FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1537525-mileageplus-million-mile-beyond-flyer-benefits.html)

pdx1M Jan 1, 2014 12:16 pm

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits

This is the first year that I will be a 1K only by virtue of my 3MM status (i.e., I qualified for 2013 1K via PQMs in addition to being a 3MMer). Has anyone had any experience with when the GPUs etc. deposit for folks in this situation? This would include 2MM Plats who would see 2 RPUs as well since I assume whatever sweep they do to deposit the instruments would be the same. Just curious as to when I should expect to see them in the account?

goingbananas Jan 1, 2014 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by pdx1M (Post 22062688)
This is the first year that I will be a 1K only by virtue of my 3MM status (i.e., I qualified for 2013 1K via PQMs in addition to being a 3MMer). Has anyone had any experience with when the GPUs etc. deposit for folks in this situation? This would include 2MM Plats who would see 2 RPUs as well since I assume whatever sweep they do to deposit the instruments would be the same. Just curious as to when I should expect to see them in the account?

I was a LT 1K when the conversion happened and this is what happened for me:

1) got my 6 GPU's
2) got my 2 RPU's

IIRC, I got my GPU's and RPU's mid month (Jan).

Why this continues to be a unresolved question in the thread, I have no idea as I have first hand experience with this.

Curious to see if I get my 2 RPU's as a MMer someday...I guess that one is up to the Judge....
YMMV....

CalRef Jan 1, 2014 1:19 pm

Question re: Lifetime RCC for 2MM

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it within this thread. On December 31, 2012 I was at 1.985MM as a 1k and reached 2mm during January, 2013. Am I entitled to lifetime United Club membership? If so, how do I attempt to claim it.

As always, thanks for your help.

Baze Jan 1, 2014 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by CalRef (Post 22063031)
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it within this thread. On December 31, 2012 I was at 1.985MM as a 1k and reached 2mm during January, 2013. Am I entitled to lifetime United Club membership? If so, how do I attempt to claim it.

As always, thanks for your help.

Sorry, that benefit was eliminated for 2MM when the 2 programs merged.

bseller Jan 1, 2014 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by CalRef (Post 22063031)
On December 31, 2012 I was at 1.985MM as a 1k and reached 2mm during January, 2013. Am I entitled to lifetime United Club membership?

The lifetime RCC membership reward at 2mm was rescinded at the time of the merger.
Some have reported that people "close" to this milestone WERE awarded RCC membership.
I think you could call MP service, but I would NOT hold my breath.
Dave

SFO_FT Jan 1, 2014 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by bseller (Post 22063061)
The lifetime RCC membership reward at 2mm was rescinded at the time of the merger.
Some have reported that people "close" to this milestone WERE awarded RCC membership.
I think you could call MP service, but I would NOT hold my breath.
Dave

As I understand it, one would need to have flown enough to get to the 2MM by the end of 2012 and then UA would make an exception to grant the RCC-for-life promised benefit. Would have been nice if UA had mentioned this to their close-to-2MM customers at the time. I only learned about this exception from UA recently.

ocn2ocn Jan 3, 2014 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 22063088)
As I understand it, one would need to have flown enough to get to the 2MM by the end of 2012 and then UA would make an exception to grant the RCC-for-life promised benefit. Would have been nice if UA had mentioned this to their close-to-2MM customers at the time. I only learned about this exception from UA recently.

This is one of my greatest frustrations and I believe that I did reach 2MM by the end of 2012 -- but not in time for the actual closing of the merger. Is there and exception policy under which this benefit may still be granted? Thanks.

WineCountryUA Jan 3, 2014 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ocn2ocn (Post 22078732)
This is one of my greatest frustrations and I believe that I did reach 2MM by the end of 2012 -- but not in time for the actual closing of the merger. Is there and exception policy under which this benefit may still be granted? Thanks.

You can try --- it appeared to be an informal unpublicized policy. Trying a year later may be too late.

ocn2ocn Jan 4, 2014 11:39 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 22078815)
You can try --- it appeared to be an informal unpublicized policy. Trying a year later may be too late.

Thanks, is there any particular group or department I should reach out to for this? Very disappointing if they extend this to some but not others.

WineCountryUA Jan 4, 2014 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ocn2ocn (Post 22082906)
Thanks, is there any particular group or department I should reach out to for this? ...

Have you try MPSC?? waiting isn't going to improve your chances.

Originally Posted by ocn2ocn (Post 22082906)
.... Very disappointing if they extend this to some but not others.

from what was posted, it was on request only and particularly circumstance were probably looked at.

sandyk112 Jan 6, 2014 7:46 am

Qualification requirements for Million Milers

Does the "four flights on United" qualification requirement apply to Million Milers hoping to cling on to their Staralliance gold status?

[Apologies if this has been answered on an existing thread]

Sandy

sfosyd Jan 6, 2014 7:57 am

No. You will maintain million miler status or more regardless of flights taken or money spent.

bmvaughn Jan 8, 2014 2:21 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1537525-mileageplus-millio

A nice touch by United to send this out...

Dear bmvaughn,

We are excited that you are approaching a remarkable milestone: flying one million miles with United® and MileagePlus®. Once you are a 1 Million Miler, you will enjoy benefits that reflect your accomplishment, including status that will not fall below Premier® Gold.*

We look forward to welcoming you as a 1 Million Miler in the near future.

Sincerely,
Thomas F. O'Toole
President, MileagePlus
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Loyalty
United Airlines
I applaud UA for sending this out to folks who are close to MM (I am ~34k away), hope they sent something similar to existing MMers to thank them for their loyalty over the years.

flyinbob Jan 8, 2014 2:24 pm

I didn't get anything. Still don't. It simply isn't the big deal it used to be pre-merger.

goalie Jan 8, 2014 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 22113097)
A nice touch by United to send this out...

I applaud UA for sending this out to folks who are close to MM (I am ~34k away), hope they sent something similar to existing MMers to thank them for their loyalty over the years.

Just a new MP card showing 1MM status and a leather luggage tag with a 2nd MM MP card in it for me