permanent seating since they obviously had a lot of open spaces that will need to be filled in near the gates.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 26, 2014 at 5:27 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Didn't get invited to the VIP event, but attended the public event, which was great. I've never been in the pmUA J or F seats, so it was nice getting to try those out on the 777 tour. Sitting in the UC before heading home last night, took this (grainy, terrible) pic of them loading stuff into (or taking stuff out of) the new terminal directly through a jet bridge aligned with a tractor-trailer:

Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Wow great photos. I missed out on the chance to go but I hope to fly in/out of there soon.

Side note: I would really like a Boeing winglet table for my house...
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by sf4dfish
I was there from noon to 3pm. Met a couple of FT'ers, one local from East Bay and the
Other from Austin, TX.
That was me...Nice to meet you!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
That was me...Nice to meet you!
Yes, it was great to meet you!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Great event, plus I got to meet UA_Insider in the Premier lounge!

Burger from Mission Bar & Grill was pretty good, too.

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.