FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1536743-2014-upsell-offers-business-first-ufc-pcu-questions-discussion-paid-upgrades.html)

psychoandy Mar 5, 2014 1:33 pm

2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

EWR-MXP
Wideroe K fare
PCU to BF for $939 at OLCI.
Pass...might consider it at $400-500 price point (but so would a ton of others I'm sure).

Ruhr Mar 5, 2014 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ruhr (Post 22435997)
Route: LAX-HNL
Original fare bucket: T
Price offered: US$299
PCU/UFC?: UFC? Not sure
When offered: OLCI
Accepted!

An update to this. Original routing was IAH-LAX-HNL, and I had only upgraded the LAX-HNL for US$299 (still a great price). Due to IRROPS, I was automatically rebooked in IAH for fear I'd miss my connection. It was a direct IAH-HNL flight and they kept me in FC (P bucket). A nice upgrade for an 8.5 hour flight! When I checked my posted PQM/PQS, I got 1.5 times the regular amount! I really scored with that US$299 upgrade. YAY!

(There were even more IRROPS on that flight, including a baggage delay, tho that's another story. You takes what you can gets!)

friendly45 Mar 7, 2014 3:44 am

CDG-SFO

Hi folks,

What Route: CDG-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: X
Price Offered: $1129
PCU/UFC: UFC
Where it was Offered: OLCI
Accepted: No

cmhua777 Mar 9, 2014 7:28 am

Has anyone else seen dynamic pricing for upgrades before?

I was flying SFO-PVG on a P fare. When I checked it at T-23 hours the flight was F7 C0 Y9. I was offered an upgrade to F for $1499 (my guess is C was oversold).

The day of my flight I re-checked the offer by trying to check-in again. This time it was F7 C2 Y9. My upgrade price went to $5999!

Intrigued, a couple hours before my flight the C inventory went back to 0, so I tried to check-in again and - surprise - my upgrade offer was back to $1499.

kauppias Mar 9, 2014 8:44 am

What Route: LAS-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: G
Price Offered: 249$ one way
PCU/UFC? UFC
Where it was Offered: kiosk at check-in
Accepted? No

gtpdiddy Mar 9, 2014 11:15 am

I believe during IRROPS they usually rebook you to the highest fare class within the cabin service, so I was rebooked to Y from a W fare, and P from a R fare.

WineCountryUA Mar 9, 2014 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by gtpdiddy (Post 22491803)
I believe during IRROPS they usually rebook you to the highest fare class within the cabin service, so I was rebooked to Y from a W fare, and P from a R fare.

"usually" might be too strong of a word, "commonly" might be a better fit.

flyerbjorn Mar 9, 2014 7:18 pm

What Route: YVR-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: Q ($408/person)
Price Offered: $139
PCU/UFC: OCU
Where it was Offered: At booking

azzurro Mar 9, 2014 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ruhr (Post 22470327)
An update to this. Original routing was IAH-LAX-HNL, and I had only upgraded the LAX-HNL for US$299 (still a great price). Due to IRROPS, I was automatically rebooked in IAH for fear I'd miss my connection. It was a direct IAH-HNL flight and they kept me in FC (P bucket). A nice upgrade for an 8.5 hour flight! When I checked my posted PQM/PQS, I got 1.5 times the regular amount! I really scored with that US$299 upgrade. YAY!

(There were even more IRROPS on that flight, including a baggage delay, tho that's another story. You takes what you can gets!)

Every now and again, things work in your favor... score!
take it when you can get it - and that was a GOOD one. As the captain occasionally says "We arrived at the gate 10 minutes early, mark that in your ledger to offset the next time we might be late..."

mrjay Mar 9, 2014 8:12 pm

What Route: HKG-SFO
Original Fare Bucket: W (had successfully applied GPU for a BF seat)
Price Offered: $1399 upgd to GF

FlightNurse Mar 9, 2014 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by mrjay (Post 22494051)

I don't think you have a BF seat, since Business and Business First are two different product, or is it?

Kacee Mar 9, 2014 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by mrjay (Post 22494051)

That seems to be the going price TPAC for upgraded BF to GF. I wonder if they're getting any takers. Not even in the ballpark so far as I'm concerned.

WineCountryUA Mar 9, 2014 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 22494891)
I don't think you have a BF seat, since Business and Business First are two different product, or is it?

OP purchased economy, upgraded to BF (SFO-HKG is BF/GF -- business & first are on CPU flights) and was offered a cash opportunity for GF. Fairly standard.

UA-NYC Mar 10, 2014 5:01 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 22494891)

It is unnecessarily confusing nomenclature, isn't it ;)

halls120 Mar 10, 2014 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22494907)
That seems to be the going price TPAC for upgraded BF to GF. I wonder if they're getting any takers. Not even in the ballpark so far as I'm concerned.

While I've enjoyed the comfort of a GF seat, there is NFW I'd pay $1399 extra for it.