Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to book OS J class on UA miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:03 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Legend717
So I'm trying to book award travel for may, and I'm obviously in a hurry to complete the booking before redemption rates go up...
But the only options to book on Austrian are for coach- both saver and easypass. There aren't even easypass tickets in Biz.
Can I book Austrian biz class seats using United miles?
What about a Y-fare buyup using miles?
Would this need to be handled over the phone with one of UA's agents?
The other option would be LH J on the 748, which IS exciting, but I wanted to try Austrian with their onboard chef service!
Thanks folks!
It appears that Austrian opens up award availability in business about 90 days in advance, so hopefully your trip falls within this time period before the deval

Source
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:13 am

I booked on 11/5/13 ORD-VIE-FRA and flew on 1/5/14 on OS in J ORD-VIE-CGN

I was patiently waiting for saver J to open from mid Sept to 11/5 when I finally saw it and booked it. I was looking again prob once a day from 11/7 to 12/31 because I wanted to switch my final destination from FRA to CGN and NOTHING was available except non saver LH and UA (once LX popped up but was gone within minutes). I was resigned to going to FRA and taking a train to Cologne but got lucky with the big storm in ORD on 1/5 and missed my connection and got a free switch to CGN after arriving in VIE.

That being said, just keep looking and be ready to book it when it opens as it goes quick. The flight was spectacular and well worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.