Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MM roll call thread: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

UA offers a way to earn status based on accumulative (lifetime) flight.
Lifetime Premier status

The Million Miler program grants lifetime Premier status to all qualifying members, even if they fly less in the future. Lifetime miles are earned based on the flight distance of United- and United Express®-operated flights. Basic Economy tickets do not earn lifetime flight miles.
(How are "lifetime miles" calculated for MileagePlus?)
Here are the status benefits of the Million Miler program:

You can earn (the old fashioned way, same thresholds) higher status, but with MMers status, you will never fall below the MMer status level.
Annual companion Premier status

As a Million Miler, you may invite your spouse or significant other to share your current Premier status. This membership is nontransferable and will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise.

See companion eligibility terms and conditions at the bottom of this page for more details.

To select or review your companion or to change your companion for the next calendar year, visit united.com/MMcompanion.
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I get a "permanent / lifetime" card?

No, you get an annual card, as everyone else does. It will have an MM insignia. A permanent card would not make sense because you may earn a higher status than your MMer status.

Do I need to do anything to maintain MMer status? Recent flights? 4 segments? some PQMs or PQDs

No, you need to do nothing.

Will 2MM flyers receive 2 RPUs annually?

Yes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21007782-post85.html :

Originally Posted by UA Insider

All 3 Million Milers will receive 6 GPUs at the beginning of 2015, unless they were already earned through the published criteria.
Similarly, 2 Million Milers will receive 2 RPUs at the beginning of 2015, unless already earned by the published criteria.
Will 3MM flyers receive 6 GPUs annually?

Yes. See above.

Since a 3MM flyer is also a 2MM flyer, will 3MM flyers also receive 2 RPUs annually?

According to an email exchange on 1/15/2014 with 1Kvoice as a 3MM LT 1K one should see 6 GPUs and 2 RPUs by end of January if one didn't fly the miles last year. Those xPUs in fact deposited 1/16/2014.

Pre-merger United 1MM flyers were promised two Confirmed Regional upgrades per year. Were they grandfathered into two RPUs per year?

No. And a class action suit claiming this was a breach of contract with pre-merger MM members was denied by a court, so this issue appears to be closed. For more: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...judgmt-ua.html

Pre-merger United 2MM flyers were promised a Red Carpet Club lounge membership for life. Will they be grandfathered into a lifetime United Club membership?

Yes, but they need to call the MileagePlus service center.

I was close to 2MM status before January 1, 2012, and was on a pace to reach 2MM BIS before January 1, 2013. Should I have received a lifetime membership?

Some have. Call the MileagePlus service center.

2 and 3 Million Miler Gift
Changed to RDM bonus in 2020

If I have Million Mile or Beyond status, do I have to fly 4 segments annually on UA/UX metal to keep my status?

Presently, no, for your earned MM status, nothing more is needed. However, if you want a higher elite status than one your Million Mile or Beyond status gives you, then you have to fly the 4 segments and credit to them to M+.

If I have Million Mile or Beyond status, do I have to earn PQDs to keep my status?

Presently, no, for your earned MM status, nothing more is needed. However, if you want a higher elite status than one your Million Mile or Beyond status gives you, then you have to earn the required PQDs for that status. Your Million Mile and Beyond status do not give you a jump start on PQDs, PQMs, or PQSes toward a higher elite status.

Million Mile Program FAQs

Terms and conditions for MileagePlus Million Miler companion benefit

FT thread: Million Miler companion benefit

Frequently Made Points (2012)
  • Many lifetime CO elites made gains with the new program:
    • Lifetime silvers become lifetime golds
    • Infinite elites became lifetime 1Ks
  • Many lifetime UA elites made gains with the new program:
    • The one-time adjustment to recalculate lifetime miles to be equal to lifetime PQM boosted most lifetime totals, and many people were elevated to the first or next tier of the MM program.
    • The companion program benefited most elites.
    • The addition of lifetime platinum to existing 2MMer grandfathered lifetime United Club membership was a benefit for all pre-existing 2MMers.
    • The replacement of lifetime United Club with platinum was a benefit for those people between 1MM and 2MM lifetime miles who valued a higher upgrade priority.
    • For people at or aiming toward 4MM, the introduction of lifetime GS at 4MM
    • Leather luggage tags
  • Many lifetime CO elites had losses with the new program:
    • Moving forward, PQMs do not count toward lifetime status.
  • Many lifetime UA elites had losses with the new program:
    • For 1MM and 2MM elites, the loss of 100% RDM bonus (reduced to 50% and 75% respectively)
    • For 1MM elites, the loss of two annual CR-1s (nka RPUs)
    • For people over 1MM but not "close enough" to 2MM, the loss of the opportunity to get lifetime United Club membership.
    • The loss of one-time gifts of extra SWUs (nka GPUs)
    • The inflation of membership numbers negating the significance of flying an actual one million BIS miles on UA metal, i.e. "Million Mile Flyers"
Related thread: Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary
Print Wikipost

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 2 Million Miler, UA 1K, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Just reached 2,000,000 BIS miles yesterday, at 156 miles outside of Guam on the flight to Manila. Unlike others, there was no acknowledgment from United. Not that any was expected, but providing this as a data point for others when they reach one of the milestones.

Anyway you look at it, that is equivalent to 80 trips around the Earth at the equator, I'm not sure that I'm up to another 40 to make the next milestone......
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Originally Posted by mdjtlj
Just reached 2,000,000 BIS miles yesterday, at 156 miles outside of Guam on the flight to Manila. Unlike others, there was no acknowledgment from United. Not that any was expected, but providing this as a data point for others when they reach one of the milestones.

Anyway you look at it, that is equivalent to 80 trips around the Earth at the equator, I'm not sure that I'm up to another 40 to make the next milestone......
I'm with you; currently at 3.4M BIS and really don't have it in me to think about flying another paid 600K miles to obtain Lifetime GS... but have never been GS so perhaps I'm under-thinking this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by deek
but have never been GS so perhaps I'm under-thinking this.
Perhaps back in the day, but from what I gather presently, not so much
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by mkasperzak
I had copied Oscar on my email to 1K Voice.

Now that the new year has started, my account still shows me as a 1K, but no new GPU's have been deposited. As a reminder, I am a new LT 1K, but did not meet the spend requirement this year. Any thoughts anyone?
Same here. typically takes a week for mine to post each year (my RPUs as I am only 2mm).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by deek
I'm with you; currently at 3.4M BIS and really don't have it in me to think about flying another paid 600K miles to obtain Lifetime GS... but have never been GS so perhaps I'm under-thinking this.
It's still an airplane that gets you to the destination. Your lifetime 1k will already enable you to get there in style that most won't ever see (at least under current rules). I've been GS for two years and 1k a few before that, and I'm still only at 0.5mm. I can only imagine what you've had to go through, but in the end what mattered is that you got to where you were going.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: *

Now that the new year has started, my account still shows me as a 1K, but no new GPU's have been deposited. As a reminder, I am a new LT 1K, but did not meet the spend requirement this year. Any thoughts anyone?
Surely this isn't an issue for the CEO of an airline?
IAH-OIL-TRASH likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

2017 status runs through January 31st, 2018. If you think about it, UA really isn't obligated to give the 2018 GPUs to you until February 1st, so any time in the month of January is reasonable. I'm sure Oscar is on it
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: UA1K, UA2.7MM
Spouse benefit

I'm a 2MM and last year I reached 1K status. My wife also received her companion 1K card, but she did not received any Global Premier Upgrades. Looking in the MileagePlus description of the MM Program I don't see anything about the companion receiving or not GPM. Can someone confirm that companions do not receive the GPU even if the spouse is a 1K?
Thanks!
Luis
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by seoane
I'm a 2MM and last year I reached 1K status. My wife also received her companion 1K card, but she did not received any Global Premier Upgrades. Looking in the MileagePlus description of the MM Program I don't see anything about the companion receiving or not GPM. Can someone confirm that companions do not receive the GPU even if the spouse is a 1K?
Thanks!
Luis
Companion gets no RPUs or GPUs unless they earn it themselves
seoane likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: UA1K, UA2.7MM
Thanks so much for the information Kirkwoodj!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone heard of UA matching lifetime miles when switching alliances from say AA to UA?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 3MM
3MM, are PQDs relevant to me?

Hi, just found this site. I've flown quite a lot on UA and I've made it past 3MM now, was a 2MM when the PQDs became a thing, but never flew enough to make 1K on mileage anyways, and now I'm sitting here as a 3MM and now I'm 1K for life.

So now I'm just curious, with my 1K 3MM status, are PQDs even relevant at all for me or can they still play a small factor on some things?

If I somehow end up flying 150K PQmiles, does the lack of PQDs prevent me from getting the "extra credit" upgrades?

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goMets101
Hi, just found this site. I've flown quite a lot on UA and I've made it past 3MM now, was a 2MM when the PQDs became a thing, but never flew enough to make 1K on mileage anyways, and now I'm sitting here as a 3MM and now I'm 1K for life.

So now I'm just curious, with my 1K 3MM status, are PQDs even relevant at all for me or can they still play a small factor on some things?

If I somehow end up flying 150K PQmiles, does the lack of PQDs prevent me from getting the "extra credit" upgrades?

Thanks!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...4-forward.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...solidated.html
General RPU earning & usage questions [Consolidated 2016 onward]

The earned 1K (12K PQD satisfied) is entitled to extra GPUs and RPUs if PQM exceeds 125K (for extra RPUs) or 150K (GPUs & RPUs). For lifttime 1K, you will receive the standard amount of GPUs and RPUs on January 1.

Last edited by Kmxu; Jul 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm Reason: Add links
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
The earned 1K (12K PQD satisfied) is entitled to extra GPUs and RPUs if PQM exceeds 125K (for extra RPUs) or 150K (GPUs & RPUs). For lifttime 1K, you will receive the standard amount of GPUs and RPUs on January 1.
In other words: Yes, PQDs are relevant to a 3MM flyer, but only for the extra upgrade certificates.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Reached 3 MMM and thus lifetime 1K, middle of Feb, 2018. When should I get my 6 GPU's and 2 RPU's posted to my account.

I've been told it should have only taken 2 weeks, and I've also been told that I need to wait til Nov of this year, and again I have been told Jan of 2019.

I am aware that they are sort of useless anymore, and so I haven't bothered to continually hound MP since I made status, but does anyone have the correct answer, please?

I have called MP 3 times in the past and received 3 different answers, so I finally just let it go, but since this thread popped up, I am hoping for a definitive answer, from the pro's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.