Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by exerda
UA knows they have you over a barrel. They know you're short 12k PQM. It's not likely they will offer them to you cheaper than 40cpm, regardless of the routing or type of ticket you pick.
They are tracking all of us all the time.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
So no suggestion of another routing? just to try?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Routing has appears to be less of a factor on the prices than it has been in past years. There is some correlation in the number of miles offered based on the length of the itin but the cpm has been more consistent recently.
Neither of these statements are absolute {occasional reports of exceptions) but seems to reflect the general experience of those reporting on FT that I have read.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
You can try anything you like. But 30 cpm is a very good deal for December 28th, and I doubt you will do substantially better than the $4200.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P

I made a dummy res PTY-LAS and the offer is $4,200 for 14,000 PQM (plus $294 for the RDM).. Already cancelled.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
I suggest that next year you don't let this go until December 29...

I hope you're lucky, but I think $4200 is the best you will do at this point. Don't make and cancel too many flights, of you'll probably get a nasty latter at some point.

Last edited by TomA; Dec 28, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by TomA
I suggest that next year you don't let this go until December 29...

I hope you're lucky, but I think $4200 is the best you will do at this point. Don't make and cancel too many flights, of you'll probably get a nasty latter at some point.
Lesson absolutely learned !!
To make things worse (slef punishment).. I recently took an itin to SIN, goin' for the cheap I selected W fare.. Looking back, for $2,000 more I could have gotten B and that was all I needed.
My logic was that I could enjoy an additional longhaul trip with that bucks...

Oh Well, this was my 1st. year as a 1K so I consider my self a noob

And thank you for the multiple cancelation suggestion, yep, I'm overly cautious in general, in fact this is the first time ever that I make a dummy res. and didn't wanted to make even the second one without expert feedback.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Lesson absolutely learned !!
To make things worse (slef punishment).. I recently took an itin to SIN, goin' for the cheap I selected W fare.. Looking back, for $2,000 more I could have gotten B and that was all I needed.
My logic was that I could enjoy an additional longhaul trip with that bucks...
That's exactly how I think, and why I never buy PQMs. I have lots of free time and I am a travel junkie. In fact, while I do take specific flights for the purpose of getting additional miles, I don't do immediate turns, so I'm told they don't qualify to be called mileage runs, because I actually stay for a few days. For example, I took the Bahrain deal to make some miles this year, but I actually stayed there for 5 days.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes this happens but it is in violation of UA MP T&Cs and can (& has) lead to bad outcomes (for all involved). UA does watch for this and will take action. That kind of activity is not allowed on FT due to negative consequences.
Isn't that just transferring miles?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by slickvik
Isn't that just transferring miles?
No it isn't.

The selling of miles to another or providing use of miles for any consideration is a violation of UA MP T&Cs. The source of the miles in the above post is not providing the miles for karma, there is money changing hands.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:44 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by gnaget
You can do 2) but they probably are not going to offer 700 miles. If you do it now before your outbound flight (on the trip you mention, assuming it is 7500 miles) then they are likely to offer you like 8 or 10k miles and the price will be quite high around 30 to 40 cents per mile.
Thanks so much.

FYI:
a)for my Jan return leg they are offering:
7500 accelerator miles at $158 for award accelerator, plus $900 PQM.
In case you are interested, this same offer is made to all 3 of us on the same flight: me; my wife (no status, paid ticket booked through my account, and my daughter (no status on a rewards ticket).

b) for a couple of short-hop flights I booked, I am getting this offer:
5000 miles for $115, plus $600 for PQM.
Same offer if I book the flight for tomorrow or 3 months hence.

Naive Questions (call em #4 and 5):
4) If I accept the PQM Accelerator, do I get the X,000 miles in BOTH rewards and PQM? - so I'd at least have 5000 to use for booking a future flight too?

5) As I only need 700 PQM to hit Silver, and I cannot make a route change or additional trip before year end, does the $715 for 5000 sound like my best option?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Robtom
Thanks so much.

FYI:
a)for my Jan return leg they are offering:
7500 accelerator miles at $158 for award accelerator, plus $900 PQM.
In case you are interested, this same offer is made to all 3 of us on the same flight: me; my wife (no status, paid ticket booked through my account, and my daughter (no status on a rewards ticket).

b) for a couple of short-hop flights I booked, I am getting this offer:
5000 miles for $115, plus $600 for PQM.
Same offer if I book the flight for tomorrow or 3 months hence.

Naive Questions (call em #4 and 5):
4) If I accept the PQM Accelerator, do I get the X,000 miles in BOTH rewards and PQM? - so I'd at least have 5000 to use for booking a future flight too?

5) As I only need 700 PQM to hit Silver, and I cannot make a route change or additional trip before year end, does the $715 for 5000 sound like my best option?

Thanks!
4) Yes, of course you will get the Award miles.

5) In my opinion that's too much of an investment for Silver (Just my humble opinion). But for a straight answer to your question, it sounds like your best option taking in consideration that you cannot make any additional travel.

OR

Apply for the United Credit Card and it will be way cheaper and same benefits.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Gold
3,288 PQM needed through Premier Accelerator

Hi,

I am new to flyertalk, and separately put myself into a predicament. I need 3,288 PQM to qualify for Gold in 2015. And its 12/31/14... so I can't do a mileage run. Anyone have suggestions to find a decent Premier Accelerator offer at this late in the game?

I have one trip booked in 2015 so far, it is a long international ticket so the accelerator offer was for 17.5k miles at around $0.19/mile. That is both way more than I need, and pricey.

I guess booking another, shorter, ticket could yield a lower mileage option and maybe get the price down a bit.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I meet all of the other Gold requirements; 27 segments, $9500 PQD, etc.

Thank you.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
As most offers to premier members are going to be for a minimum of 5k PQM, you can book almost any short-haul trip and see what they offer. Aim for something either 500 miles each way, or at most under 5k roundtrip, to try to minimize the offer. (As you noticed, the longhauls get big offers; I have one right now offering 50k and 75k PQM on a TPAC trip!)

Unfortunately, UA typically charges a higher cost per mile for the shorter trips. So that 5k PQM offer may cost you $2000+. They know they have you over a barrel.

For example, before my last flights of the year had posted to put me over 1K, UA was for my shorter trips offering PQM at 42cpm (at the time, 10k minimum miles for me, or $4.2k), but was offering them at only 12cpm on a longer trip ($6k for 50,000). Those rates fluctuated a bit, with a few shorter offers appearing but at 50cpm, and a few longer ones dropping to 40cpm... but UA knew I "needed" over 4k PQM and only offered significantly more than that, too. (Thankfully, I had the miles from flights and just had to wait a few days for them to post.)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:32 pm

With the arrival of 2015 and a new http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2015-a.html, it is time to let this thread RIP.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.